Catching a soccer game in Barcelona

2,752 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by snowdog90
09Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My gf and I are going to be in Barcelona for a few days, and I've always wanted to go to see a game in Europe. I have very little knowledge of European soccer, however. We'll get there on 4/14, so it looks like Barcelona is playing away from home. However, I noticed the team RCD Espanyol is playing Deportivo Alves in Barcelona on that day. Would this be a good game to see? Any tips about the stadium or where to get tickets? Good location to sit in the stadium? Obviously I don't know what I'm doing, so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
MB19
AG
Go, try to get tickets. Just walk up and take your chances.
TXAggie2011
AG
Looks to me like you might be able to buy tickets on Espanyol's website. Just do that.

Espanyol has a very nice stadium known to have a terrific atmosphere, and that will be top flight European soccer. Do it!
09Ag
AG
Ok thanks! I had been checking their website, but it looks like they don't release game time and tickets until about 2 weeks prior to the match.
MB19
AG
Good luck to you. If successful, we expect a post game report.
09Ag
AG
Will do. Should be a unique experience if it pans out.
spence10
AG
I've been to 4 Barca soccer games - for 3 of them I bought tickets off Viagogo.

Definitely tour the museum and hit up the shop. Might want to go earlier in the day or a different day altogether to avoid the massive crowd.
09Ag
AG
You are referring to Barca and not Espanyol, correct? Barca is not playing at home while we are there, just Espanyol.
spence10
AG
09Ag said:

You are referring to Barca and not Espanyol, correct? Barca is not playing at home while we are there, just Espanyol.

My mistake - yes I'm referring to Barca.
09Ag
AG
Well we got in to Barcelona a little late and missed the Espanyol game. But we found out that Barcelona is playing Manchester United on Tuesday so we are going to go to that game!
carl spacklers hat
Um, that's kind of an important match...have you secured tickets already?!?
jeffk
09Ag
AG
We just bought them. Sec 128. Should be interesting!
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
That is super duper awesome. Champions League quarterfinal second leg at Camp Nou against Manchester United.

There is likely a not-insignificant number of people that traveled across an ocean for the specific purpose of being at that match.

Do us all a favor and enjoy the hell out of it in the moment. Also, take photos and come back and do a write-up of the experience. Every poster on this board is jealous of you and wants to live vicariously through you.
Gordo14
I'm definitely going to make the effort to go to a Barca game in the Champions League next year. Was going to go this year, but my friend couldn't go. Im very jealous. Have fun
AGC
AG
Some of us will only be jealous if the cules finish this Champions like they did last year's. I may even shed a tear.
jeffk
snowdog90
Holy crap. I remember you starting this thread thinking you'll be lucky if Barca has a home game while you're there. Now you're going to one of the most significant matches so far this year. Congrats, man. I would love to be going, please take a journal, get there early, post everything you see.

Have fun and go Barca.
09Ag
AG
So, Barcelona is up one goal from the first leg...what happens if Manchester wins by 1 goal? Will there be extra time for tonight's game?
jeffk
AG
Yeah, extra time then pks.
NE PA Ag
jeffk said:

Yeah, extra time then pks.
Only if they are tied on away goals. Barca won the first match 1-0 at Old Trafford, so if Man U. is ahead 1-0 at the end of regulation today, then they will go to extra time and PKs (if needed). If Man U. leads 2-1 at the end of regulation, they advance since they would lead 2-1 on away goals.
deadbq03
AG
How much extra time will they have if a large asteroid slams into the opposite side of the planet at the end of regulation?
jeffk
AG
Yeah, good point.
deadbq03
AG
Well, looks like no asteroid today.

That place is rocking. Hope you're enjoying it.
snowdog90
You lucky dog. You're gonna see a Messi hat trick.

And very possibly a Pogba red card.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.