Who is your all-time favorite Aggie soccer player?

4,771 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Agssoc2008
Hand Of God
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll start.

Ashlee Pistorius.

I'll never forget when she scored the game winning goal in OT in front of an enormous crowd to beat UNC in 2006.

Hermann Trophy Finalist in 2007 having led the nation with 25 goals. Holds the Aggie record for most goals scored (81) and points (194) during her career.
Diego
AG
Haley Pounds
tamufan
Bryn Blalack. But a difficult choice. Pistorius is a great choice too.
texasaggie04
AG
Kati jo Spisak.

That 0-0 (PK) win against UCLA where we were outshot something like 21-0 was just so wrong, but so right.
tamufan
redd38
AG
Shea Groom
Chapa96
AG
Agreed! Ashlee P.
MookieBlaylock
AG
HiddenAg2
Diego said:

Haley Pounds
Yeah, hard to beat Haley. A special person on and off the field. Still upset about her season ending injury last year, which cost us an Elite 8 appearance.
jessexy
AG
Nicky Thrasher
biobioprof
Lots of good choices. I'll add that I have a special fondness for Karlie Mueller for both on and off the field. As much as I loved her D and her flip throws, I'll remember this more

hsvag
Agree with Ashlee, terrific player.
Two others I'll throw out because I liked the way they played:
Rachel Lenz - relatively slender frame but an attack dog in the way she played defense. Our defense style is more marking than attacking, so I loved how aggressive she was in going after the person with the ball. Mechanical Engineering major too.
Miki Harvey - quite a lot of player in a small package. I liked the way she could possess the ball, as that is a skill fairly rare for G's teams. As she was marked and beat up toward the end of her career, however, she struggled some trying to lead the team.
Kramer
AG
Annie Kunz. Because she's just an all around badass.
oklaunion
I can't recall her name but when I first started going to games about 8 or so years ago, there was a blonde right side defensive back who perfected the sliding tackle and didn't have any qualms about doing so. I haven't seen that attitude since then. I think she was a starter most of her Aggie career.
wangus12
AG
I thought Rachel Shipley was one of the best ball handlers we ever had. Scored quite a bit from the midfield
aggiesoccer#1fan
AG
Rachel Lenz?
90 bull
AG
Rachel Balaguer maybe? Or one of the five Rachels on those teams.
oklaunion
Yep, Rachel Balaguer. Thanks.
fasthorse05
It's difficult for me not to mention Mikaela Harvey.

She was just aggressive and passionate in everything she did on the field.

I'd have to go with Rachel Shipley, but there's a little family bias in there, since I know her Mom and Dad.
DalAggie96
AG
Bryn Blalock
aggiesoccer#1fan
AG
Bryn Blalack was definitely the Player of the Decade for the '90s (if not the greatest of all time). She was our first All-American (and the first Aggie to go pro?). She even graced the cover of 12th Man Magazine back in the day.
alamoaggie 64
Can't remember her name now. Her granddad was Dr. Koldaus.
alamoaggie 64
"Can't remember her name now. Her granddad was Dr. Koldaus."

Shipley. Thanks, Fasthorse.
Hand Of God
AG
Kelley Monogue was another one of my favorites. Had a nose for the goal.
Aggie1205
AG
Katie Jo is definitely up there. Kat Krambeer comes to mind as well as a favorite. She had ridiculous speed. Linda Pierson was another.
jessexy
AG
I enjoyed watching Meaghan Streight play too. She did alot of defending by herself during her time and was really really good.

I think our best GK ever was Melanie Wilson back from the late 90s teams.
ol' army '65
AG
Haley Pounds
mullokmotx
AG
I think I'll go with Allie Bailey. She had a knack for being in the right place and scored the biggest goal in the history of the program.
CDub06
AG
KJ, Ashlee, and Lenz are attached to some great soccer moments.
tamufan
"I think our best GK ever was Melanie Wilson back from the late 90s teams."

That might be true. She was very athletic, and tough as nails. I always enjoyed watching her play. She liked wearing a baseball cap. I suspect she gave Coach G a few grey hairs during those years. My memory is faulty on the details but I recall she once got a straight red. I certainly think our opponents were uncomfortable 'camping out' anywhere near where Melanie Wilson was positioned.

It's hard to compare across all the years, and KJ is certainly in the mix, but to me Melanie Wilson deserves to rank very high in any list of our best GK's.
RAB88
AG
Maria Theologos ('87-'88) before the program shut down for a few years.

She is also my wife.
Agssoc2008
Have any of those favorite players or any former A&M player gone on to being a Head Coach at the Division I level?
CDub06
AG
Nicky Thrasher is the head coach at Rice.
Fanofsoccer
Only one? With the success of the Texas A&M soccer program over the years, I am really surprised we don't see more former A&M players in the Division I coaching?
chjoak
AG
Nicky Thrasher was always fun to watch. So much intensity the entire time. 2-3 others that came in the year or so after Thrasher that were fun to watch as well but mostly because they were crazy hot.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.