Houston Dynamo 2019 Season Thread

18,587 Views | 269 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Dre_00
Bryan98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ugh.
Dre_00
I saw the score and was bummed and confused. Then I saw the lineup and it made a lot more sense.
oh no
AG
Unfortunate penalty and an offsides goal allowed made the score a lot worse. No Elis, Quioto, lundquist, Figueroa for Houston- not sure how many 1st choice players were missing for Portland. Dynamo attack was severely lacking. Hairston had one good chance and that's about it.
AG@RICE
AG
Honduras lost and is eliminated, bad for Honduras, nice for the Dynamo.
MarylandAG
This team is hot garbage without Elis, Manotas and Quioto Pretty safe bet that Elis and Manotas are gone sooner rather than later, probably an even safer bet that ownership won't invest in talent. It's like they value the title of cheapest payroll in all of MLS.

Some of the most pathetic soccer I've seen played against Portland and tonight against San Jose, absolutely atrocious!
oh no
AG
They are so bad on the road and so bad without Elis and Quioto.
Out in Left Field
AG
My bad...I just turned it on in the 90th and said to myself, "Ooo just enough time for them to blow it"...
Bryan98
AG
Out in Left Field said:

My bad...I just turned it on in the 90th and said to myself, "Ooo just enough time for them to blow it"...

A sadly predictable result.
AG@RICE
AG
After the 70th minute they started to play like they were a man down. No control, just clearance after clearance.

Hairston was absolutely terrible, so they kind of were playing with 10...
Dre_00
What the living hell was that starting lineup? Is there a good reason for Manotas not starting other than he's in the middle of negotiating a transfer and doesn't want to risk injury?
Truvada_for_prep
Wilmer is a bad coach
Texaggie7nine
What in the Sam hell is going on. I didnt even know Cinci had a team and now the worst team is up 3-0??
7nine
Bryan98
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

What in the Sam hell is going on. I didnt even know Cinci had a team and now the worst team is up 3-0??

They're bad but they're annihilating us.
Dre_00
Let's see. Good at home. **** on the road. Hanging on to the last playoff spot. Stop me if you've heard this before.

You know for a league that generally sees a lot of variation from year to year in which teams are good and which teams are bad, the Dynamo are remarkably good at being "meh" every year. We're the plain oatmeal of MLS.
Bockaneer
AG
in true Houston fashion we are the working class team - we really ought to outwardly embrace it and bring back the space city blue for our jersey collars
Bryan98
AG
Bockaneer said:

in true Houston fashion we are the working class team - we really ought to outwardly embrace it and bring back the space city blue for our jersey collars
I want us to do a third kit, or even an away kit, where we take our current away kit (black with tequila sunrise) and change the orange shades to blue, including Space City Blue. I think that would sell like hotcakes.
gig them
AG
Bryan98 said:

Bockaneer said:

I want us to do a third kit, or even an away kit, where we take our current away kit (black with tequila sunrise) and change the orange shades to blue, including Space City Blue. I think that would sell like hotcakes.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess... but I think the black/orange is the best thing we've put out since our white with sky blue trim from the Holden days. I choose to believe there's a world where we have three competent uniforms at the same time.
Bryan98
AG
The current away kit IS our best kit of all time. I'm just saying, I'd like to see this other idea. They're gonna rotate this away kit after this season anyway.
adavurt
When does Deric get back between the sticks.
MarylandAG
I'm more worried about where the offense is going to come from when Manotas heads south and Elis heads to Europe than what kit they wear.
Bryan98
AG
MarylandAG said:

I'm more worried about where the offense is going to come from when Manotas heads south and Elis heads to Europe than what kit they wear.

We don't know who our cheapo owners are going to hire to play for us in the future, but they may as well look good doing it!
MarylandAG
They signed Jose Bizama, I'm guessing to take some of AJ De La Garza's min? They have at least made an effort on that side of the ball with the acquisitions of Struna, Figueroa, Vera and now Bizama. Hoping the team decides to show up tonight against LAFC. I'll be there.
MarylandAG
Ugh! We should be up 3-0 instead tied! We had a couple gift wrapped goals and couldn't seal the deal! Torture watching this team sometimes!!!
Out in Left Field
AG
Lol
AG@RICE
AG
I feel like Ellis and Manotas already left...
AgRyan04
Wow.

That Hairston miss has got to make a not top 10....completely misses a beautiful cross and then accidentally blocks the own goal.

Elis red card was weak for me....the official moved into him as much as he moved towards the official.
fig96
AG
Yeah, you can't ever touch an official but they were definitely moving towards each rather than it being a bump. Ugh.
Aggie09Derek
AG
I'm bad luck...turned on the game and 2-3 minutes later went from 0-0 to 2-0.
oh no
AG
That ref leaned into him to give a red card in the 6th minute. That was pathetic.
adavurt
That sort of action isn't getting him sold to Europe completely fed the team tonite this isn't the Honduran league.
oh no
AG
He didn't need to kick the kick the ball away- an obvious yellow for delay of game. ...but he did not deserve a 6' red for not really making contact with an arrogant referee.
fig96
AG
adavurt said:

That sort of action isn't getting him sold to Europe completely fed the team tonite this isn't the Honduran league.
One of the best strikers in the world bit a guy and no one cares.
Dre_00
Is this what it's like to be a Newcastle supporter?

I guess the difference is that Newcastle consistently get huge crowds regardless of how crap their owner is but there are a lot of similarities.
adavurt
The other issue is the lineup what was that? Wilmer acts like we are playing for multiple cups we barley have a competent 11 when the right guys start.
adavurt
fig96 said:

adavurt said:

One of the best strikers in the world bit a guy and no one cares.
Suraez> Elias

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.