Oct. Friendlies Roster Announced

2,362 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by who?mikejones
akm91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pretty interesting list. Excited to see Reggie Cannon and Jonathan Amon getting invites. Good to see Saief back on the team after the injuries.

Will be interesting to see how Sargent plays after getting time training with Werder Bremen's 1st team.

Quote:

GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Atlanta United FC; 58/0), Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge/BEL; 2/0), Zack Steffen (Columbus Crew SC; 6/0)

DEFENDERS (8): John Brooks (Wolfsburg/GER; 34/3), Reggie Cannon (FC Dallas; 0/0), Cameron Carter-Vickers (Swansea City/WAL; 5/0), Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls; 0/0), Matt Miazga (Nantes/FRA; 9/1), Antonee Robinson (Wigan Athletic/ENG; 4/0),Ben Sweat (New York City FC; 0/0), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United/ENG; 54/0)

MIDFIELDERS (10):
Kellyn Acosta (Colorado Rapids; 19/1), Tyler Adams (New York Red Bulls; 7/1), Jonathan Amon (Nordsjaelland/DEN; 0/0), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC/CAN; 140/17), Julian Green (Greuther Furth/GER; 12/4), Weston McKennie (Schalke/GER; 6/1), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund/GER; 21/9), Kenny Saief (Anderlecht/BEL; 2/0), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC; 8/0), Tim Weah (Paris Saint-Germain; 5/1)

FORWARDS (3):
Andrija Novakovich (Fortuna Sittard/NED; 2/0), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen/GER; 3/1), Bobby Wood (Hannover 96/GER; 41/12)
US October Friendlies Roster
Aston94
AG
Interesting that we get a Michael Bradley sighting. Is his contract up in Toronto? Looking to go back to Europe? I think having him be a part of this team is a good thing. He is young enough to be a part of 2 more cycles.

Brad Guzan is less interesting to me, wonder if he is looking for a move back to Europe too. I see no need for him with this team going forward.

I don't think I will be really excited about this team and rosters until we get the permanent coach in place.

akm91
AG
Interesting Bradley but not Altidore back in the mix with Altidore being younger than Bradley so will be something to keep eye on.

Don't know who is backing up Robinson on the left so will be interested to see what develops there.

boogieman
AG
Well, I hope Bradley and Guzan are there as teacher/mentors.
Dre_00
Aston94 said:

Interesting that we get a Michael Bradley sighting. Is his contract up in Toronto? Looking to go back to Europe? I think having him be a part of this team is a good thing. He is young enough to be a part of 2 more cycles.

He's 31. He'll be lucky to get through even 1 more cycle. But I agree that it's good for him to be involved.
Dre_00
Apparently they wanted to bring in Altidore but he picked up a knock in the last league game. Decided not to push it.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
My guess is Bradley is fishing for one more stint in Europe. Guzan....who knows.
jeffk
AG
#Pray4Guzan
Mr. White
Bradley should read his apology letter just before the national anthem and as "...land of the FREEEEE..." is sung, he is catapulted out of the stadium.
jeffk
AG
Hmmm...

Mathguy64
AG
Dre_00 said:

Apparently they wanted to bring in Altidore but he picked up a knock in the last league game. Decided not to push it.

Strained his va jay jay did he?

Seriously I'm about ready to be done with Jozy.
PatAg
AG
im excited to see pulisic and sargent in the same lineup
jeffk
AG
PatAg said:

im excited to see pulisic and sargent in the same lineup

Weah too!
Aston94
AG
Dre_00 said:

Aston94 said:

He's 31. He'll be lucky to get through even 1 more cycle. But I agree that it's good for him to be involved.

Man, I thought Bradley was 28 or so. I am getting old....
gig them
AG
We had a few years there where Bradley was called in seemingly every time. Huge qualifier, meaningless friendly, whatever... we simply couldn't operate without him pulling the strings.

I'm glad he's back, but it has also been nice to see us working away from that reliance.
Rudyjax
AG
Would like to see Bradley in camp as a veteran leader but don't want to see him on the pitch.

But I also hate he is taking a roster spot from a guy who could benefit from the experience.
Rudyjax
AG
Stronger overall team than last time.
Smokedraw01
I don't get all the hate for Jozy or Bradley. MB is still one of the best players at his position that can play for the USMNT. Same for Jozy. They aren't perfect but if you think they don't belong in the team, you've not watched them play enough.
Smokedraw01
Guzan is still competent and I like him being on the team simply so Steffen knows he's not being appointed the position. He's going to have work for it.
Mathguy64
AG
He's 31. If he's getting meaningful minutes in 2022 this team is in big trouble. It's one thing to mix him in for spots here and there, And to use him for leadership with a very young team in the next year, but realistically he shouldnt be getting lots of playing time during qualification.

As for Jozy, yeah. No. im just not a fan.
PatAg
AG
mathguy86 said:

He's 31. If he's getting meaningful minutes in 2022 this team is in big trouble. It's one thing to mix him in for spots here and there, And to use him for leadership with a very young team in the next year, but realistically he shouldnt be getting lots of playing time during qualification.

I see him as potentially someone to bring in late in a game if we have a lead.
Smokedraw01
mathguy86 said:

Who do we have at striker that is better than Jozy. Not potentially better but actually better?
Rudyjax
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

mathguy86 said:

Who do we have at striker that is better than Jozy. Not potentially better but actually better?

He's not going to be the best in 4 years. Play those guys who will be contributing. Develop chemistry.
who?mikejones
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

I don't get all the hate for Jozy or Bradley. MB is still one of the best players at his position that can play for the USMNT. Same for Jozy. They aren't perfect but if you think they don't belong in the team, you've not watched them play enough.

They dont belong on this team. They dont have a future with it. The future isnt bob bradley/jurgen/arena style of play.

Bradley is a black hole. The ball goes in and disappears. He never has his touch when he needs it. He has never recovered from whatever happened to him just before the Brazilian world cup.

Jozy has an ego he hasnt earned. Im not sure he actually helps this group of players. His redeeming quality is the ability to hold up the ball. Wood can do that just fine. Jozy's skill set falls pretty fast after that.

And to answer your qualifier, ive been watching them since game 1 with the national team.

Oh, and, they couldnt get a result against t&t. So screw them. Actually, without pulisic, the wouldnt have even been that close to qualifying. So, bring them in for a send off game, give them their due and dont call them again.
These are my people, Americans.
akm91
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

mathguy86 said:

Anyone that's not injured? Seriously though, I think it all depends on how the new coach wants to play. One can argue that if we play a high press game, Jozy's not the player you want up front. He's just not quick enough in that scheme.
gig them
AG
who?mikejones said:

Smokedraw01 said:

They dont belong on this team. They dont have a future with it. The future isnt bob bradley/jurgen/arena styke of play.

Bradley is a black hole. The ball goes in and disappears. He never has his touch when he needs it. He has never recovered from whatever happened to him just before the Brazilian world cup.

Jozy has an ego he hasnt earned. Im not sure he actually helps this group of players. His redeeming quality is the ability to hold up the ball. Wood can do that just fine. Jozy's skill set falls pretty fast after that.

And to answer youre qualifier, ive been watching them since game 1 with the national team.

Oh, and, they couldnt get a result against t&t. So screw them. Actually, without pulisic, the wouldnt have even been that close to qualifying. So, bring them in for a send off game, give them their due and dont call them again.

As is often the case, I think the answer lies somewhere in the middle. Jozy should no longer be guaranteed a starting spot, but he certainly has value as a member of a 23-man squad.

Mr. White
Their sendoff game should be against T&T at some municipal park in somewhere in North Dakota.
Rudyjax
AG
Luck is fickle.

Dempsey hits the post against T&T. If it goes in he's the lone all time leading scorer and they go to the World Cup.

But instead, it doesn't go in and he's tied with Donovan and we stay home.

At the end of the day. I think the best thing to happen was to not make the World Cup.
wangus12
AG
Weston McKinnie just scored in the Champion's League to secure a 1-nil victory

https://streamja.com/aLQQ
Rudyjax
AG
wangus12 said:

8th American to scores a goal in Champions League.

Pretty sure Pulisic as the 7th last week.
Gordo14
wangus12 said:

ScottishFire
AG
jeffk said:

Hmmm...

Wouldn't be surprised, if it's another hamstring injury.
akm91
AG
Unthought Known said:

wangus12 said:

Pretty sure Pulisic as the 7th last week year.
Rudyjax
AG
akm91 said:

Unthought Known said:

wangus12 said:

Pretty sure Pulisic as the 7th last week year.

I couldn't remember if he scored in all of their losses.
gig them
AG
McKinnie
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.