Der Spiegel alleges a "world star" failed a drug test

1,766 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jeffk
aTmAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I ran across this thread in Reddit a couple days ago. Then I heard nothing. Anybody aware of this? Is there new news I am unaware of?

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/9tma8r/der_spiegel_alleges_a_world_star_failed_a_drug/
MookieBlaylock
AG
So there are 3 world stars

Neymar
Ronaldo
Messi

Ronaldo is the most likely as he is crap without his speed and with his advancing age and ****** lifestyle
He is most likely
aTmAg
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Neymar
Ronaldo
Messi

Ronaldo is the most likely as he is crap without his speed and with his advancing age and ****** lifestyle
He is most likely
That thread mentions that Ronaldo's teammates have been amazed at Ronaldo's ability to recover from games after one day when it takes them three. So I'm inclined to agree with you.

Who else has multiple CL wins?
AGC
AG
aTmAg said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Neymar
Ronaldo
Messi

He is most likely
That thread mentions that Ronaldo's teammates have been amazed at Ronaldo's ability to recover from games after one day when it takes them three. So I'm inclined to agree with you.

Messi. Barca suffer from messidependencia so he has a lot of mileage the past year (including the World Cup). I think he only rested one game or so last campaign (something minuscule like that - he always came on as a sub to bail them out domestically and got no rest in the CL). He doesn't seem to have lost a step this campaign while RMs stars are struggling with fitness (granted some like kroos and Modric have age but varane and Asensio are having issues too).

But it's most likely Ronaldo. Zidane rested him a lot domestically two years ago and last year as well to make those CL runs. Zidane had a strong bench that allowed him to do it. Perhaps Juve isn't as deep. And they did pay a boatload of money for him so he needs to put butts in seats.
aTmAg
AG
AGC said:

aTmAg said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Neymar
Ronaldo
Messi

He is most likely

Messi. Barca suffer from messidependencia so he has a lot of mileage the past year (including the World Cup). I think he only rested one game or so last campaign (something minuscule like that - he always came on as a sub to bail them out domestically and got no rest in the CL). He doesn't seem to have lost a step this campaign while RMs stars are struggling with fitness (granted some like kroos and Modric have age but varane and Asensio are having issues too).

But it's most likely Ronaldo. Zidane rested him a lot domestically two years ago and last year as well to make those CL runs. Zidane had a strong bench that allowed him to do it. Perhaps Juve isn't as deep. And they did pay a boatload of money for him so he needs to put butts in seats.
Messi walks a lot in his old age. I read somewhere that he is #1 or #2 in Europe in the amount he walks during games. That is very different than how he played when he was younger.
jeffk
AG
WORLD STAR!

WORLD STAR!
eiggA2002
AG
All I could find in the Der Spiegel articles was the quote below: No mention of a "world star".

"The reports of the coming weeks will also reveal the positive doping tests of a multiple Champions League winner as well as the tax avoidance models of some Premier League titans."

That makes it sound more like it is definitely not a world star, but rather someone like Pedro or Keylor Navas or someone like that. I do love the chaos and it would be pretty naive of us to assume none of these guys do anything like this.
bmc13
AG
interesting
Mathguy64
AG
Please let it be Sergio Ramos.
Mike Elko
AG
Probably Messi reverting back to his childhood when he was all over the 'roids.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1492546-lionel-messi-and-hgh-the-truth-about-the-best-footballer-in-the-world

Sinner.
akm91
AG
I'm more interested in the financial fair play shenanigans of Man City, PSG and others of that ilk. It all seem to link back to oil money from ME.
jessexy
AG
jeffk said:

WORLD STAR!

WORLD STAR!
I see what you did there
AGC
AG
akm91 said:

I'm more interested in the financial fair play shenanigans of Man City, PSG and others of that ilk. It all seem to link back to oil money from ME.

What about Rybovlev and the alleged Mbappe cash out? It's drama everywhere, especially with Monaco's current trajectory.
Pignorant
AG
Not to derail the thread, but can you imagine the United States government setting up a wealth fund to buy a pro sports team. Then using tax dollars to buy the best players to ensure they win a championship.

That's essentially what Man City and PSG have done.
gambochaman
AG
and yet PSG still sit third in ther CL group behind Napoli and Liverpool
jeffk
AG
Pignorant said:

Not to derail the thread, but can you imagine the United States government setting up a wealth fund to buy a pro sports team. Then using tax dollars to buy the best players to ensure they win a championship.

Not successfully.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
jeffk said:

Pignorant said:

Not successfully.
This. You'd probably have the Republicans and Democrats bickering over what league, what club, whether to invest in a club academy or go buy big players, how much to spend, etc. And they'd all be diametric opposites on all of the issues because politics.

The end result is that we would own Croatian club NK Inter Zapresic and we would manage it into the ground as Chuck Schumer screams "we're getting relegated because we didn't give enough third world players big enough contracts," while Lindsey Graham yells back, "What the hell is relegation?!?!?"
rfvgy12
AG
Best right back in a decade
Maximus_Meridius
AG
rfvgy12 said:

Best actor in a decade

FIFY
jeffk
AG
rfvgy12 said:

Puyol says que?
Mathguy64
AG
rfvgy12 said:

Biggest goon and thug in a decade

FIFY
AGC
AG
rfvgy12 said:

A+ troll. He was the best before moving to CB. But such angst in the responses.
rfvgy12
AG
AGC said:

rfvgy12 said:

A+ troll. He was the best before moving to CB. But such angst in the responses.

Just the facts. I think he is in the wrong position as a
CB.
rfvgy12
AG
Puyol played primarily CB
rfvgy12
AG
Good CB are thuggish
jeffk
AG
rfvgy12 said:

Puyol played primarily CB

He played both at an extremely high level.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.