*****Official USMNT vs. Chile Match Thread*****

3,132 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PatAg
OregonAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One guy that's fun to watch is Vidal. I don't watch a lot of La Liga and haven't seen him play a lot. Dude is awesome.
OregonAggie
AG
I've seen enough of Roldan. Dude keeps giving the ball away.
Mathguy64
AG
The Jamaican is missing fouls everywhere. On both teams.
Mathguy64
AG
One thing we have done well is counter. Haven't finished well but the counter has been there.
Furlock Bones
AG
I was encouraged after last game. This game however Shows once again how far off we are.
Mathguy64
AG
That's the second face grab a Chilean has made when nothing really happened.
wangus12
AG
Furlock Bones said:

I was encouraged after last game. This game however Shows once again how far off we are.
I mean its been its had momentum shifts all night.
Furlock Bones
AG
wangus12 said:

Furlock Bones said:

I mean its been its had momentum shifts all night.

The amount of giveaways and sheer panic by a majority of players on the field is the problem tonight.
OregonAggie
AG
Furlock Bones said:

I'm encouraged by watching this. Chile isn't a **** team and this game is competitive. Our backline is playing poorly but the other levels are playing fine.
wangus12
AG
Ecuador parked the bus and didn't attempt to play at all. At least Chile is playing the game. And like someone said earlier, Pulisic and Arriola should have had us 3-1 up. We've definitely had our chances.
Mathguy64
AG
Neither GK has played well. That was almost a giveaway goal.
wangus12
AG
Still a lot of work to do. Altidore is still our best striker until Sargent or Weah can prove otherwise
Pahdz
two whipping boys for us fans (Zardes and Bradley) had great games.

Arriola is quietly making himself a mainstay

For a dude who has been know for cinder block like feet, Zardes had some really nice touches
akm91
AG
Furlock Bones said:

It wasn't too bad considering who we were missing out there

Missing
* Steffen
* Brooks
* Adams
* McKennie
* Altidore

Pulisic only played 30 or so minutes.
Possibly Long but he's never played against strong competition
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
OregonAggie
AG
Pahdz said:

For a dude who has been know for cinder block like feet, Zardes had some really nice touches

If that Zardes shows up like this every game, which is a possibility due to his familiarity to the system and Berhalter, I'm 100% open to him playing more.

Arriola looked good on the ball and worked back in defense. Bradley did play a great game and ran his ass off. Pulisic looked great until he was pulled off as well.

I'm excited about the future for this team and I looking forward to the Gold Cup this summer. It'll be great to see our full strength team playing in this system.
Mathguy64
AG
Tinkering with marginal guys is what should have happened last year. The problem is US Soccer wasted last year not getting a coach in place. Its past time to mess around. Gonzalez and Miazga should not have been not there last night. The CB pairing needs to be established and those guys need to be playing every minute they can together. The same is true for whoever will be the #6. Be it Trapp or Bradley. That trio needs to be getting every possible minute together.
who?mikejones
AG
Pahdz said:

I didn't get to watch but that's great to hear. I'm one of Bradley's biggest critics but if he can find something close to what he had before the brazil world cup we'd be sitting great.
oh no
AG
I was there last night. Really disappointed that Orlando sold out a 18k venue for US v Ecuador last week and San Diego sold out a 60k venue for Mex v Chile last week... yet HOUSTON can't sell 22k. A chance to watch the USMNT in a close venue like BBVA is awesome and we can't even pack it. No way NRG gets a WC game.

On the game: Arturo Vidal is fun to watch. Very impressive technical player and smart decision maker. We don't have anyone like that.

Why was Ream playing Left back as opposed to being a left footed center back where Omar was playing? We've got issues to work out on the back line. Need to find a better option at LB and CB still and get the right CBs out there.

Also, why weren't Sargent and Weah and some of these guys in this camp?
OregonAggie
AG
Sargent and Weah are slated to play with the U23s instead.
randy828
AG
Quote:

No way NRG gets a WC game.
You are comparing a weekday friendly game to what we would have for a WC game?

2003 US v mexico game. 69,582.
2010 MLS all star game against Manchester United - 70,728

If you have marquee games, the attendance in Houston is not a problem. (I was actually at both of those games)

oh no
AG
how about a hypothetical group stage match between Senegal and Ukraine?
Juan Solo
AG
People travel for the world cup, so if its not Houstonians in those seats it'll be a lot of foreigners that based themselves in Houston during that time.
oh no
AG
i know.. just joking around. i'm still highly disappointed that we couldn't get 22k houstonians into BBVA to see the national team.

I'm not a fan of soccer games at NRG, but I will 100% buy tickets for the ICC game at NRG this summer - Bayern Munich v Real Madrid.
PatAg
AG
I think the us soccer federation greatly mismanages the gameday experience, specifically pricing,selling, and advertising tickets.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.