***** Official USMNT vs Uruguay Friendly Thread *****

3,204 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PatAg
OregonAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ja86 said:

Mexico played with a purpose, uraguay not so much. .. and no trapproblem and brick.

Good Ol Brick just got in the game hahaha
Rudyjax
AG
What is the point of putting in Zardes?

TRM
AG
Morris header ties it!
birdman
Good poachers goal.
Rudyjax
AG
texaggierm said:

Morris header ties it!

Header? Thought it was his chest.
TRM
AG
Head, chest, close enough. Half watching this and the Astros.
wangus12
AG
So Dest had a rough camp. Hope he learns from it
Rudyjax
AG
wangus12 said:

So Dest had a rough camp. Hope he learns from it

He played like an 18 year old. Some good, some bad.
oragator
Yeah I liked Dest, he shows a ton of potential.
oragator
Poor Stu Holden, he has to cover a team he can't stand right now.
OregonAggie
AG
oragator said:

Yeah I liked Dest, he shows a ton of potential.

Lots of potential but he had 2 games in a row that someone beat him and he didn't even chase them. I question how much the kid wants to be here vs playing for the Dutch team. I won't be surprised if he declines an invite to the Nations League games.
Rudyjax
AG
Someone remind me how caps work.

Do friendlies count as caps but not cap tied?
ja86
AG
jeffk
AG
Correct. All games count as caps (they used to actually give the players little caps) but only meaningful games can cap-tie you to a team.
jeffk
AG
Mexico getting shelled by Argentina. 4-0 in the first half.
abacavir
Good news is Dest played poorly the Dutch will back off his recruitment now.
PatAg
AG
Where is this narrative that Dest played poorly coming from? He created opportunities going forward for us in both games, and outside of the failed 2v1 with Pulisic, was doing a good job of winning his battles.

I don't get what the hell Berhalter's thought process is with player selection, but he needs to throw it out the window.
PatAg
AG
Random note, we struggled at this against Mexico as well. Roldan needs to just take that foul outside of Uruguay's 18 and the counterattack is done. No goal is scored. Kill the chance early, either win the tackle or take the foul
PatAg
AG
I'd like to see a combination of Pomykal, Lletget, and McKennie centrally next time out if possible, assuming Adams isn't healthy.
Pahdz
oragator said:

I love Stu so much , he's definitely got the pulse of the American fan moreso than any of the other guys like Twellman and Lalas (don't follow Edu on Twitter but probably should).

Stu even makes comments during the broadcast like he reads this board and Twitter. He made a comment regarding Zardes tonight that made me laugh.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Pahdz said:

oragator said:

I love Stu so much , he's definitely got the pulse of the American fan moreso than any of the other guys like Twellman and Lalas (don't follow Edu on Twitter but probably should).

Stu even makes comments during the broadcast like he reads this board and Twitter. He made a comment regarding Zardes tonight that made me laugh.
AND ?
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Pahdz
The quote? If you watched the game he basically chuckled when mentioning needed goals off the bench and said Zardes name.
OregonAggie
AG
PatAg said:

I'd like to see a combination of Pomykal, Lletget, and McKennie centrally next time out if possible, assuming Adams isn't healthy.

I really like Lletget every time I see him play at the club or international level. It's a shame he's always suffered from the injury bug. At 27 and out of contract with LA after this year, I wonder if he'll cross the pond. I also wonder if any team there would take a chance on him because of that. Had he not been injured so much, I think he'd be a mainstay in Europe somewhere and on the USMNT.

It's so strange to me that Berhalter only have Pomykal 7 minutes of play. His confidence to take on the 2 players at the edge of the box is something that we desperately need.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I did not see the first half and missed the last ten or so of the game, so I guess I could say I only caught a half hour or so of the second half. Holy crap was that boring soccer to watch. I am a soccer fan, but that style is just brutal on the eyes. I don't know if it can win or not, but it certainly won't win fans. I am not someone who is dissappointed with a low scoring match, I have played and appreciate the game. We also have no creativity anywhere on the field. Same predictable passes. Call me when we get to real qualifiers. Not enough hours in the day for that mess.
PatAg
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

I did not see the first half and missed the last ten or so of the game, so I guess I could say I only caught a half hour or so of the second half. Holy crap was that boring soccer to watch. I am a soccer fan, but that style is just brutal on the eyes. I don't know if it can win or not, but it certainly won't win fans. I am not someone who is dissappointed with a low scoring match, I have played and appreciate the game. We also have no creativity anywhere on the field. Same predictable passes. Call me when we get to real qualifiers. Not enough hours in the day for that mess.
Maybe watch more of the game next time, not that you are completely wrong
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.