Houston Dynamo 2019 Season Thread

18,777 Views | 269 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Dre_00
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Better than a loss
7nine
fig96
AG
That offside near the end should have been reviewed, that was damn close. At least we pulled one back though.
carl spacklers hat
Correct, my comment was a round-about way of saying Dynamo ownership won't invest in the Club, Atlanta's ownership does.
Texaggie7nine
carl spacklers hat said:

Correct, my comment was a round-about way of saying Dynamo ownership won't invest in the Club, Atlanta's ownership does.

Agree. It's like we got a bunch of Drayton Mclanes in the ownership group. They want to just pull an income out of the franchise for the least required amount to do it.
7nine
Dre_00
I think Donald Sterling and the Clippers is a better analogy (minus the racism and slumlord parts). Due to the league structure, owners will make money even if they produce a crap product.
Texaggie7nine
Got an extra ticket for Tuesday if anyone is interested.
7nine
Texaggie7nine
Well... we held out till around 70 in...
7nine
oh no
AG
Tigres goes home with a 2 away goal advantage...

...but this 1st leg quarterfinals loss actually leaves me with some optimism for the upcoming mls season for the dynamo.
ChemEAg08
AG
W
Out in Left Field
AgfromHOU
Texaggie7nine
Good start
7nine
Dre_00
Not sold till I see some good road performances. Memo starting and playing well is great to see.
Mustang1
AG
Wow what a 1st half performance
oh no
AG
There was a really good road performance for ya
Dre_00
Indeed. Caught the highlights (with the time difference, it'll be a long time before I'm able to catch a game live) and the build up to the goals looked good. Would've been interesting to see how things would've gone if Colorado scores on those two shots that hit the post but even so, a very solid road performance. Here's to more.
PJYoung
AG
I dont know if we're good but with this start I think it's safe to say we're not bad.
Truvada_for_prep
PJYoung said:

I dont know if we're good but with this start I think it's safe to say we're not bad.
If Elias leaves at some point we are ****ed.
gig them
AG
Louis botha said:

PJYoung said:

If Elias leaves at some point we are ****ed.

I can't see a world where he doesn't leave in the summer. And if he keeps playing this well, we'd be fools to not let him leave.

If we're going to position ourselves as a bargain basement "buy low sell high" club (which I hate), we have to maximize the value in situations like this.
Dre_00
I don't mind that strategy if A) you're consistently good at it and B) you reinvest a sizable portion of the profits back into the club. But the Dynamo thus far haven't done either.

But I think that strategy isn't a bad one especially in a league that will always be seen as a stepping stone to bigger leagues anyway.
Mustang1
AG
Another W
AgfromHOU
AG
Mustang1 said:

Another W

Great start to the season
Dre_00
Looks more like the team from 2017. And by looks I mean just looking at the statistics. Have they had a game where they've out possessed their opponent?
Dre_00
Eeked our a possession advantage in this week's win. Stars are aligning and I may be able to watch my 1st game this season next weekend.

Apologies in advance for jinxing the team:
PJYoung
AG
First team to 5 wins!
BarryProfit
Taking the lad to his first dynamo game, I've also never been. Is there a preferred section or side of the stadium for today's afternoon game? TIA.
Texaggie7nine
There is usually more shade on the west side but I havent been to an afternoon game in awhile.

The loud and crazy fans are up in GA on the north endzone side if you like to be near them.

Got some bids out on flahs seats for today. If someone bites I will be there
7nine
Texaggie7nine
Got some decent ones for $15 near midfield. Guess I'll be there.

Pregaming at Pitch25
7nine
DuncanField91
AG
I like sections 225 or 226, preferably in the higher sections. This gives you a center circle view, shaded, with the best views of the Downtown Houston.
PJYoung
AG
Nice win after some craziness late.

Gotta think the crowds will come if this keeps up.
Dre_00
Poor Wilmer Cabrera. Did a good job at Chivas USA under tough circumstances. Doing a pretty good job here under not as tough but not easy circumstances. Hasn't played in front of a home crowd of more than 750 people.
Texaggie7nine
If the owners would actually spend money on talent, maybe games would start to sell out.

7nine
AG@RICE
AG
I used to be a season ticket holder, but gave up because the atmosphere steadily degraded. They ended up moving the supporter groups around and that really killed the vibe of the stadium. I was never part of any supporter group, but they really made the atmosphere fun and authentic. The corporate (generic) atmosphere slowly took over and now its down right boring and cheesy.

I was mortified to find out that the god awful "lets go dynamo" song they play is actually a generic song used throughout the league. Its such a bad song, why copy it in every damn stadium?

All that being said, winning cures all and I just bought some tickets for next month.
Truvada_for_prep
I get the its not the best game-day experience but as a soccer lover the stadium is perfect and the tickets are cheap not sure why people are complaining?
Texaggie7nine
Tickets are cheap my azz. The face value for all upper level seats for the Dallas game was $40 before fees. That's stupid.

I got nice seats for $15 on flash seats and half the upper level or more was empty.
7nine

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.