ICC this summer

2,143 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by wangus12
gambochaman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
just bought presale tickets for Bayern Munich - Real Madrid at NRG in Houston

any of you guys plan on attending?
Mike Elko
AG
Edit: Scratch that. Enjoy the match, fellas.
Truvada_for_prep
you needed to pre-buy for that?
Mustang1
AG
Want to share the presale code?
DuncanField91
AG
It's iccvip.
gambochaman
AG
yes sorry, iccvip

got slammed at work as soon as i posted the thread
AGC
AG
gambochaman said:

just bought presale tickets for Bayern Munich - Real Madrid at NRG in Houston

any of you guys plan on attending?

I hadn't paid attention. I might try to make that happen.
randy828
AG
Will they be bringing their second stringers or just third string teams?
AGC
AG
randy828 said:

I imagine some top talent will be there. Both teams are talking major overhauls in the offseason (hundreds of millions of euros) and would be well served to give them time to gel. Plus it's not a WC year and neither is in the CL final.
jeffdjohnson
randy828 said:

I saw Barcelona v Roma last year and Barcelona brought almost nobody. It was still pretty entertaining but considering the price I wouldn't go again.
Mustang1
AG
Last year was a World Cup summer though.
TXAggie2011
AG
When I saw Barca v. Club America a few years ago in a non-World Cup summer, they played a decent squad. David Villa, Busquets, Victor Valdes, and a few of the other names.

But honestly, without Messi, it was always going to feel like a roster letdown no matter who else they brought over.

Still enjoyed it and some of their youngsters were a lot of fun to watch. Its been fun to see who has turned into something and who hasn't.
byfLuger41
AG
Newborns ruin ICC.
2017 World Series Champions - Houston Astros
deadbq03
AG
That's kinda what I thought. The prices for these events seem way out of line when you consider they're meaningless friendlies with little/no stars.

I'll blow my dumb soccer money for either the 2026 WC and/or a trip to see my favorite club team play a real game in Europe... but not stuff like this.

To each their own though. I'm becoming a miser the older I get. Hope some of y'all have fun.
gambochaman
AG
i mean....it was $80 for the ticket with fees...I do agree that some of the tickets closer to the field are outrageous, but I figured its a good chance to see two world class teams, in my home town...

wangus12
AG
Yeah rule of thumb is to not go to the summer friendlies in years where there are major tournaments because the international players will not travel.
Truvada_for_prep
gambochaman said:

i mean....it was $80 for the ticket with fees...I do agree that some of the tickets closer to the field are outrageous, but I figured its a good chance to see two world class teams, in my home town...

You didnt' have to pre buy the tickets will be cheaper closer to the event. Man vs Man city wasn't even close to selling out.
gambochaman
AG
that game was a helluva lot of fun

both teams brought full squads and the stars played the entire first half...hazard looking like he'll do some damage for madrid
gambochaman
AG
also kind of cool seeing all time legend Zidane roaming the sidelines
wangus12
AG
This is why I'm willing to go to these matches.

Quote:

The coolest thing to happen yesterday happened after the match. They had all the players that didn't play in the match as well as the subs that came on in the 2nd half(Ozil, Laca, Auba, Kolasinac, Willock, Mustafi etc) start to do the typical post-game cool down as the stadium emptied. They were doing the rondo game that's always in the videos. About 150 fans stayed to watch when all the coaches came out and held a full 75 minute practice. Really cool to see almost all the 1st team out there practicing from the 1st row. Some of the stuff out there was dang near telepathic.

After they finished up, Nacho, Mhki and Nelson came over and took photos and signed stuff. I talked to Reiss for a split second and he said he fully expects to play here this season. No more loan moves
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.