Newcastle United Sale

1,691 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by KCup17
KCup17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
News out of England this morning is that Newcastle United is on the brink of being sold for $300M to a consortium of buyers led in majority by the Saudi Public Investment Fund. Supposedly the deal has been passed up to the Premier League for an owners and directors test to test the background of the buyers and the financial integrity of the companies buying.
PascalsWager
AG
300 million seems like a steal.

They have:
Big stadium
Rabid fanbase
Decent history
National Brand
7th largest urban area in England

Don't have:
Continental Talent

If they finish 7-10 (a reasonable expectation for a club with this reputation) for a decade, the owner will quickly get their investment back.
KCup17
AG
I think the one thing that has been holding them back for the past decade has been their owner. He has repeatedly chosen not to invest in the club and prevented them from taking the next step. With proper investment I think they could go on to push for a Europa League spot.
eiggA2002
AG
They're not buying this club in hopes of getting into the Europa League. They're buying to get into the Champions League. See Man City.
Mathguy64
AG
Another team owned by a sovereign. Great. Unlimited budgets are wonderful equalizers.
Onceaggie2.0
mathguy86 said:

Another team owned by a sovereign. Great. Unlimited budgets are wonderful equalizers.
ah come on NewCastle deserves this plus they are big club with history unlike Man ****ty.
KCup17
AG
I completely agree. The point i was trying to make is that with a proper coach and proper backing from management the Europa league could be realistic in the next season.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.