***** Official USMNT v Curacao Gold Cup Quarter-final Match Thread *****

7,652 Views | 183 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by oragator
carl spacklers hat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So by those numbers, 11 play at a higher level than MLS. Not counting USL, Cyprus, Saudi league and semi-pro ball in Curacao.

***Dutch semi-pro is probably stronger than some MLS squads...
TXAggie2011
AG
carl spacklers hat said:

So by those numbers, 11 play at a higher level than MLS. Not counting USL, Cyprus, Saudi league and semi-pro ball in Curacao.

Yeah, OK.

I'm sure its for their strong love of God and Country that Dutch folks choose to play for free rather than get paid.
akm91
AG
carl spacklers hat said:

I call bs on that. Besides Ajax and PSV, I'm not sure the rest of Eresdivisie is that much better than MLS.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
gig them
AG
carl spacklers hat said:

This is the most ridiculous statement I've seen on this board in quite some time
PatAg
AG
carl spacklers hat said:

This is probably the dumbest opinion I've seen on this site.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, the Dutch league is pretty top-heavy. MLS would probably fall in line with their league minus the top two or three clubs. Their YD system is more advanced than ours however - for one they've been at it a lot longer than we have and two, scouting players there is about a million times easier due to population and geography. We may get there eventually, but we have a tough road ahead.
carl spacklers hat
Y'all can take the hook out now. LOL

PatAg
AG
jeffk said:

Yeah, the Dutch league is pretty top-heavy. MLS would probably fall in line with their league minus the top two or three clubs. Their YD system is more advanced than ours however - for one they've been at it a lot longer than we have and two, scouting players there is about a million times easier due to population and geography. We may get there eventually, but we have a tough road ahead.

If I had to pick one league to get our top youth into, it would be the Dutch.
Mathguy64
AG
Tonight should be hilarious. Mexico v Haiti got the same referee we had against Panama. Mr Palms Down, Calm Down who called 30 fouls with 1 card for dissent. I predict he won't fare well if he tries that method again tonight.
oragator
Just hoping for OT tonight.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.