******BTHO Mississippi State******

4,329 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AgsSoccerFan
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ICELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hand Of God
AG
Incredible build up to that goal.
Aggie_3
What's the score?
Mathguy64
AG
2-0. 10:15
CDub06
AG
Nice buildup and Great effort on that finish. Ags Up 2-0. 13:00 left.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Dos y cero
Aggie_3
CDub06
AG
Miss State keeper in a hurry now.
wangus12
AG
Two terrible goal scrambles and Miss. St. gets one
Hand Of God
AG
A&M had probably 20 consecutive passes leading to our second goal. Would love to see the entire sequence again.
CDub06
AG
Looks like we've got another 2-1 final.
redd38
AG
AGGIES WIN
HiddenAg2
A&M really dominated the game and should have won about 4-0 but the referee took a goal away in the 1st half which was not a hand ball and then Bates missed an easy put away in the 2nd half. But the 2 goals that were scored were great goals with an individual effort by Watt and then a beautiful sequence of about 20 passes from the backline all the way through the midfield and then the cross by Watt and put away by Asdis. A&M gave up a silly late goal with a scramble in the box. Need to finish the game better.

I didn't like the way MSU had so much time wasting throughout the match, holding the ball from the GK or on throw-ins. It was obvious they were playing for a 0-0 tie. And I don't know why their coach was so upset the entire game. Serves them right that they lost.

A&M moves closer to the top with a tie tonight between SC and Vandy, but we still have to win out and get help from someone else in beating Vandy. A&M remains #2 in the RPI, so winning out through the SEC tournament would result in a #1 seed for sure.
Hand Of God
AG
Small correction on the second goal. Watt played Ziemer through to the end line. Tara then crossed to Asdis for the goal.
MROD92
BQ_90
AG
CDub06 said:

David Ellis, don't you apologize to this team for calling them Ole Miss. they deserve worse.

Call them Baylor.
Had a very baylorish vibe. MSU was physical where is BU is plain dirty
MookieBlaylock
AG
#27 has nasty quick twitch hips and feet

Not sure why you put your CB on the post on throws and corner kicks

Very solid win for the ladies
MookieBlaylock
AG
That team was way better than the game breakdown btw

CDub06
AG
I regret nothing. I wish Mississippi State no success.
mullokmotx
AG
Their time wasting was the style you expect when you know you are out-manned. which I didn't expect seeing as how they beat USC. Very baylor-like, as was their style of play. Ally had her jersey pulled big time when she was about to blow by several defenders in the first half and no card was shown. I thought we were trying to shoot long shots since their keeper was on the short side. I liked Brittany's in your face play when she came in. I thought their goal was set up when our midfielder had the ball just in our defensive half and chose to play it back rather than go forward. A pass was picked off and they kept in in our defensive end until they scored.
I think it was great that they honored Margaret Schmidt tonight as one of the 6 seniors and her sister Mary Grace was in town showing off her engagement ring. Also saw former players Leigh Edwards and McKayla Paulson Martin.
Only 3 goals were scored in the 3 SEC games tonight, and they were all here.
Giggem
AG
This was a really nice display of good, sometimes great, soccer by A&M tonight. MSU came in looking to stall, park the bus, and foul hard and often, hoping all of that would throw A&M off its game and open the door to a tie or a really unlikely victory. What we saw from A&M was a team determined to conquer that foul-first MSU game plan (devised by a coach who was visibly angry literally from the first to the 90th minute--wow, I wouldn't want my daughter playing for this guy) by running around and passing around MSU. And that's precisely what they did--they ran and passed around MSU all night, creating a ton of shots from good chances.

Pulling that off is not easy against an opponent with good athletes playing the ugly style of MSU. It takes patience, discipline, and great fitness. We saw all of that from A&M tonight. The midfield and front-runners were terrific all night, playing multiple combinations and continually looking for, and making, runs diagonally through the MSU packed-in defense. Emily, especially, was tireless, and Addie was her usual calm and technically proficient self running things in the midfield. Asdis, Ally, Tera, Emily, Jimena, and Addie just ran around and passed through and around MSU all night. It was beautiful.

MSU came in looking to use the Arkansas and Baylor game plan--if you foul the Aggies enough, they'll get tired of it, lose their composure, and then you can capitalize. That never happened tonight. The discipline and skill and stamina the A&M kids showed was spectacular.

The only negative thing that happened was the unfortunate late MSU goal. That was set up by a long flip-throw into a packed box. A couple minute earlier, the same throw also resulted in a melee. While that goal wasn't good for A&M, obviously, it wasn't silly. It was the result of a late, frantic push, a team throwing everyone into the box and shoving the GK around, and a lucky bounce. These things happen in soccer.

What is silly is to take that goal and immediately construe it to mean this team "needs to finish better." The team kept its composure all night, and got up two, thereby eliminating the possibility that one lucky MSU goal would lead to a tie or a loss. That's called not just finishing, but executing all night. That was a really nice performance tonight, and it showed that: (1) this A&M team can play well and win against teams like Santa Clara and Kansas who want to play flowing soccer, and (2) this A&M team can also stay focused and execute all night, all 90 minutes, against a team dead set on brutalizing the A&M players. In short, a really impressive display.
Serious Lee
mullokmotx said:

Ally had her jersey pulled big time when she was about to blow by several defenders in the first half and no card was shown.
i thought that was borderline red card worthy. no play on the ball at all by the defender that tripped her after the holding
MBAR
AG
Giggem said:

This was a really nice display of good, sometimes great, soccer by A&M tonight. MSU came in looking to stall, park the bus, and foul hard and often, hoping all of that would throw A&M off its game and open the door to a tie or a really unlikely victory. What we saw from A&M was a team determined to conquer that foul-first MSU game plan (devised by a coach who was visibly angry literally from the first to the 90th minute--wow, I wouldn't want my daughter playing for this guy) by running around and passing around MSU. And that's precisely what they did--they ran and passed around MSU all night, creating a ton of shots from good chances.

Pulling that off is not easy against an opponent with good athletes playing the ugly style of MSU. It takes patience, discipline, and great fitness. We saw all of that from A&M tonight. The midfield and front-runners were terrific all night, playing multiple combinations and continually looking for, and making, runs diagonally through the MSU packed-in defense. Emily, especially, was tireless, and Addie was her usual calm and technically proficient self running things in the midfield. Asdis, Ally, Tera, Emily, Jimena, and Addie just ran around and passed through and around MSU all night. It was beautiful.

MSU came in looking to use the Arkansas and Baylor game plan--if you foul the Aggies enough, they'll get tired of it, lose their composure, and then you can capitalize. That never happened tonight. The discipline and skill and stamina the A&M kids showed was spectacular.

The only negative thing that happened was the unfortunate late MSU goal. That was set up by a long flip-throw into a packed box. A couple minute earlier, the same throw also resulted in a melee. While that goal wasn't good for A&M, obviously, it wasn't silly. It was the result of a late, frantic push, a team throwing everyone into the box and shoving the GK around, and a lucky bounce. These things happen in soccer.

What is silly is to take that goal and immediately construe it to mean this team "needs to finish better." The team kept its composure all night, and got up two, thereby eliminating the possibility that one lucky MSU goal would lead to a tie or a loss. That's called not just finishing, but executing all night. That was a really nice performance tonight, and it showed that: (1) this A&M team can play well and win against teams like Santa Clara and Kansas who want to play flowing soccer, and (2) this A&M team can also stay focused and execute all night, all 90 minutes, against a team dead set on brutalizing the A&M players. In short, a really impressive display.
I'm pretty sure Morche was dragged down on that final goal. MSU was borderline dirty in the way they tried to handle her most of the night on set pieces.
Carnwellag2
Giggem said:

JThis was a really nice display of good, sometimes great, soccer by A&M tonight. MSU came in looking to stall, park the bus, and foul hard and often, hoping all of that would throw A&M off its game and open the door to a tie or a really unlikely victory. What we saw from A&M was a team determined to conquer that foul-first MSU game plan (devised by a coach who was visibly angry literally from the first to the 90th minute--wow, I wouldn't want my daughter playing for this guy) by running around and passing around MSU. And that's precisely what they did--they ran and passed around MSU all night, creating a ton of shots from good chances.

Great write up. Thank you
mullokmotx
AG
I should have asked some of the players what was being said when the ref issued a yellow to their keeper. There was quite a bit of arguing back and forth and Ally really got agitated and had to be pulled back. I'm sure she enjoyed getting that goal after that.
Giggem
AG
Yeah, they roughed up Morche on both of those melees in the last few minutes. On the one with about 2-1/2 minutes to go, Cozy dove to make a save and before she could get up a MSU player literally sat on her to keep her from getting up. Most refs will call an immediate foul if there's any contact on the keeper. Last night's ref let it all go on both of those melees. That's why maintaining composure and getting the 2 goal lead was so important. That was one of the A&M team's best games this year, frankly, because of the way they showed mental toughness.
Here4goodSoccer
I'm sure MSU was fired up due to the free kick being awarded. From my experience, if you're time wasting it's a yellow card and then play continues. Since the ball was in play (not a goal kick or throw in) I guess it's a free kick which most of the girls probably didn't realize hence the melee on the field. #4 from MSU most likely received her yellow from her language when the girls were trying to set up the free kick.
MBAR
AG
The only other time I've seen that call was when the uswnt beat Brazil in the 2011 world cup.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Will have to watch the shenanigans in the box

Still don't like having your center back on the post

AgsSoccerFan
Must be tough when no one pays attention to a certain post or asks follow-up questions on opinions. Must be rough.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.