Curious what soccer yall get on your TV

1,524 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by agsalaska
agsalaska
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have cable and can't cut the chord mostly because of internet speed. Got rid of Direct TV a couple years back and don't want them again.

I have cable with a sports package.

Get 5 premier league games on Saturday and Sunday. And any random weekday game(NBC)
Get 5 Bundesliga games with One on Friday, two Saturday and Two Sunday(Fox)
Get on occasional Serie A game on ESPN. The last one was on a Sunday
Get seemingly every Liga MX game on the Spanish stations
Get Copa MX on a spanish station.
Get about half of the Champions and Europa games, though half of the half is in Spanish. Pretty sure I see all of the bracket games.
Get another soccer channel that gets a bunch of South America leagues and Portugal, but it's not in HD and I rarely watch it.

I get no Championship or Fa Cup. Ive heard that if I buy ESPN+ I will get all of that, but its hard to stream on a TV. I already do that with Aggie Baseball and its kind of hard to watch sometimes. Soccer is 10 times worse.

I live between Waco and Austin, so we don't have any watching parties, but I went to several in Houston in the early '00s. One was a Mexican bar outside the Heights and they were playing Brazil. Fun night.

Curious what other people see.

-Edit to add Champions and Europa Leagues
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Bubba smollett
I got the following.

1. Liga MX games
2. Bundesliga on Fox Sports and Fox sports 1
3. Colombian League games for some reason I have that channel
4. Paid for ESPN PLus like $5 a month. All seria A games, Championship games, and MLS games.
5. 2 nbc channels for EPL
6. No Bein network..Comcast and them couldn't agree.

Thats all I can think of.

ESPN doesn't show La Liga games maybe Copa Del Rey?
wangus12
AG
We talking legal or illegal?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Have the EPL pass and use it.
Get some bundesliga via fox and TNT shows some champions league.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I signed up for ESPN + a few weeks ago to watch the United at Tranmere and Liverpool at Shrewbury GA Cup games. I haven't watched it since then and I've been meaning to cancel it.

Question though, is it a library where I could go back and watch last week's games or is it just current live content?
Bubba smollett
ChipFTAC01 said:

I signed up for ESPN + a few weeks ago to watch the United at Tranmere and Liverpool at Shrewbury GA Cup games. I haven't watched it since then and I've been meaning to cancel it.

Question though, is it a library where I could go back and watch last week's games or is it just current live content?
think you can watch past games
Aston94
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Yes, you can watch past games. Not sure how long they stay on there but you do not have to watch live.

ptothemo
AG
Just based on a quick scroll through of what is out there now, it looks like three weeks.

And to add to OP's list, ESPN News and sometimes ESPN2 have Serie A live. Doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to the games they carry there other than I feel like the big Serie A games are still always only on ESPN+.
eiggA2002
AG
I cut the cord and moved to YouTube TV.

Premier League: NBC Sports Gold* + NBCSN, NBC, etc. - Can watch every PL match if I wanted
Champions League: I pay the $2.99 a la carte from B/R Live when Liverpool is not on TNT

*I read that NBC Sports Gold is going to be rolled into NBC Universal's new Peacock app. For $5/month (I'm guessing) you'll get every PL match + the NBC/Universal library. It would mean that PL comes off of TV (except for up to 1 match a week) most likely.

If it's on, I'll watch it no matter who is playing and YouTube TV is great for a random Eintracht Frankfurt vs. Paderborn match on a Sunday afternoon.....
agsalaska
AG
Meant Serie A. Not La Liga. Couple weeks ago it was Napoli vs someone
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
heddleston
AG
I just have ESPN+, mainly for MLS since I'm out of my teams market. I've really enjoyed getting the Eredivisie on there as well, there's lots of fun fast young attacking talent in that league, and I'm pretty pumped about getting Bundesliga on there next year.
agsalaska
AG
I forgot about MLS. I'm sure I get that too but I have no idea what channel. Is it even on right now?
Bubba smollett
agsalaska said:

I forgot about MLS. I'm sure I get that too but I have no idea what channel. Is it even on right now?
games start this weekend on ESPN and Fox Sports and Espn Plus
Ag by Vows
I have fios with FrontierTV and we used to have Bein, but then it was just gone one day....
Bubba smollett
Ag by Vows said:

I have fios with FrontierTV and we used to have Bein, but then it was just gone one day....

Yea they couldn't negotiate a price
Third Son
AG
Bein sports broadcasts a lot of La Liga Spanish league games. El Clasico is upcoming on Sunday. Didn't see that on your list.
agsalaska
AG
Third Son said:

Bein sports broadcasts a lot of La Liga Spanish league games. El Clasico is upcoming on Sunday. Didn't see that on your list.
Yea I don't get it. My random soccer channel get Portugal, Holland, Ecuador, Uruguay, and Colombia. But no La Liga. I want to say Fox produces it but its not in HD which sucks. I had La Liga for years on DTV but its been a couple years now. I wish I had it now.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.