Premier League tickets?

1,851 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Bubba smollett
Jack Bristow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm going to Scotland/England with my family in late April/early May.

Was hoping to get a chance to see a premier league match somewhere. Seems most are sold out. Does anyone know if there is a secondary market or if there is typically any availability on the street before the match?

Any suggestions or advice would be great. Thanks in advance
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Depends on club. For huge clubs, look for their US supporters club and you may have to use stubhub. European stubhub is - uh - interesting. Works but is different in some situations.

For smaller EPL clubs, look into joining their official supporters club (usually around 50). Gets you earlier access to buy tickets and it's kinda cool when you get to wear your official supporters scarf at the pub pregame and use your supporters club card to get into the stadium. Did that for west ham the last year they were at upton Park and had a blast.

Also look into lower level leagues and Scottish leagues. Though I will mention that after-market tickets for Hearts were impossible to get even for the concierge at a super high end hotel.
Jack Bristow
AG
Thank you!!
Bubba smollett
Forget that I got a ticket easy to Man West Ham game last year at Old trafford just got to haggle with ticket brokers.
Jack Bristow
AG
LaQuica said:

Forget that I got a ticket easy to Man West Ham game last year at Old trafford just got to haggle with ticket brokers.

What ticket brokers?
Bubba smollett
Jack Bristow said:

LaQuica said:

What ticket brokers?
Sorry the guys scalping tickets
Jack Bristow
AG
Ahh...gotcha. Thank you
Dre_00
I'd start with figuring out what games you could potentially see and then go from there. The secondary market is pretty much the same as it is here. You'll pay through the nose going through ticket brokers. But each club has a different set up. In addition to checking with local supporters clubs, clubs often have a ticket exchange portal for season ticket holders who can't attend a given match. This helps cut down on scalping. So once you know the clubs you are interested in seeing, you can better see what they offer as options.
Jack Bristow
AG
Thank you!

Looking at Manchester United or Sheffield United on April 25th.

Trying my luck with footballtickets.net
Texaggie7nine
Last year I bought secondary market tickets off stubhub for a Man City EPL game. After I was charged, I got an email saying they couldn't mail international and it had to be in the UK.

I had to rent a temporary PO box in the UK that would then forward the tickets to me.

So after all that hassle, the game I bought got postponed because City was in the Carabo Cup semi final that day in London. So, since our trip was already planned and I would not be in the UK for when the EPL match got moved to, I had to sell them for a very discounted price and luckily found someone in the US who was going over there for the game that I could mail them to.

Then I bought the tickets to the Carabo Cup match through City's website and we had to take a train down to London from Manchester.

All in all it worked out but I now know to never assume that EPL matches this time of year are set in stone and to only get Electronic tickets if you buy from secondary unless they specifically say they ship internationally.
7nine
Jack Bristow
AG
Thank you so much.

Some of these secondary sites say that "A Representative" will meet me to get the tickets and I will return the tickets when the match is over. Does this sound legitimate?
Texaggie7nine
Jack Bristow said:

Thank you so much.

Some of these secondary sites say that "A Representative" will meet me to get the tickets and I will return the tickets when the match is over. Does this sound legitimate?
Pretty sure that is legit. I think season ticket holders have like one ticket for the season that they scan every time.

Technically they are not allowed to resale them because they are supposed to return them to the club for a refund for games they aren't going to, then the club resales them. So I think it is possible that a security person might come up and ask for ID to match your ticket name, but from the games I've gone to, fans are just scanning tickets at automated gates to get in and the security doesn't really pay attention.

I mean it can still be possible that the person is selling you a fake ticket, but I think I would feel ok if the exchange happens near the entrance where they can watch if you get in or not. Then they have to depend on you to return the ticket.
7nine
Texaggie7nine
Also, be aware that if you are going to be wearing colors of the away team, you must be sitting in the designated away team areas and enter at the away team entrance.
7nine
Jack Bristow
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Also, be aware that if you are going to be wearing colors of the away team, you must be sitting in the designated away team areas and enter at the away team entrance.
good tip
Jack Bristow
AG
UPDATE: Manged to find tickets for the match I wanted to check out directly from the club. Apparently they had just re-released some tickets and I happened to get luck and look at the right time. Saved me about $600 buying directly from the club vs secondary market comparable seats.

Thank you to everyone for your responses.

I will be attending the Manchester United FC vs Southampton FC match on April 25th.

If anyone has been to Manchester or Old Trafford for a game, please let me know if there are any must visit pubs or sites.

Thanks again!!
Texaggie7nine
Sweet. Yeah, if you can get through the club it's so much cheaper.

We got Champions league tickets last year near the sideline for like 40 quid each after signing up and paying the membership fee of like 30 quid.

I've only been to Man City games at Etihad as that is my team , never been to Old Trafford.

Usually when we stay in Manchester we only stay for a day or two to go to the game and that's it, then we are off to other places in Europe. But for the city, I can say public transportation is great. If you are going to ride the rail to the stadium, do it early and expect a bit of a wait coming back.

We usually stay around the Picadilly Gardens area of Manchester. Lots of cool pubs and restaurants in the area but I can't think of any particular one that is a must see.

Also the National Football Museum is in Manchester. It's pretty cool if you have the time.

If you can find a good deal and you are flying out of Houston, the best flight there is the non stop Singapore Airlines flight. Economy class on that is still like business class. I love flying them.

7nine
Jack Bristow
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Sweet. Yeah, if you can get through the club it's so much cheaper.

We got Champions league tickets last year near the sideline for like 40 quid each after signing up and paying the membership fee of like 30 quid.

I've only been to Man City games at Etihad as that is my team , never been to Old Trafford.

Usually when we stay in Manchester we only stay for a day or two to go to the game and that's it, then we are off to other places in Europe. But for the city, I can say public transportation is great. If you are going to ride the rail to the stadium, do it early and expect a bit of a wait coming back.

We usually stay around the Picadilly Gardens area of Manchester. Lots of cool pubs and restaurants in the area but I can't think of any particular one that is a must see.

Also the National Football Museum is in Manchester. It's pretty cool if you have the time.

If you can find a good deal and you are flying out of Houston, the best flight there is the non stop Singapore Airlines flight. Economy class on that is still like business class. I love flying them.

Awesome, thank you.

We will be taking the train in from Edinburgh that morning and then back to Scotland in the evening. This was a last minute idea I had for our trip to Scotland (since there were no games going on in Scotland during our stay).

I'll make sure to check out Picadilly Gardens area
Texaggie7nine
You definitely chose right because EPL is a whole other level than the Scottish league. Unless you are more interested in the crowd people watching. In that case the Scottish league is probably better.
7nine
Texaggie7nine
Also, if it's your first time to the UK. Good luck learning the train system. It's a CF and very confusing.
7nine
Jack Bristow
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Also, if it's your first time to the UK. Good luck learning the train system. It's a CF and very confusing.
i was expecting a snafu of at least some proportions : - )
theNetSmith
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

In May of 2015, my family was able to attend a Chelsea v West Brom match at The Hawthorns in Birmingham. My sons were huge Chelsea fans at the time and that team was stacked (Oscar, Hazard, Courtois, Fabregas, Costa, Willian, and on and on... with Mourinho managing).

We got our tickets through the West Brom site -- might have had to pay to join some kind of supporters club, can't remember -- and our seats were on the 2nd row probably 30 yds away from one of the goal lines. I chatted with some Albion folks on their fan site before we left the States and they advised us not to wear blue or cheer whenever Chelsea made a play or there could be dire consequences from the others seated around us. Chelsea had already wrapped up the title -- this was the next to last game of the season -- but they lost 3-0 so there wasn't much for us to cheer about, anyway.

That game -- everything about it before and after -- was such an amazing experience. Riding a bus to the stadium with a bunch of blue collar Albion supporters, seeing some of the greatest players and my sons' heroes in person (during the game, Willian warmed up on the sideline, jogging back and forth just a few feet away from us), walking out of the stadium afterwards and listening to the Albion fans singing and celebrating... it was just a surreal experience that I will cherish for the rest of my life.

OP, I'm glad you were able to get tickets. Enjoy the game!
Bubba smollett
Texaggie7nine said:

You definitely chose right because EPL is a whole other level than the Scottish league. Unless you are more interested in the crowd people watching. In that case the Scottish league is probably better.
want to go to a Celtic Rangers game some point.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.