USMNT 2020 Thread

53,187 Views | 928 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pahdz
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The game today is on ESPN News, about to start. Lot of young players starting
10Aggie10
AG
I thought I had waited long enough. Didnt see a thread so I started the match thread.

Feel free to delete the other thread and comment here
PatAg
AG
I like Lletget a lot as a player, but he is not hitting good corner kicks.
PatAg
AG
Some dangerous moments going forward for the youngsters so far
PatAg
AG
Arriola has great work ethic, and is generally in the right spot in attacking moments...he just lacks that last quality of skill most of the time. We could do worse if none of the younger players can supplant him before WCQ, but I hope one does
jeffk
AG
Hey! New kit drop!

I actually kind of like the old-school touches, but I'm realizing that I have really low standards for Nike USNT offerings.

JJxvi
AG
Dislike boring ass whites. Dislike the Nike Futura logo that is plastered on these. Is "NIKE" written on the ass too? Thats my question...
jeffk
AG
More and better pics here:

JJxvi
AG
Edit to clarify that I dont dislike the Nike Futura logo on its own, (ie appearing in one place on the shirt). But having it appear 4 times so that "NIKE" is written out in 4 different places on the front of the kit is absurd.
jeffk
AG
Also, I learned today that Nike isn't using templates for their uniform designs starting this year. I think that's a net positive for everyone.

boogieman
AG
I like the fan made versions a little more.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ussoccer/comments/ezpv8h/refresh_the_waldo_kit_my_proposals_for/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

ChipFTAC01
AG
Insert freedomboner.gif
Pahdz
love it but anything related to DTOM is likely never coming back since that and the flag have become a symbol many conservatives now use. Sucks but that's my guess
jeffk
AG
Woah. Jay Berhalter announced he's stepping down.

Out in Left Field
AG
Look like training kits
Pound the Rock
AG
jeffk said:

Woah. Jay Berhalter announced he's stepping down.

This is very intriguing. With the addition of Brian McBride and Jay exiting the building, I wonder how long and how much latitude will be given to Gregg now. Particularly if he can't be more competitive against Mexico and other international competition.
PatAg
AG
http://www.americansoccernow.com/articles/gonzalez-eyes-ambitious-future-for-fc-dallas-in-2020-and-beyond

good read
Rudyjax
AG
Gotta be good with Berholter leaving?

akm91
AG
Hopefully with a new CEO and a new CCO there will be fresh thinking driving USSF.
jeffk
AG
I'm going to continue to operate under the "USSF will screw this up" mindset. Maybe then I'll be pleasantly surprised to be wrong.
Idk3
AG
Getting one Crap-halter out is the first step. Now we need Gregg and Dan Garber to be run out as well.
Bryan98
AG
Is it wrong for me to hope that Cordeiro saw the new kits and that was why he axed Berhalter? XD
jeffk
AG
Klinsmann quit Hertha this morning. He got them to make some huge splash signings, is on their board, but then leaves after a couple months and blames a lack of support.
wangus12
AG
CONCACAF OLYMPIC QUALIFYING CHAMPIONSHIP USA ROSTER BY POSITION (CLUB; HOMETOWN):

GOALKEEPERS (3): Matt Freese (Philadelphia Union; Wayne, Pa.), JT Marcinkowski (San Jose Earthquakes; Alamo, Calif.), David Ochoa (Real Salt Lake; Oxnard, Calif.)

DEFENDERS (6): Reggie Cannon (FC Dallas; Grapevine, Texas), Justen Glad (Real Salt Lake; Tucson, Ariz.), Chris Gloster (PSV Eindhoven/NED; Montclair, N.J.), Aaron Herrera (Real Salt Lake; Las Cruces, N.M.), Mark McKenzie (Philadelphia Union; Bear, Del.), Erik Palmer-Brown (Austria Wien/AUT; Lee's Summit, Mo.)

MIDFIELDERS (6): Brenden Aaronson (Philadelphia Union; Medford, N.J.), Hassani Dotson (Minnesota United; Federal Way, Wash.), Richard Ledezma (PSV Eindhoven/NED; Phoenix, Ariz.), Djordje Mihailovic (Chicago Fire; Lemont, Ill.), Paxton Pomykal (FC Dallas; Highland Village, Texas), Jackson Yueill (San Jose Earthquakes; Bloomington, Minn.)

FORWARDS (5): Jeremy Ebobisse (Portland Timbers; Bethesda, Md.), Jess Ferreira (FC Dallas; McKinney, Texas), Jonathan Lewis (Colorado Rapids; Plantation, Fla.), Ulysses Llanez (Wolfsburg/GER; Lynwood, Calif.), Sebastian Saucedo (UNAM Pumas/MEX; Park City, Utah)
Mr. White
Is there any way to pull up WC 2002 threads? They were on Other Sports back then, right?
aggiesoccer#1fan
AG
Yes, we were relegated to Other Sports back then...

https://texags.com/forums/10/145
Bryan98
AG
US Soccer is streaming the Snow Clasico tonight on Youtube and Facebook! 5pm Central!

I couldn't believe what I was seeing during that game. I'm gonna watch with my kids!
wangus12
AG
Why would you show a 1-nil match against Costa Rica that was pretty bad other than the goal. Should show the 4-3 against Germany
Sooner Born
I was at that game! We had 2nd row seats on the end line where the goal was scored! It was a sloppy game for sure but a ton of fun to be at.

PatAg
AG
wangus12 said:

Why would you show a 1-nil match against Costa Rica that was pretty bad other than the goal. Should show the 4-3 against Germany
because it was a huge game....
Aston94
AG
PatAg said:

wangus12 said:

because it was a huge game....
...in a snowstorm.

Of course the soccer was bad, they were playing in like 6 inches of snow!
akm91
AG
Well USSF's gonna USSF. They hired someone connected to both MLS and SUM to be the next CEO. Do they not understand how bad this looks for them?
PatAg
AG
Saw HalfSpace reference this on twitter, google led me to it. I don't think you have to make an account to watch, but it's free if you have to.
Its not HD, but its better than nothing. I think I might just fast forward to the 2nd half, only watched the first few minutes to test it.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/46608431
Mr. White
USNT twitter and instagram accounts are having a uniform tournament. The Waldos are probably the favorite.

I pray NIKE uses this as an indication on what to do with the future uniforms.

Waldos are permanent "home"

2nd place non-white = "away"

the third can be the new annual crappy Nike abomination
Pahdz
People voting are idiots, DTOM kits are getting smoked by a generic WNT kit

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.