USSF ends DA program, MLS announces a replacement

5,622 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by jessexy
99StationAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No launch date announced yet, and these clubs/teams will not be able to play High School soccer in this new "MLS" league...

And, didn't USL just launch a USL Academy League, with several of these clubs "committed" to it?

I'll let you read between the lines...
oh no
AG
MAJOR LEAGUE SOCCER AND US YOUTH SOCCER ENTER GROUNDBREAKING STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP

jeffk
AG
Yeah, you're right about the MLS league not allowing HS competitions. I got that confused with another new YD league (the one the Dash joined, I think).
99StationAG
AG
jeffk said:

Yeah, you're right about the MLS league not allowing HS competitions. I got that confused with another new YD league (the one the Dash joined, I think).

Correct, if you're referring to the GAL, they will be allowed to play H.S., but the travel for that League is going to be horrendous...

Lots of changes about to happen in NTX, especially on the girls side!
tysker
AG
Not sure where to post and not sure it needs its own thread but just got this email from US Club Soccer:

Trends in Women's College Soccer and the Impact on Youth Training
Facebook Live with Texas A&M University associate head soccer coach Phil Stephenson
https://www.usclubsoccer.org/players-first-courses-events

99StationAG
AG
tysker said:

Not sure where to post and not sure it needs its own thread but just got this email from US Club Soccer:

Trends in Women's College Soccer and the Impact on Youth Training
Facebook Live with Texas A&M University associate head soccer coach Phil Stephenson
https://www.usclubsoccer.org/players-first-courses-events

Tysker- Hope you enjoy, and glad you received this! Please feel free to share. I'll spill the beans...I work for US Club Soccer and set this up; Phil's a great Friend and Mentor to me for many years. Mind me asking how you're connected(Club Coach, Parent, etc.) and from where?

TIA!

WB '99
tysker
AG
Very cool. I'll have my wife share with other parents on our current and old teams. Not sure how/why I received. We're just parents of a Texans 08 daughter trying to understand all this new ECNL stuff out. Look forward to watching!
99StationAG
AG
tysker said:

Very cool. I'll have my wife share with other parents on our current and old teams. Not sure how/why I received. We're just parents of a Texans 08 daughter trying to understand all this new ECNL stuff out. Look forward to watching!

Good stuff! If I can ever help in any way, to any of you guys, please let me know.

WB '99
jessexy
AG
PatAg said:

Solar was a power club team before FC Dallas essentially borrowed the Dallas Texans as their club team on the boys side.
Not sure if you're serious, Dallas Texans can't stand FCD. But it was Dallas Inter SC that ended up becoming FCD's youth club.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.