Olympic Qualifying

1,293 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by littlebitofhifi
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So we know the women are in and bring their best roster.

The men are u23 and and can bring 3 older than that players.

I've seen the roster for the qualifying and can't remember a name other than Gio Reyna.

2 teams qualify.

In the Olympics, do you think they're going for it and bringing our best U20s like Pulisic, Adams, McKennie and the other rising stars?

Or will the Zardes it and bring the same team that qualified?

And who would be the post 23 players you bring? Brooks? Bradley? Steffen?

Thoughts?
Hand Of God
AG
The USWNT still has to earn one of two qualifying spots next year.
akm91
AG
I doubt Reyna will be called up for the Olympic team, he's only 17 without any professional experience. Here's the U-23 roster from March from friendlies in Spain.

Quote:

GOALKEEPERS (2): Jonathan Klinsmann (Hertha BSC/GER; Newport Beach, Calif.), JT Marcinkowski (San Jose Earthquakes; Alamo, Calif.)

DEFENDERS (9): Julian Araujo (LA Galaxy; Lompac, Calif.), Cameron Carter-Vickers (Swansea City/WAL; Southend-on-Sea, England), Marco Farfan (Portland Timbers; Portland, Ore.), Jack Maher (Indiana; Caseyville, Ill.), Matthew Olosunde (Manchester United/ENG; Trenton, N.J.), Donovan Pines (D.C. United; Clarksville, Md.), Lucas Pos (FC Lausanne-Sport/SUI; Irvine, Calif.), Antonee Robinson (Wigan Athletic/ENG; Milton Keyes, England), Miles Robinson (Atlanta United FC; Arlington, Mass.)

MIDFIELDERS (6): Derrick Jones (Philadelphia Union; Philadelphia, Penn.), Cameron Lindley (Orlando City SC; Carmel, Ind.), Djordje Mihailovic (Chicago Fire; Lemont, Ill.), Keaton Parks (New York City FC; Plano, Texas), Eryk Williamson (Portland Timbers; Alexandria, Va.), Jackson Yueill (San Jose Earthquakes; St. Paul, Minn.)

FORWARDS (6): Jeremy Ebobisse (Portland Timbers; Bethesda, Md.), Josh Perez (LAFC; La Habra, Calif.), Emmanuel Sabbi (Hobro IK/DEN; Columbus, Ohio), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen/GER; O'Fallon, MO), Tim Weah (Celtic FC/SCO; Rosedale, N.Y.), Haji Wright (Schalke/GER; Los Angeles, Calif.)

U-23 March Friendlies
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
Rudyjax
AG
That was off memory. Must've gotten it wrong.
Rudyjax
AG
I think they can do it.
akm91
AG
I Am Mine said:

That was off memory. Must've gotten it wrong.
There are so many national youth teams that it's easy to get confused, especially when several players play up in age groups.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
AgRyan04
When is the womens CONCACAF qualifying? Have they announced sites yet?

They played in Houston (I think it was the semi-finals and finals) last Olympic cycle
littlebitofhifi
AG
AgRyan04 said:

When is the womens CONCACAF qualifying? Have they announced sites yet?

They played in Houston (I think it was the semi-finals and finals) last Olympic cycle

They haven't announced yet but it's usually ~10 days sometime between Feb-early April.
Last cycle the US hosted between Houston & Frisco so I don't expect the US to host again yet. Will likely be Mexico or a Caribbean nation (if they can get a venue sorted out).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.