Aggie Soccer 2019 Spring schedule

9,596 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by redd38
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fri, Feb 15 - Lamar
Fri, Mar 01 - @ TCU
Sat, Mar 23 - Houston Dash
Sun, Mar 31 - SFA and A&M Corpus Christi
Wed, Apr 03 - Baylor
'03ag
What is the spring schedule exactly? Just a bunch of friendlies? Are we seriously playing a WMLS team?
redd38
AG
Yes, just a bunch of exhibition games. Sometimes with some rule changes (like three 30 minute periods, or a shootout at the end regardless of the score). We've played Dash several times over the last few years (every year maybe?), they don't play their top players. It's more like a tryout for a bunch of girls trying to make the Dash team.
02skiag
AG
The last 2 times they played Dash they were fun games to watch and the Aggies put up a hell of a fight.
mullokmotx
AG
Surprised we are playing Baylor after the game back in 2012 I think it was. I would like to see Ally and Addie to not play very much just to minimize the probability of injury. I will be especially interested to see Ali Russell play and also to see if Kendall Bates is healthy enough to play. And then we will be trying out three goalkeepers. At the banquet last Saturday I did not notice any of the players on crutches or wearing a knee brace which is unusual.
Expert Analysis
AG
added to calendar. Thanks
Expert Analysis
AG
Also add:

Sat, Feb 16 - Lamar
redd38
AG
Added Lamar, interesting that the location for that one is still TBD. I assume that means not here though.
Giggem
AG
mullokmotx said:

Surprised we are playing Baylor after the game back in 2012 I think it was. I would like to see Ally and Addie to not play very much just to minimize the probability of injury. I will be especially interested to see Ali Russell play and also to see if Kendall Bates is healthy enough to play. And then we will be trying out three goalkeepers. At the banquet last Saturday I did not notice any of the players on crutches or wearing a knee brace which is unusual.

Stunningly surprising. What a terrible decision to subject our players to the Baylor tactic of continual hard fouling, especially from behind. I absolutely hate this decision.
CDub06
AG
redd38 said:

Added Lamar, interesting that the location for that one is still TBD. I assume that means not here though.
blake2003ag is probably busy campaigning to play @ Lamar
CDub06
AG
Add me to those that hate the idea of playing Baylor. I thought they were on a permanent boycott list based on their previous antics.

I would go out of my way not to play them - and forget scheduling them voluntarily for a scrimmage.
rpr52121
AG
While we all hate the Baylor tactics, similar style of play was used by a few SEC teams in 2018 and gave the team trouble, particularly on the road. Sure you don't want anyone getting injured, but more experience against that style will only help the team in 2019.
redd38
AG
There's a difference between playing physical and intentionally taking out a girl's ankle 6 seconds into a game away from the ball.
CDub06
AG
There's also a difference between being a passionate fan and hurling homophobic slurs at Aggie fans.
redd38
AG
Lamar game location has been set now, it's a home game.
redd38
AG
Reminder that the first game of the (Spring) season is this Friday at 7pm.
CDub06
AG
Then why does the OP say Saturday?
redd38
AG
CDub06 said:

Then why does the OP say Saturday?

I don't know what you're talking about
gonzox
AG
Do these games cost anything?
redd38
AG
gonzox said:

Do these games cost anything?

Nope.
BQ_90
AG
redd38
AG
There's apparently a baseball game today, so parking won't be free. But admission to the soccer game is free.
gonzox
AG
Thanks for the info. Want to take my girls to see an Aggie soccer game before the go to to the Aggie soccer camp in the summer so this works out great!
redd38
AG
Looks like we have 15 active field players available today. No Watt, Alston, Smith, Bates. Maybe no Asdis? I don't see her.
redd38
AG
Looks like Ausmus will start in goal
redd38
AG
Other starters are: Piper, Ziemer, Russell, Lopez, Kolb, Arrieta, McCain, Sample, Hill, Cooper
redd38
AG
I think we're playing 4 back but with Lopez and Kolb on the edges playing way up (sometimes Kolb is furthest player forward)
MAJ
AG
What happened with Taylor Ziemer? Doesn't seem like she is on the roster.
redd38
AG
Lamar scores first
redd38
AG
JungAg said:

What happened with Taylor Ziemer? Doesn't seem like she is on the roster.

Apparently she's playing internationally
redd38
AG
Lopez evens the game with a PK
redd38
AG
And Cooper puts in a goal to go up 2-1, assist by Lopez
redd38
AG
McCain puts one in to go up 3-1, although announcer said Ziemer so maybe it was her
redd38
AG
End of the first half. Lots of good offensive looks. Defense pretty shaky though.
redd38
AG
Looks like Burbank will be in goal for the second half
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.