******BTHO TCU******

5,410 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texas A&M continues NCAA Tournament play this afternoon in Knoxville, Tennessee. The Aggies' second round opponent is the TCU Horned Forgs. The game is set for 1PM Central and the action will stream on SEC Network+ (Online only).

TCU is 13-4-3 on the season and advanced after beating BYU 2-1 in Fort Worth last weekend. The Aggies and Horned Frogs actually played this season, though it was an exhibition match. A&M prevailed in the scrimmage 2-0. Common opponents include Oklahoma (TAMU W 3-1; TCU W 1-0), Santa Clara (TAMU W 4-0; TCU L 0-3), Alabama (TAMU L 0-1; TCU W 1-0), and the aforementioned BYU (TAMU W 2-0; TCU W 2-1).

TCU's RPI sits around #19 (to A&M's #10) so this is a tough 2nd round matchup on paper. TCU outscored opponents 35-17 on the season and have 10 shutouts on the year. That amounts to a .85 goal against average. They have been shutout just 3 times this season.

Scoring has been a shared responsibility for TCU as 4 players have more than 5 goals on the season. Maddy Warren has 6 goals on the season with a team-high 4 assists. Messiah Bright and Kayla Hill each have 6 goals as well. Yazmeen Ryan has 5 goals and 3 assists in more limited action and 4 of her 5 goals have proved to be game winners. Ryan most recently notched the gamewinner against BYU.

Emily Alvarado didn't start the season as TCU's goalkeeper, but she has come in for the last 14 games and posted a 9-4-1 record. She's allowed 12 goals in 14 games while totaling 56 saves.

A&M is looking to defend a couple of streaks as the Aggies are 11-0 against TCU all-time and have been boasting an unbeaten streak against other Texas teams that extends back to 2008.
CDub06
AG
Another post from the airplane, so I didn't have time to write much. I'm especially disappointed that I didn't make a pun about TCU's player named Messiah...
redd38
AG
Didn't write much? Looks like your longest write-up of the season.

This game will come down to who wants it more. The Aggies seem to have lost their hunger over the last month so hopefully they can muster up the desire to score a few goals.
CDub06
AG
Just pulled it all off of stats and box scores. Nothing juicy. I've done better. I'm mainly upset about the pun.
HiddenAg2
A&M beat TCU 2-0 in the exhibition match earlier this season so it's definitely very winnable. The question is whether or not the midfield will be able to gain enough possession to control the match. A&M will probably need a shutout to win this one 1-0 because the offense is struggling right now.
mullokmotx
AG
We have scored 1 goal in regulation in the last 5 games, but I look for us to break our losing streak on this field. The last Aggie team to play in the NCAA's here was softball in May 2017 and that turned out pretty good.
wangus12
AG
Fiance is coaching state semifinals for 5a vball which starts at 1 so I'll be depending on yall for the play by play
redd38
AG
I hate this camera angle
PJYoung
AG
Good start.

Great look by Ally Watt there.
redd38
AG
Looking pretty good so far
redd38
AG
Love seeing Bates so involved in the offense, that has been missing this year.
redd38
AG
I feel like the ref colors are a little too close to TCU's color
Rudyjax
AG
Yikes. The production value.
redd38
AG
Omg, great opportunity for Bates but doesn't get the touch she would have liked on it
wangus12
AG
redd38 said:

Omg, great opportunity for Bates but doesn't get the touch she would have liked on it

Definitely sounds like our offense the last few weeks
Rudyjax
AG
redd38 said:

I hope that doesn't come back to bite us.
redd38
AG
Watt beats the keeper then does absolutely nothing with it
speedy
AG
Looks like we are playing kickball again instead of the crisp short passes they did last game
Rudyjax
AG
2 solid missed opportunities.

You can't win if you don't score.
redd38
AG
I like our effort so far, much better than how we performed in our losses, so I think we'll come out on the right side of this. TCU has had a few opportunities to get lucky though.
Rudyjax
AG
redd38 said:

I like our effort so far, much better than how we performed in our losses, so I think we'll come out on the right side of this. TCU has had a few opportunities to get lucky though.
Exactly. You keep them hanging around they can get lucky.
dallasiteinsa02
GOAL!!!
redd38
AG
What a rocket from Watt!
redd38
AG
We're at our best when Watt fights through defenders and takes a shot.

Too often she's tried to pass those off with little success.
Serious Lee
anyone know how many "----dottir's " there are in college soccer?
redd38
AG
Uncle Gunnysack said:

anyone know how many "----dottir's " there are in college soccer?

I would guess a few dozen Icelandic players, they would all have the dottir suffix.
Rudyjax
AG
Looking at the rosters, we have 3x more Texans on the team.
redd38
AG
These commentators don't have a strong grasp of the English language.
The Agly Duckling
Score 1-0, correct?
redd38
AG
Sully Penny said:

Score 1-0, correct?

Correct
redd38
AG
Wow, should absolutely be a PK
PJYoung
AG
redd38 said:

Shoved down in the box - no big deal.
Rudyjax
AG
PJYoung said:

redd38 said:

Shoved down in the box - no big deal.
Seemed pretty clear to me.
dallasiteinsa02
2-0 A little breathing room.
redd38
AG
GOOOOOOOOOOAAAALL
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.