LSU Soccer Coach Search

2,453 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Hand Of God
isitjustme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LSU needs a soccer coach. Scott Woodward just left here for LSU. Any chance he goes after Phil and/or Lori Stephenson for their first head coaching gigs or does he go with an established head coach? The LSU job's been open a long time but obviously couldn't be filled until the new AD came on board there, and now he has.
Aggie1205
AG
Are they looking for a HC job? I'm sure they have had plenty of offers over the years.
isitjustme
AG
IDK. I was just wondering b/c Woodward is familiar with Phil and Lori and their abilities.
aTmAg
AG
ADs are fired and hired over football and football alone. I would imagine that soccer is way down his list of priorities.
redd38
AG
Phil would have already gone somewhere if he was going somewhere.
Diego
AG
agrab86 said:

LSU needs a soccer coach. Scott Woodward just left here for LSU. Any chance he goes after Phil and/or Lori Stephenson for their first head coaching gigs or does he go with an established head coach? The LSU job's been open a long time but obviously couldn't be filled until the new AD came on board there, and now he has.
The Aggie Soccer camps make a lot of money. Going to LSU to serve as head soccer coach would be a step up in title only, as it would be an enormous pay cut.
jeffk
AG
Woodward has bigger fish to fry with a hoops coach named in an FBI investigation and a football team that consistently underperforms.
BQ_90
AG
jeffk said:

Woodward has bigger fish to fry with a hoops coach named in an FBI investigation and a football team that consistently underperforms.
That's fixed, they amended his contract, wade got some cash, LSU can fire him without penalty if he's found to violated ncaa rules
jeffk
AG
That's an improvement, but I don't think that the program is "fixed."
isitjustme
AG
jeffk said:

He might have "bigger fish to fry," but he still has to hire a soccer coach, and why not a good one who he's familiar with? I really have no idea if either or both of the Stephensons are looking, I even doubt that they are. But most high level coaches want to lead a program at some point and G isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
jeffk
AG
Okay. I don't see it happening though.
isitjustme
AG
Very curious update: Debbie Hensley, who spent 12 years on LSU's staff from 2005-2016, has been appointed as the interim head coach for the LSU soccer team, the LSU Department of Athletics announced on Monday afternoon.

You'd think after 2+ months, an SEC team on the rise which just won the SEC tourney would be able to do more than name a former assistant/associate coach as interim. Seems like it won't be one of our Stephensons, so I'm happy about that. Also seems like something might be amiss in tigerland.
alamoaggie 64
Thank you for referring to Aggie Soccer on the Texas A&M Soccer board. This is a rarity.
Hand Of God
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.