******BTHO UNLV******

3,076 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by HiddenAg2
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texas A&M Soccer looks to rebound tonight as they host the UNLV Rebels. The match kicks off at 6PM and will stream live on SEC+ through the ESPN App. Live Audio can be found on RadioAggieland.

UNLV is 2-3 on the season. Wins came against California Baptist (2-0) and CSU Bakersfield (2-1). The Rebels lost to the only common opponent they share with the Aggies, CSUN (0-1). They also lost to a pair of ACC powerhouses in Duke (0-3) and UNC (0-8).

There's no reason the Aggies should not obliterate this mid-tier Mountain West squad.
CDub06
AG
PROMOTIONS
NATIONAL HISPANIC HERITAGE MONTH MATCH
GIVEAWAY Limited edition Spanish "Home of the 12th Man" Bang-a-Banners for the 1st 500 fans
TAKE A KID TO THE GAME purchase 1 adult ticket, receive free admission for up to 4 children
KIDS ZONE free youth entertainment in northwest corner of Ellis Field, including inflatables, selfie station, face painting, balloon animals, soccer fun and free popcorn (first 100 kids), warm cookies from Tiff's Treats.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
1-0 Lopez will score !
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
mullokmotx
AG
UCLA lost at Santa Clara, Stanford lost at Pepperdine Friday, and North Carolina just lost in Fayettenam. Need to forget about the last couple of games and play futbol!
Expert Analysis
AG
Santa clara and pepperdine have struggled some, yet good enough to knock off top teams.
Arky beating UNC 2-0 is statement they are going to compete for the top of the sec
CDub06
AG
Monmouth is up 4-0 over Texas. Proving they're ready to take the Big 12 crown.

Or proving I have no idea what is going on in women's soccer this year. CSUN might win it all. Who knows.
aggiesoccer#1fan
AG
BTHO UNLV!!!

Also... this is my 2000th post. It only took me 17 years.
redd38
AG
Congrats, I think it took me 17 months to get to 2000
redd38
AG
6 recruits at the game today
Here4goodSoccer
Tera Ziemer and Katie Smith with the start today. Hopefully this line up is the one and they can break through whatever energy slump they have had.
redd38
AG
Yes, this seems to be our high energy lineup, hopefully it pays off. Been a crazy weekend of soccer, can't slack off today.
speedy
AG
Has the coach elaborated on why this slump has hit this team? I'm not close to what is happening there so I am curious.
redd38
AG
The Fightin Texas Aggie Band is playing directly behind our goal.
redd38
AG
Watt took a point blank shot to the gut, initially waved off the ref but eventually went to the ground.
redd38
AG
She's back in the game now though
deh40
AG
Not sure who thought the band was a good idea.
redd38
AG
Watt scores!
redd38
AG
deh40 said:

Not sure who thought the band was a good idea.

I liked them, just not directly behind our goal

They left after 10 minutes, which is weird
redd38
AG
Goals by Tara Ziemer and a second by Watt
Expert Analysis
AG
AgAssist works fast....
Giggem
AG
Very weird
Giggem
AG
These 6 pm Sunday games get zero benefit of a home football crowd. We all have to get home. Very few fans make the Sunday night games.
redd38
AG
3-0 at the half
Here4goodSoccer
We finally get to see the depth of our GKs!
Giggem
AG
Redd, what's the "crowd" like? Looks like a couple hundred on the broadcast
Aggie Futbol
This UNLV team isn't very good. Even with our poor touches and fair passing we are making them look bad. I bet we successfully connect less than 70% of our passes. The beauty of playing the Rebels is that we can get away with this fair passing and are very slow pace of play. In order to compete with the best teams we will need to play fast and clean.
redd38
AG
Giggem said:

Redd, what's the "crowd" like? Looks like a couple hundred on the broadcast

Not good, as bad as I can ever remember it
redd38
AG
Watt missed her hat trick goal but recovered enough to assist an Asdis goal
Giggem
AG
Aggie Futbol said:

This UNLV team isn't very good. Even with our poor touches and fair passing we are making them look bad. I bet we successfully connect less than 70% of our passes. The beauty of playing the Rebels is that we can get away with this fair passing and are very slow pace of play. In order to compete with the best teams we will need to play fast and clean.
Yep--MUCH faster and MUCH cleaner.
Giggem
AG
A worrying part of a win like this is that since the goals are largely coming from vertical passes over the top, it risks reinforcing in the players' minds that just blasting a long ball and hoping Ally will run onto it works.
redd38
AG
15 fouls against the Aggies, 4 against UNLV
Gap
AG
redd38 said:

Why should this bother me at all? We came into the game in a bit of a slump and played active and aggressive.
Rambotx
The real test will come in SEC play.
redd38
AG
Gap said:

redd38 said:

Why should this bother me at all? We came into the game in a bit of a slump and played active and aggressive.

It wasn't a result of us being aggressive, it was a result of us being up 3 goals early and the ref calling everything in 1 direction.
mullokmotx
AG
The first highlight was Tera Ziemer's first career goal. She had a great celebration.
Next was Olivia Ausmus first career game.
Third was the first goal of the season by Asdis on a unselfish assist from Ally Watt.
And then I was glad to see Jenna Byers get about 15 minutes on the field. I thought she had some pretty good touches.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.