A Michael Bradley Discussion

2,863 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Smokedraw01
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They went 4 wins, 2 draws during the stretch Adams wasn't playing.

3 of the wins were against Leverkusen, who finished 4th place, Moenchengladbach, who finished in 5th place, and Wolfsburg, who finished in 6th place.

They finished the stretch by drawing against #1 Bayern Munich.

I'll absolutely stick by my comment that was arguably their best stretch. It also doesn't really matter as to Tyler Adams and the national team.

Edit- didn't mean for the thumbs down.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Bradley OK - it's the three defenders - least aggressive on offense ever ! Left back with no defender

within 15-20 yards stops with ball at feet , looks around , passes to CB who does the same then passes

to the RB who does about the same ! Dullest soccer I have ever seen !
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
tysker
AG
During the lightening delay, I thought it was interesting that Bradley seemed to be talking with the officials moreso than Ream as team captain. Not sure if thats just habit or delegation of powers by Ream...
PatAg
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

Bradley OK - it's the three defenders - least aggressive on offense ever ! Left back with no defender

within 15-20 yards stops with ball at feet , looks around , passes to CB who does the same then passes

to the RB who does about the same ! Dullest soccer I have ever seen !

That has to do with the movement occuring in midfield, which we could see better if they would stop zooming in for no reason. I do think they need to switch and move the ball with more pace. It's only effective at unbalancing the opponent if done quickly
OregonAggie
AG
Late to the discussion but I'll add my $.02.

I think Bradley has looked good on the ball during this tournament and his positioning has been spot on as well. He's also been our best midfielder with long passes without a doubt. He made a helluva through ball to McKennie in the box for the almost goal against Jamaica that was pretty impressive.

His lack of speed is very noticeable but that's what happens with many aging players.

Like many here, I think he should be on the roster for 2022 but hopefully in a sub/team leader role. If he's starting in 2022 then it'll be a sign that we just didn't have a defensive mid develop enough. Or that GB is a moron. Both scenarios could come to fruition but I think Adams will step up and be our starter by then.

rfvgy12
AG
mrmill3218 said:

Bradley's biggest problem is that he isn't really a #6. When he was a #8 and didn't have to tackle and play a bunch of defense is when he was at his best. (See the 2010 WC where he had Mo Edu next to him.)

I've never understood why he starting insisting on playing as a 6, but he hasn't really been great since.

Could not respectively disagree more. He is finally in his proper position as a defensive midfielder and doing great.
jeffk
AG
MyMan.gif
Smokedraw01
Pahdz said:

mrmill3218 said:

Generally speaking, guys that are playing in Europe are better than guys that are playing in MLS. They're playing in Europe and not MLS because they're better players. I have no problem giving MLS guys credit and having them in the team if they're the best option, but if you really think Bradley is a better option than adams then you're just not watching.

The key word in this statement is "playing."

I think right now we have too many guys just "in" Europe we want immediately move to the front of the line because of that. Granted this discussion is about Adams and he is playing, but the necessary evil of going on loan to play in leagues basically on MLS level for some of these other guys is frustrating at times.
I agree and will add that we're just excited about the "young" label. We failed to qualify a few years back but that doesn't mean that anybody on that team is *****
DuncanField91
AG
ttt

Pahdz
Terrible tonight
Smokedraw01
Pahdz said:

Terrible tonight

He was awful tonight. Same for McKennie.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.