Concacaf Nations League semi's/final Houston& Dallas

1,177 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Rudyjax
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://sports.yahoo.com/houston-and-dallas-to-host-concacaf-nations-league-final-four-031242444.html

Quote:

The United States men's national team will take on Honduras June 3 at the Houston Dynamo' BBVA Stadium.Later that evening, Mexico will meet Costa Rica in the other semifinal, which will be played at NRG Stadium, home of the NFL's Houston Texans. The finale of the new regional competition will be held on June 7 at another NFL venue, AT&T Stadium in Arlington, which is part of the Dallas/Fort Worth metropolitan area.

Smh at the state of USMens soccer.
They don't want the criticism of the US playing in front of an empty stadium and Mexico full.

In other news, I'll go see Mexico play in the finals at AT&T. Always wanted to see them play. Hopefully US will be there.

wangus12
AG
Damn I'll be on a plane instead of watching the USA beat Mexico in Arlington to a sold out Mexican crowd.
Rudyjax
AG
wangus12 said:

Damn I'll be on a plane instead of watching the USA beat Mexico in Arlington to a sold out Mexican crowd.

I hope to be there. It'll be worse than being a spurs game.
Dre_00
That's hilarious though with interest and belief in US men's soccer at arguably its lowest point in probably 25 years, I get why they are concerned.
Furlock Bones
AG
Dre_00 said:

That's hilarious though with interest and belief in US men's soccer at arguably its lowest point in probably 25 years, I get why they are concerned.
no doubt. i'd say it's the culmination of greed and absolute incompetence that drove US soccer to this point. really sucks.
aggiesoccer#1fan
AG
At least the U.S. made the semifinals. Remember when we were worried about that?
PatAg
AG
When the Gold Cup semifinal was at Jerry World, the US played first and Mexico played 2nd, thats how it always is

That has nothing to do with the "current state" of ussoccer. \
Rudyjax
AG
PatAg said:

When the Gold Cup semifinal was at Jerry World, the US played first and Mexico played 2nd, thats how it always is

BBVA Stadium capacity: 22000
NRAg Capacity: 71000

Or is not reading a post and commenting your thing.
PatAg
AG
Foxymophandlemama said:

PatAg said:

Quote:

The United States men's national team will take on Honduras June 3 at the Houston Dynamo' BBVA Stadium.Later that evening, Mexico will meet Costa Rica in the other semifinal, which will be played at NRG Stadium, home of the NFL's Houston Texans. The finale of the new regional competition will be held on June 7 at another NFL venue, AT&T Stadium in Arlington, which is part of the Dallas/Fort Worth metropolitan area.

They don't want the criticism of the US playing in front of an empty stadium and Mexico full.

In other news, I'll go see Mexico play in the finals at AT&T. Always wanted to see them play. Hopefully US will be there.

You implied that it's because they are afraid of the us playing in front of an empty stadium. That makes no sense. I explained that when it was at jerry world the us played first and mexico played second. If they both played at nrg it would be the same, and the stadiumn would be full for both games Even if it would probably be mostly mexican fans.

That's how it always is implying that Mexico will always get top billing or the best slot. In this case, that means they play in the evening in a bigger stadium.
Rudyjax
AG
PatAg said:

Foxymophandlemama said:

PatAg said:

Quote:

You implied that it's because they are afraid of the us playing in front of an empty stadium. That makes no sense. I explained that when it was at jerry world the us played first and mexico played second. If they both played at nrg it would be the same, and the stadiumn would be full for both games Even if it would probably be mostly mexican fans.

That's how it always is implying that Mexico will always get top billing or the best slot. In this case, that means they play in the evening in a bigger stadium.

I am not sure how you're missing the point but you are.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.