*** MLS 2019 ***

9,905 Views | 141 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jeffk
heddleston
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Superdraft is today! Thankfully, the league has advanced enough for this to be more of an afterthought (this may even be the last combine/draft, at least in this format). That said, there's almost always a guy or three who will get drafted today and end up having a great career.

In Free Agency:

- Benny Feilhaber signed a 1yr deal with the Rapids
- Ozzie Alonso, the last original MLS Sounder, signed with Minnesota. I'll miss you, Honey Badger.
Pahdz
Nice pick up for my Loons
heddleston
AG
Yall treat him nice. Do MLS roster rules/salary cap allow for the old fashioned sign a dude for a single day $1 contract so a dude can retire for his favorite team deal? If so I hope we can see him in rave green one more time.
Pahdz
Our midfield was so bad defensively he will be greatly appreciated if he stays healthy
stillmerk
AG
TFC just got crushed 4-0 in 1st leg of CCL by Independiente in Panama. No Atomic Ant to save them this year.
heddleston
AG
Dynamo, RBNY, ATL, and SKC (up 4-0 agg in the 2nd half right now) advance to the quarters in the CONCACAF Champions League
heddleston
AG
Season starts soon! Predictions?

Shield: RBNY
MLS Cup: SKC
US Open Cup: ATL
MVP: Lodeiro, SEA
Golden Boot: Josef Martinez, ATL
wangus12
AG
Won't be shocked if Martinez sees a decent drop in goals after losing Almiron.
stillmerk
AG
It was against Herediano, but Shea looked like FCD Brek Shea last night. This quarterfinal against Monterrey should be GOOD!
MB19
AG
Regular season has kicked off with Toronto at Philadelphia

And the first use of VAR is in play...penalty awarded to Toronto and it's saved.

Michael Bradley is unmarked from 8 yards out and scores the first goal of the season in fir half stoppage time.

Toronto wins 3-1.

In other games the Timbers & Rapids are playing in a snow storm. Shades of the WCQ vs Costa Rica a while back.
texagbeliever
Watching Atlanta vs DC. MLS has come a long way just the style of play these 2 teams play.
stillmerk
AG
Wish Atlanta would have saved some players (Pity and Gressel) for Wednesday in Monterrey.
wangus12
AG
Well **** me. Zlatan didn't travel today to play FC Dallas and he was the only reason I bought a ticket for the match today
MB19
AG
wangus12 said:

Well **** me. Zlatan didn't travel today to play FC Dallas and he was the only reason I bought a ticket for the match today
Look at this way, FC Dallas appreciates your purchase.
texagbeliever
Thought i'd post this here as well. Zealem (Arsenal player) 22yrs old is now a Sporting KC player. Hopefully this can restart his career (he is american).
texagbeliever
Atmosphere for LAFC is ridiculous. It is beneficial to have nice weather year round but man that is crazy.
stillmerk
AG
SKC advances past Independiente to the CCL semis. Got Monterrey, away then home in April.
Out in Left Field
AG
DC and the Rooneys doing work on Salt Lake. Guy got a red card for a high kick to the face.
heddleston
AG
Their schedule has been extremely favorable, but Seattle is 3-0-0 with 10 goals scored. If they can stay healthy (and thats a big if) they're gonna be a buzzsaw.
Tobias Funke
AG
My FC Cincinnati club picks up a 3-0 win over Portland in their first MLS home match
heddleston
AG

same dude took a Panenka penalty earlier in the game.
deadbq03
AG
Moving my comment to the right thread. My apologies.
deadbq03
AG
Pardon my mess.
jakal0722
Columbus beat Atlanta today in one of the worst conditions I've ever seen a game.

heddleston
AG
stillmerk
AG
Wow! I love how much effort Rooney is giving. I'm still afraid all the big names will half ass it as a retirement league.
aggiesoccer#1fan
AG
The Sounders flew to Denver for their midweek match with the Rapids only to have it cancelled because of a blizzard. Seattle have a home match on Saturday but are still stuck in Colorado.

https://www.sounderatheart.com/2019/4/10/18304646/seattle-sounders-colorado-rapids-postponed-blizzard

Pahdz
Anyone else see the end of NYRB and SKC? That dude from NYRB gonna be suspended for a while
jeffk
AG
That dude was Kaku. And he should be gone for a long while.

Out in Left Field
AG
Seems like a good lawsuit coming.
PatAg
AG
Obviously he is intending to kick it into the sign board, which is still a dumb thing to do.
Pahdz
Here is the post match scene with NYRB players checking on the guy

texagbeliever
Sean Johnson breathed a sigh of relief with Auba scoring from a tackle on Ben Foster.
Pahdz
I missed that one.

Sean Johnson's gaffe happened right in front of me, I was ten rows behind the goal. Immediately thought of Robert Green. Obviously the setting not the same but a worse howler for sure.
heddleston
AG
Does that mean you were right in front of Ozzie's banger too?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.