Anyone else like me: watching soccer makes me like college football less

4,191 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ThunderCougarFalconBird
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pahdz said:

When ESPN does the all 22 camera angle on the Ocho or wherever for big games I watch that exclusively

Love the All 22... takes me back to my HS film break-down days. I do find it ridiculous that they still do the Blimp Cam/Commentary thought.
bufrilla
AG
Soccer does not come close to College Football. Advertisers pay the freight, so the commercials you will have to live with them.
But then again, I don't waste all my time watching sporting events on TV.
jeffk
AG
Neato!
PatAg
AG
bufrilla said:

Soccer does not come close to College Football. Advertisers pay the freight, so the commercials you will have to live with them.
But then again, I don't waste all my time watching sporting events on TV.
I think you might be surprised at the results if you actually compared advertising in both sports.
jeffk
AG
He doesn't waste all his time looking up advertising statistics.
JCRiley09
AG
At some point in the next 20 years, you better believe that "AT&T" or some other sponsor is going to be printed larger than "Dallas Cowboys" on the unis at jerryworld

And games will still last 3.5 hours
Rudyjax
AG
If America would embrace sports gambling....
Pahdz
Every middling pro team would be sponsored by a gambling website like the EPL?
Rudyjax
AG
Pahdz said:

Yep.
Rudyjax
AG
Rudyjax
AG
Call me crazy.

I'm more looking forward to US v Mexico in a friendly than the Cowboys on Sunday. And I've been a Cowboys fan all my life.
deadbq03
AG
Pardon my thread derail, but all the talk of gambling ads on jerseys reminded me of a topic that frustrates me.

Schalke fans protest my team (Leipzig) due to its corporate-backed structure, but meanwhile they've run around with Gazprom on their jersey for a long time. That's akin to if the Cowboys had jerseys sponsored by Al Jazeera or Huawei.

(To be fair - nearly all Bundesliga fans protest Leipzig, but it's just really ironic with Schalke)
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
JCRiley09 said:

At some point in the next 20 years, you better believe that "AT&T" or some other sponsor is going to be printed larger than "Dallas Cowboys" on the unis at jerryworld
Frankly, I'm surprised that American sports franchises don't tap into that revenue stream. The heavy hitters in the EPL are pulling more than $50 million/year. That's enough scratch to cover Ezekiel Elliott's salary AND Jerry Jones's hooker-necessitated antibiotics.

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Pahdz said:

The Cincinnati Bengals would have SMILEBET365[insert Chinese characters here].COM plastered all over their helmets and jerseys.

OregonAggie
AG
I've been thinking about this thread all weekend long and man this was another weekend that I've enjoyed soccer much more than college football.

City losing to Norwich, Bournemouth over Everton, Liverpool still rolling, and holy **** this Arsenal v Watford tie was crazy! I don't even have a rooting interest in the Arsenal game and I was yelling at the TV like I had my mortgage riding on the game.

I love this damn sport!
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Everton supporter here so that was a tough pill to swallow but still so much more entertaining.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.