Soccer rules question

778 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Mathguy64
aTmAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Video in this link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/9p6ujg/that_moment_of_regret/

Question:

What would have happened if the goalie didn't go so far out when he celebrated, and on his way back to save the goal, the PK kicker blocked him out similar to a defender blocking out a forward while allowing the ball to roll to the goalie?
redd38
AG
Kicker is just supposed to kick the ball then return to their team. Can't kick in a rebound or block out the keeper or anything like that.
aTmAg
AG
redd38 said:

Kicker is just supposed to kick the ball then return to their team. Can't kick in a rebound or block out the keeper or anything like that.
Okay... let me complicate it up some. Let's say that the kicker was looking at the ball, saw that the ball was on it's way to go in, started celebrating (without looking at the goalie), and while in the process, happened to obstruct the goalie so he couldn't get there in time to save it?
MookieBlaylock
AG
What a stupid hypothetical

None of that happened

Keeper is a dumb arse
aTmAg
AG
I understand none of that happened. I was wondering what the rules would say if that did happen. If you don't know, then that's fine.
Mathguy64
AG
In that hypothetical it would be a foul (impeding with contact) on the kicker and the ball is dead.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.