***** Official USMNT vs Italy unFriendly Match Thread *****

3,364 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PatAg
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So when are we going to get a coach? This seems incredibly drawn out at this point...
akm91
AG
Hopefully next week, after the Thanksgiving break.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Rudyjax said:

We have a keeper.

Who is this rudyjax
Rudyjax
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Rudyjax said:

We have a keeper.

Who is this rudyjax

Rudyjax, now there's a name you have not heard in a long long time.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
vs Germany at 1:50 today ? FS2 all wrong

Sorry - u17 women
Rudyjax
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

vs Germany at 1:50 today ? FS2

U17 Women's Workd Cup.

And on FS1. Opps. I can't read my tv.
akm91
AG
Quote:

FS2

Streaming option: Telemundo Deportes
Rudyjax
AG
akm91 said:

Quote:

FS2

Streaming option: Telemundo Deportes

Yep. Fixing.
PatAg
AG
texagbeliever said:

I dont get this. They are playing to win the game, not get bossed around for 90 minutes. If you practice losing you will get good at losing. Sure we gave young guys a shot, but to what end. USMNT has played 23 guys this year. That gives you: no backline cohesion, midfield partnerships, or attacking consistency.

That said I'm a fan of find the players then pick the system. Not play a million combinations of players and formations.
Because we could have played bad, snuck a win out, and people like you (based off your post) would be satisfied with the game.
jeffk
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Rudyjax said:

We have a keeper.

Who is this rudyjax

Time really is a flat circle.
akm91
AG
Getting trounced by Germany. The U-17's don't play as a team, just lots of 1 v 1 trying to dribble the way through the defense.
Rudyjax
AG
akm91 said:

Getting trounced by Germany. The U-17's don't play as a team, just lots of 1 v 1 trying to dribble the way through the defense.

Germany converted most of their chances. Our girls missed 4-5 scoring opportunities.
akm91
AG
Parts that I saw, we're losing the ball near the midfield allowing Germany to counter quickly. Most of the time it was players trying to dribble past multiple defenders.

Germany did convert most of their chances with the exception of the good save by the US GK on the penalty.
Rudyjax
AG
akm91 said:

Parts that I saw, we're losing the ball near the midfield allowing Germany to counter quickly. Most of the time it was players trying to dribble past multiple defenders.

Germany did convert most of their chances with the exception of the good save by the US GK on the penalty.

It was a completely winnable game. Germany finished whereas the aid didn't.
texagbeliever
PatAg said:

texagbeliever said:

I dont get this. They are playing to win the game, not get bossed around for 90 minutes. If you practice losing you will get good at losing. Sure we gave young guys a shot, but to what end. USMNT has played 23 guys this year. That gives you: no backline cohesion, midfield partnerships, or attacking consistency.

That said I'm a fan of find the players then pick the system. Not play a million combinations of players and formations.
Because we could have played bad, snuck a win out, and people like you (based off your post) would be satisfied with the game.

What are the takeaways from the past 4 friendlies?
Woods can't stay onsides.
USMNT doesn't have a holding midfielder who can relieve pressure
Backline is too spread out and sits too deep
Team can't finish defensively
No idea who half of our starters should be

The team momentum is dead. Excitement from fans is waning.
PatAg
AG
texagbeliever said:

PatAg said:

texagbeliever said:

there are no takeaways other than young players getting experience. Thats a different problem, and it goes back to them being idiots about not hiring a manager back in August.
OregonAggie
AG
PatAg said:

texagbeliever said:

PatAg said:

texagbeliever said:

there are no takeaways other than young players getting experience. Thats a different problem, and it goes back to them being idiots about not hiring a manager back in August.

There's at least one takeaway: Will Trapp should only be used as a practice player. Or a waterboy. Actually he'd screw up something with the water so how about we just don't allow him to wear a US jersey ever again?
PatAg
AG
concacaf friendlies only
texagbeliever
Whooo experience, way overrated. These guys are professionals. Heck they would probably be getting better training with their professional clubs. Sorry some people want both to play to win and play to get better at the same time.
jeffk
AG
Training and playing together is the only real benefit from this year's camps/comps.
PatAg
AG
texagbeliever said:

Whooo experience, way overrated. These guys are professionals. Heck they would probably be getting better training with their professional clubs. Sorry some people want both to play to win and play to get better at the same time.
Winning is fun, but my statement was acting like winning or losing the game is the most important in a friendly is silly. It's wayyyyyyyyyy far down the list. You evaluate how you play first and foremost. Now, closing out a game you are winning, or are tied in, could definitely be part of that.

There is a reason the rest of the world concentrates more on training then on constantly playing games in their youth development.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.