******BTHO Auburn******

3,391 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MookieBlaylock
Hand Of God
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
But McCain's goal was the best.

She's had a couple stunners this year.
randy828
AG
Watching the game now on SEC network replay on my phone. Watt's goal was a really nice flick.
Giggem
AG
Yeah, it's almost like Addie can only score with a thunderous strike! What a great goal. She's so important to this team--she runs the show from midfield, IMO
wangus12
AG
Watts goal reminds me of Ramsey's last year

Expert Analysis
AG
redd38 said:

MookieBlaylock said:

wangus12 said:

Red card hand ball by Auburn. Kinda rough, but definitely a pk

Harsh red card and is ultimately a 3x penalty

Goal
Kicked out of game
Misses next match

Not a fan

I agree, the PK is sufficient
You think just a PK for intentional handball to prevent a goal is sufficient?
That is crazy, what if you miss the PK? Defenders would just handball everything that they couldn't stop otherwise and hope the PK gets missed.

I'd be fine with not missing next match, but the ejection is needed to prevent this foul.
medog
AG
HiddenAg2, great post; really enjoy reading your recaps. Thanks!
Expert Analysis
AG
we complain about the long ball out of the back line, but the dilemma is we do not pass the ball well. the long ball gets us out of trouble sometimes. we just give the ball away to much on simple plays. we passed the ball backwards one time directly to an auburn player... it's like basketball, if you are going to turn the ball over do it trying to create something don't turn it over going the other direction or on simple passes.
aggiesoccer#1fan
AG
"I'm not allowed to make any comments about the referees' mistakes."
- G, when asked about the lack of an offside call on Auburn's second goal
redd38
AG
Expert Analysis said:

redd38 said:

MookieBlaylock said:

wangus12 said:

Goal
Kicked out of game
Misses next match

Not a fan

That is crazy, what if you miss the PK? Defenders would just handball everything that they couldn't stop otherwise and hope the PK gets missed.

I'd be fine with not missing next match, but the ejection is needed to prevent this foul.

I think in extreme cases it should be a red. But this wasn't an extreme case, her arm was pretty close to her body.
02skiag
AG
Expert Analysis said:

we complain about the long ball out of the back line, but the dilemma is we do not pass the ball well. the long ball gets us out of trouble sometimes. we just give the ball away to much on simple plays. we passed the ball backwards one time directly to an auburn player... it's like basketball, if you are going to turn the ball over do it trying to create something don't turn it over going the other direction or on simple passes.

Agreed, there are way too many poor passes by everyone in the middle of the field. IMO one player in particular likely lost her starting spot, from the beginning of the season, for consistent bad passes. I could only catch a couple minutes last night and she made 2 forced passes in a row which Auburn easily picked up. One lead to a scoring opportunity. She needs to see less of the field and improve before next year.
mullokmotx
AG
In the first half it looked like Jimena lost a shin guard and had to come out of the game to replace it, and then it took forever for her to be allowed to re-enter the game. She was getting really frustrated and finally Auburn kicked the ball out of bounds in front of our bench and the whole bench cheered because they finally let Jimena back in.
redd38
AG
mullokmotx said:

In the first half it looked like Jimena lost a shin guard and had to come out of the game to replace it, and then it took forever for her to be allowed to re-enter the game. She was getting really frustrated and finally Auburn kicked the ball out of bounds in front of our bench and the whole bench cheered because they finally let Jimena back in.

She didn't even have her shin guards, another player gave Jimena hers. Hard to believe someone could forget their shin guards at this level.

I don't know the rule for reentry after equipment issue, but seems like they should allow it on any dead ball.
Expert Analysis
AG
redd38 said:

Expert Analysis said:

redd38 said:

MookieBlaylock said:

wangus12 said:

Goal
Kicked out of game
Misses next match

Not a fan

I think in extreme cases it should be a red. But this wasn't an extreme case, her arm was pretty close to her body.
If it's not deemed intentional they can just give a yellow correct?
Expert Analysis
AG
that reentry was absurd, there were two dead balls i believe before it went out of bounds. play back and forth in between. it was a couple minutes at least.
Expert Analysis
AG
From the NCAA rulebook. She should have been allowed to return sooner. G and Phil didn't seem to care too much.

"3.5.8 When a player has been instructed to leave the field for an equipment change. Note: In the event of an equipment change, only the player(s) with the equipment problem may be replaced. The opponent may replace an equal number of players at the same time. A.R. 3.5.8.a. May a player who has been removed from the game for an equipment change return? RULING: Yes, if the player was not substituted for while completing the equipment change, the player may return at the next stoppage in play."
hsvag
Hidden, very good, as always. Would just add it was painful to see Bates miss her point-blank opportunity. She doesn't get very many chances.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Expert Analysis said:

redd38 said:

Expert Analysis said:

redd38 said:

MookieBlaylock said:

wangus12 said:

Goal
Kicked out of game
Misses next match

Not a fan

If it's not deemed intentional they can just give a yellow correct?
It was a rocket shot and her hand was in tight
Definite penalty but missing another match is way too harsh

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.