******BTHO BYU******

6,778 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Aggie Futbol
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think we're really only like 2 players away from being decent. We don't usually (ever?) have a team full of great ball handlers or depend on possession much. If we just had 1 central midfielder than can run faster than my old a** and can control the ball, and one forward that can compliment Watt then I think we'd take a big step forward.

I think defense is fine, Lopez is fine, Kolb will get better with experience and she'll be fine, Watt is fine if you accept that she's just a role player and not a dominant forward that can take over a game. So of the remaining 4 positions we just need 2 to get better. (I'd say Piper is fine at defensive mid too, so just need 2 of 3 to get better). I think McCain has the most potential to be one of those transformational 2, but I haven't seen much passion from her head, not sure where her head is at.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Lopez our ENTIRE offense ! Trouble is she looks tired the second half .

She probably overdoes it at the start - maybe sub for her both halves to give her a rest .

Thanks to the defense for keeping us in these games !
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
AgsSoccerFan
This current team. Really don't care about the rest of the country right now.
whitehart
Jeez Red if we are using you as reference for what we need we are in a world of hurt!! I've seen you play
redd38
AG
Listen, I can lock down a division 5 city-league attacker!
sharpdressedman
Being picked by the SEC coaches to win the conference really heightened my expectations. However, watching the team play has been very disappointing. It will become very wearisome listening to the talking heads focusing on why the Aggies are under-performing if they stumble often during SEC competition.

BTW, thanks, HiddenAg2, for your educated, insightful analyses.
MookieBlaylock
AG
They look as bad offensively as every coach g team of the last 25 years

Hopefully watt gets hot for sec play
Aggie Futbol
Mookie-I think you are generalizing far too much. Over the last 25 years there have been a number of teams which generated plenty of offense. For example, look at the 2011-14 timeframe. As I recall this group scored bucket loads of goals.

I agree with you about the limited offensive production over the past handful of years. These teams have relied on only a few scorers to produce the offensive output. This approach doesn't work well. A highly productive, offensive minded team really has to have 4-6 potent threats.

This current team seems to be limited to just a few players who can score regularly. Watt is in a tough spot because there doesn't seem to be other real offensive threats for the opposing teams defenders to worry about. I'm sure the coaches see this and will work hard to push more players forward.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.