Tottenham Hotspur 2018 - 2019 thread

54,047 Views | 948 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BBallAggie06
Bryan98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd like to keep Lloris, but if PSG is gonna throw some of their insane transfer money at us, I might consider it.
"Texas - It's still America down here!"
agsalaska
AG
I want Gareth Bale.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Bryan98
AG
agsalaska said:

I want Gareth Bale.
I would love to see him revitalize his career here, but would he gel with the squad? And how much of his wage bill would we be responsible for? We have other, more pressing needs to address with our budget. RB for sure, but we seem to be shopping at LB for some reason. If Eriksen or Alderweireld leave, we'll need people to fill their very large shoes.

I like him, I just don't see it happening financially.
BarryProfit
So are Houston folks gonna watch the final at Pimlico? Is that place kid friendly? My son will want to watch it with me.
Beau Bevers
AG
I will always love Bale, but I don't think he would be a good fit now. One of the biggest complaints from RM is that he doesn't have a very high tactical IQ. He likes to play off his cannon left foot, and has a hard time adjusting to a system that is not centered around that. AVB essentially built the team around Bale almost exclusively going to his left, which resulted in some spectacular goals and some average Spurs teams. I don't think he will fit with Poch.
Bryan98
AG
BarryProfit said:

So are Houston folks gonna watch the final at Pimlico? Is that place kid friendly? My son will want to watch it with me.
I'm assuming that, unless we move to a larger venue or something. There were a TON of people at the Liverpool watch party last year for the final, but that's Liverpool, obviously. My friend is a regular and he told me they might have less than a dozen folks for a regular league game but there were hundreds for that event.

I have no idea what the rules are on Pimlico and kids; I'd just call and ask them. I've seen kids at places like the Phoenix on Westheimer before.
jeffk
AG
Hi
Chef Demas 2020
AG
I would be a fan of choosing a bigger location...I went for the game against Ajax and it was full.

Add in that this is the championship, against Liverpool, and on a Saturday instead of midweek.....I think it will be huge.
eiggA2002
AG
The former official LFC bar in Houston was so crowded, but it was an awesome atmosphere. They took space in the parking garage next door and set up a massive screen there. Basically, it's going to be way more crowded than you'd think. There were people there at 9am.
Bryan98
AG
salloh_tamu said:

I would be a fan of choosing a bigger location...I went for the game against Ajax and it was full.

Add in that this is the championship, against Liverpool, and on a Saturday instead of midweek.....I think it will be huge.
I just asked this question of the Houston Spurs' twitter account. I'll let y'all know what they say.
Chef Demas 2020
AG
Sweet, thank you!

Pitch 25 is huge and would be pretty cool....
Bryan98
AG
salloh_tamu said:

Sweet, thank you!

Pitch 25 is huge and would be pretty cool....
That place will probably be at capacity without us, so I don't think it would be a good choice for a group.
Chef Demas 2020
AG
haha I know, you're right. What are some places that would be big enough but not already over crowded?
Bryan98
AG
salloh_tamu said:

haha I know, you're right. What are some places that would be big enough but not already over crowded?

You have accurately rendered the question of the hour!

I'm not involved in the planning or anything, I'm just an occasional attendee.
DeangeloVickers
AG
DeangeloVickers
AG
DeangeloVickers
AG
gougler08
AG
He's nothing if not consistent
titanmaster_race
He's absolutely right
OregonAggie
AG
If y'all go another summer without making significant signings then he needs to go. The fact he extended his contract last, I thought, was a sign spurs were going to open the purse strings...then y'all literally did nothing.

No way he sticks around if he doesn't get a good transfer budget this summer and he shouldn't.
Bryan98
AG
Had my birthday this weekend. Received a Tottenham scarf and a 2015-16 home kit with Son on the back.
BBallAggie06
AG
Anyone know of a pub on the NW side of Houston, Cypress or Tomball where there's usually a decent contingent of Spurs supporters? Looking for a plan B in case I can't make it to Pimlico
Rudyjax
AG
Beau Bevers
AG
And the scum lost in the UEL final. No matter what happens Saturday, that will always provide a little more comfort for the summer.
t - cam
AG
No doubt I was getting nervous that they would win and go in on our lack of hardware if we fall short on Saturday.

Bryan98
AG
Beau Bevers said:

And the scum lost in the UEL final. No matter what happens Saturday, that will always provide a little more comfort for the summer.

Our making the CL final and them turning into a perennial Europa League team (next year will be their third in a row!) is pretty tasty, particularly when you consider the effect on desirability for potential transfers.
Chef Demas 2020
AG
SOON....COYS
t - cam
AG
I'm not going to sleep tonight.

Chef Demas 2020
AG
Anyone going to Pimlico?
jeffk
AG
Hi
byfLuger41
AG
jeffk said:

Hi
2017 World Series Champions - Houston Astros
Bryan98
AG
salloh_tamu said:

Anyone going to Pimlico?
HELL YEAH! Little concerned that it'll fill up before I get there. Say hey if you go - I'll be the guy with his arm in a sling (shoulder surgery).

Gonna wear my 2015-16 home kit (blue sash). Today I'm wearing my Spurple Camo jersey.
titanmaster_race
Matchday!
Beau Bevers
AG
I can't believe it's happening today. Let's do this. COYS!
Kramer
AG
What channel/time?
"The only happy Aggie is an unhappy Aggie." Shelby Metcalf

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.