2019 Champions League Round of 16

5,407 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jeffk
ThunderCougarFalconBird
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone watching? First day of leg 2 is happening right now.
wangus12
AG
And Real Madrid is on cruise control to getting knocked out by Ajax. The de Jong guy looks good. Imagine if he played for Madrid's biggest rival
OregonAggie
AG
I'm really not surprised by this. Ajax looked great in the group stage and absolutely took it to Bayern Munich. They won't stay together because all Dutch clubs are sellers but they're going to be a tough out in this tournament. It wouldn't surprise me if they made a run like Liverpool did last year.
tremble
AG
Tio Floren getting ready to buy this Ajax team.
wangus12
AG
Right when Madrid pull one back, Ajax score almost immediately. Absolutely hammering them
gambochaman
AG
Madrid has not been playing well lately but this is astonishing
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Looks like Spurs will summarily dispatch with the BvB. Still shocking to see the three-time winner get de-pantsed at home by Ajax.
AGC
AG
Age and coaching changes catching up.

Kroos is slow and has been for a while. Was hoping we'd upgrade over the summer in addition to offloading Bale. Marcelo has been exposed defensively and we can't cover so we're playing a kid at left back. Ramos is still the leader and solid in position but too slow.

Lopetegui made some dumb moves, relying heavily on bale and Asensio (who have no creativity) and sending Vinicius to the b team. Bringing in Solari caused issues with Isco.

And they've given up the last few games (casemiro has been quite lazy). We'll coast into the offseason in full dumpster fire mode.

Not to take away from Ajax, some of those goals were top notch, unstoppable shots. They played well on the counter.
OregonAggie
AG
That damn free kick was amazing. Ajax 4-1.

Losing like this is going to have major repercussions in the transfer market. No way they go quietly into the night so I'm expecting that they'll overpay for who they want next summer.
wangus12
AG
Go get Poch who said Spuds are years from a title.
AGC
AG
OregonAggie said:

That damn free kick was amazing. Ajax 4-1.

Losing like this is going to have major repercussions in the transfer market. No way they go quietly into the night so I'm expecting that they'll overpay for who they want next summer.

If it's not one Spanish team it's another I guess.
OregonAggie
AG
wangus12 said:

Go get Poch who said Spuds are years from a title.

I think that should be the next move. I thought him resigning last year was a sign that they were going to be major players in the market and they didn't buy anyone. That's after he said they needed to commit financially.

He has to go if RM calls.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Today:

Porto hosts Roma: Roma leads 2-1 on aggregate

PSG hosts Manchester United: PSG leads 2-0 on aggregate
Juan Solo
AG
Au revoir Man U
gambochaman
AG
one more goal sends manchester thru
Mustang1
AG
WOW
Thunder18
AG
Juan Solo said:

Au revoir Man U

AGC
AG
All that money and can't buy calls. Come to VARdrid Mbappe!!
gambochaman
AG
some freaking epic matches this week

that was awesome
wangus12
AG
That was the most United win ever. Have all the injuries and then be gifted two goals by a typically sound defensive team and a VAR handball at the death.

gambochaman
AG
More drama in the WGAS game of the day
That was excellent too
Mike Elko
AG
I don't think I've ever seen a more undeserving team advance than Man U. Dominated in both games, with three nonsense goals yesterday, yet moving on. Here's to hoping they draw Barca next to crash back down to earth.
Truvada_for_prep
AustinAg2012 said:

I don't think I've ever seen a more undeserving team advance than Man U. Dominated in both games, with three nonsense goals yesterday, yet moving on. Here's to hoping they draw Barca next to crash back down to earth.

Funny you don't give them any credit winnnig with their b squad? You think psg played well ? They completely played like **** yesterday they definitely didn't deserve to go through yesterday.
Thunder18
AG
Yep, being the first team EVER to overturn a 2-0 1st leg home deficit despite being down 10 senior starters/regulars was totally not worthy of advancing. We've lost 1 game in the last 17, nobody wants that smoke right now even with a depleted squad
Mike Elko
AG
Louis botha said:

AustinAg2012 said:

Funny you don't give them any credit winnnig with their b squad? You think psg played well ? They completely played like **** yesterday they definitely didn't deserve to go through yesterday.
Uh, PSG was missing two of their top three players and didn't start their top GK. If you think the two blunder goals and a PK are worthy of advancing, more power to ya. I never said PSG played well yesterday, but they dominated MU both legs... Look at the stats and chances. Sure, they choked 'cause that's what PSG does in UCL, but that doesn't mean MU played worth a crap either.
carl spacklers hat
PSG has a history of blowing their first leg advantage. See 2017 PSG vs Barca, with PSG holding that 4-0 advantage after the home win. 1-6 second leg to get bounced out 6-5 on aggregate. That was just as glorious as yesterday's tilt.
Mike Elko
AG
Cool, man.
Truvada_for_prep
AustinAg2012 said:

Louis botha said:

AustinAg2012 said:

Uh, PSG was missing two of their top three players and didn't start their top GK. If you think the two blunder goals and a PK are worthy of advancing, more power to ya. I never said PSG played well yesterday, but they dominated MU both legs... Look at the stats and chances. Sure, they choked 'cause that's what PSG does in UCL, but that doesn't mean MU played worth a crap either.

PSG did not deserve to go through period and lol at starting Buffon over Aerilloa should not be surprised at how he played .
OregonAggie
AG
PSG is a fraud and always has been. If I were a star player that wanted to have a chance at champions league, I'd never sign with them. They obviously pay well and it's a high profile squad but they just can't compete in CL.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Serious question re Man U -- when does Solskjaer get the job officially instead of as a caretaker? I think it would be a blunder on their part to pass on a guy that has them playing more like a Ferguson squad than the past several jabronis that they've hired.

Edit: TexAgs apparently doesn't recognize the mashed ae character and just ignores it. Come on, staff/mods.
Thunder18
AG
There are a lot of indications that he will be named as the full-time coach within the next month or so...at least according to ESPN. The players have all come out very strongly in support of Ole getting the job
OregonAggie
AG
They have to give him the job. Look at the run they've been on and moving to the quarters of CL!

Looking at his style, charisma, results on the field, and also reading articles about how he's ingrained himself so quickly with the whole organization, how do you not hire him! Another thing that I think is very important is the fact that he loves Man U and is a link back to their glory years.

They're complete morons if they don't give him the job.
byfLuger41
AG
What's a Champions League?
2017 World Series Champions - Houston Astros
TheMasterplan
I learned what a bottler is because of this PSG now.
TheMasterplan
AustinAg2012 said:

Cool, man.
Man Utd stuck to the game plan buddy and they won. They trusted the coach and he knew he'd have to have the team play this way to be able to win.

If it's to plan, it's absolutely deserved.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.