Liverpool International Academy

808 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Rudyjax
aggielax48
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have any experience with the Liverpool Academy, especially in Austin? To this point I have resisted going the academy route since my son is only 7. However, rec soccer hasn't been a good fit for him. We've done a couple camps with these guys and have been happy with them. I think Lonestar is our other option but I haven't been as impressed with them.

I wanted to do a little due diligence before we commit to a small fortune to play. TIA.
ScottishFire
AG
The Liverpool Teams in the DFW area (specifically North Dallas) have a lot of bouncing around from players. I coach some kids whose parents tend to not be happy with the coaches associated with Liverpool. Liverpool teams also tend to not be as competitive against the likes of Solar, FC Dallas, and Sting in this region. I don't have anything against their select teams-just my observations. I have two girls that play for Liverpool, and they are solid players
"No one cuts me with impunity."
DeangeloVickers
AG
We've been very happy with Georgetown Soccer Association as the coaching has been about touches and player development and not score (yelling at kids and having playtion control coaches)

We played all the clubs this past year and The Barcelona group has been nothing short of impressive but the cost is 3-4 times what others are.

Also, if I didn't live in Georgetown I'd be interested in a futsal program...at this age it seems like the most benefit
Bearded Fruit
If you like the coach it doesn't matter what club it is. All about the coach.
ScottishFire
AG
Bearded Fruit said:

If you like the coach it doesn't matter what club it is. All about the coach.
This.
"No one cuts me with impunity."
Rudyjax
AG
Liverpool is ok. Our issue is a lot of fund raising for the club and not just for the team. But if you have a good coach, that is more important than club.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.