Watching Champions League and Europa League.

1,629 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by wangus12
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Never thought I'd see the day that I'd be sad Fox lost some soccer coverage, but now the pay walls are starting to really come in

https://theshortfuse.sbnation.com/2018/7/31/17634758/arsenal-europa-league-tnt-br-live-pay-service

https://www.turner.com/pressroom/united-states/turner-sports/uefa/br-live-provide-direct-access-more-340-live-uefa

Basically only 2 CL games a week and you have to pay for everything else. And it looks like it will be more expensive than NBC Gold
wangus12
AG
Also Bleacher Report live sucks something awful
eiggA2002
AG
Ugh, this is awful news. Money grab. I know we are somewhat spoiled over here, but this is not the best way to get more Americans watching soccer.

NBC Gold was a disaster last year so I'm not expecting much from a quality standpoint. I'm doing NBC Gold again this year, but I won't be doing the CL paywall. At least all of the knockout rounds are televised.
wangus12
AG
Here is a necessary link to free online streams of literally every game you could want.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/
AustinScubaAg
AG
But you can still get them for free in Spanish.
jeffk
JoeOlson
AG
Yep, all this means is that IT is going to yell at me again for finding sketchy streaming sites.

One of the best things for soccer here has been how easy it is to watch ... getting nervous about what
I'm seeing.
wangus12
AG
Yeah not the best way to grow the sport by puting the only way to watch it behind a paywall
byfLuger41
AG
How much are we talking here, $75?

NBC Gold is $50 I think so $125 annually for the pair?

Y'all really bellyaching about .34 a day? I pick up a dollar fifty every time I walk into Luby's.
2017 World Series Champions - Houston Astros
wangus12
AG
NBC Gold is $50 bucks for 380 games. It is also a quality feed with good commentary and production. There were usually 3-5 games a week on live tv. So about 140 games on the actual tv & and everything else behind the paywall.

The Bleacher Report Live deal is $80 for 340 games. There will be a grand total of 47 games on live tv throughout the season. In the past, that number has been closer to 80-100 per season I think. If you never watched anything on Bleacher Report, its about the worst production quality of any live streaming sport you can find.

Edit.

gambochaman
AG
Boo this crap
byfLuger41
AG
So does this B/R deal include Europa?

<insert LOL at Chelsea joke here>
2017 World Series Champions - Houston Astros
wangus12
AG
I'd assume so. The only Europa league game that will be shown live is the final itself.
eiggA2002
AG
I'm wondering if they'll try to push people to subscribe by having CSKA Moscow v Ajax on TNT and put Spurs v Dortmund behind the paywall. Doubt it, but I bet it is some combo of good game/bad game.
deadbq03
AG
So will the live games also be streamed? I'm guessing no. As a cord-cutter (and Bundesliga fan) I really liked being able to just have Fox's Match Pass for Bundesliga/CL.
ja86
AG
so do we get ernie, chuck, kenny and shack trying to explain soccer to us?

but I will be happily tuning in to Univision and brushing up on my Spanish
jeffdjohnson
Quote:

so do we get ernie, chuck, kenny and shack trying to explain soccer to us?

Honestly.... I would watch that. Would be hilarious on multiple levels.
Rudyjax
Dre_00
Hey I don't want to spend money I wasn't spending either but let's tap the brakes a little bit. Some of the assertions here are a little bizarre.

Putting up a pay wall for CL is not going to stunt the growth of the sport. First of all, it's not like all free soccer all the time was causing soccer to grow in leaps and bounds. But more importantly, no casual fan is going to get pissed off and reject the sport because they can't watch Anderlecht vs. Sporting Lisbon in Group B.

TNT is most definitely going to keep the marquis games on their basic cable network. Why? Because they'll make a hell of a lot more money off the TV advertisement than they will off of a couple hundred thousand people paying $2.99 for a game. Yeah, there will probably be some games behind the pay wall that will make us all a little pissed (I'm going to go ahead and call it...TNT will choose to show some random Manchester United group game against Red Bull Salzburg over a much more interesting game just because it's Manchester United) but it won't be the norm.

As for the Europa League...let's be honest. No one cares except for the fans of a few teams who happen to make the QFs. No one gives a crap about EL group games and more often then not, the "big" clubs that get knocked into the EL due to their CL failures treat it as an afterthought that distracts them from their top 4 finish in their league. The only occasional exception is when a team like United or Arsenal actually need to succeed in the EL in order to make next year's CL.

So, no I'm not happy that I can't just casually turn on the TV and watch Qarabag vs. Maccabi Tel Aviv in the background while I work but I know I'm not going to miss the games that are really important. And if I have to throw down $2.99 a couple of times a year to watch United because they were relegated to the paywall...well, that's annoying but it's not THAT big of a deal.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I'd pay good money for this.

I want to see Chuck making fun of the women in Madrid for eating too many churrros
gambochaman
AG
so i am watching the Super cup on TNT

who are these jokers? they have as much emotion as a pile of wet straw
ja86
AG
It was not as bad as I thought it could be, but I had the sound off most of the time.
Gigem Trevas
How to guide.
Go to reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/
Download Soda Player
Click which game you wish to watch
Copy and paste the link for the game from the soccerstreams link into Soda Player.
Profit.
Every game you could think you would want to watch will be shown and normally 720p-1080p.
wangus12
AG
Now it looks like FA Cup matches are gonna only be on ESPN+
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.