Random Chats with Mewis, Dunn, Rapinoe in Philly

607 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Giggem
Giggem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just sharing because I suspect there are some on this forum who will find this moderately interesting. I had the great luck to be staying at LeMeridien hotel in Philly yesterday. Late last night, as we were finishing dinner, the USWNT arrived. Today, I had a chance to chat briefly with Samantha Mewis, Crystal Dunn, and Megan Rapinoe. I was really struck by how genuinely appreciative of a little fan attention Mewis and Dunn were. They were terrifically nice and open to chatting. Mewis, especially, seemed kind of stunned that I walked up and knew her by name, despite the fact she was not wearing any USA gear or anything that would identify her as a USWNT player. I thought that was very cool--to see such humility from two players who are among the world's best.

It was also interesting that Rapinoe is such a slight, tiny person. She certainly brings a lot of toughness, nonetheless.

I was also pretty surprised to see that Alex Morgan was conducting a press interview in the lobby without anyone other than me even noticing who she was. There was no security present, and no one bothering her (not even me, which took some resolve!). That seemed pretty amazing to me, for a player as recognizable and popular as she is.

I hope they play well tomorrow.
CDub06
AG
That's Very Cool!

You've got some luck staying where NTs just happen to stay.
jeffk
AG
stocker
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
akm91
AG
jeffk said:

stocker
Clean up in aisle 9?
akm91
AG
I actually bumped into Josh Sargent at the Orlando airport a a couple of years ago when he and the team was heading to India with the U-19(?) team for the WC. Really nice and polite young man.
Giggem
AG
It's true, CDub, I do. You should travel with me more often.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.