Tottenham Hotspur 2018 - 2019 thread

54,028 Views | 948 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BBallAggie06
Beau Bevers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That is a great result. Man U is up early on Chelski, which, outside of a draw, is good for us, as well.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Tie
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
So 2 to play

TOT 70
CHE 68
ARS 66
MUN 65
Bryan98
AG
Nice of our rivals to not take advantage of our loss. Now can we please finish the season strong?
"Texas - It's still America down here!"
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
vs ajax 2 what is this for ?
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

vs ajax 2 what is this for ?
what???

you mean 2pm vs Ajax... and what is this competition for????

It's the SEMIFINALS of the Champions League (first leg of home/home).

(Only the biggest prize in club soccer)

BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Thanks. just wasn't sure about the two legs - you answered . Of course i knew about the Champions league;

Just didn't think it was this soon - and in the middle of the week ! DMNews not full of info .
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

Thanks. just wasn't sure about the two legs - you answered . Of course i knew about the Champions league;

Just didn't think it was this soon - and in the middle of the week ! DMNews not full of info .

ahhh. gotcha.

Yeah they play the CL mostly midweek - but that's primetime over in Europe cuz it's 6-7 hours later so makes sense for bigger matches. And they keep the domestic club games on weekends.

2nd leg is next week Wednesday at Ajax.

BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Thanks again, Zombie . I thought for sure there would be a discussion of the most important game so far .
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

AGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I was booked on a flight out at 5:30 pm meaning I could watch the game and leave my house at 4pm after the game and still make. I'm close to Love Field and always leave 1.5 hours before flight.

SW just notified me they cancelled my flight. I had to get an earlier one because that is all that is available leaving at 4pm. So I gotta leave by 2:30 now and record the rest of it.

Ugh. thanks a lot.

Rudyjax
AG
Stream on your phone?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Rudyjax said:

Stream on your phone?
yeah... i can while driving (and just listen) and then at the airport i can catch the second half at the gate most likely. Gonna drain my batteries though. I'll plug in during drive and try to at the gate also.

lol

Rudyjax
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Rudyjax said:

Stream on your phone?
yeah... i can while driving (and just listen) and then at the airport i can catch the second half at the gate most likely. Gonna drain my batteries though. I'll plug in during drive and try to at the gate also.

lol

Bet you could find it in a bar at the airport.

Or, you could just wait a couple of hours and stay off SM and watch it when you get to the hotel .
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Rudyjax said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Rudyjax said:

Stream on your phone?

lol

Bet you could find it in a bar at the airport.

Or, you could just wait a couple of hours and stay off SM and watch it when you get to the hotel .
yeah i've set it to record on my DTV Now cloud DVR. I can ignore this thread. But ym phone gives sports updates too. I'll have to dismiss them without reading.

Rudyjax
AG
airplane mode
Beau Bevers
AG
We are definitely getting it handed to us early on.
Beau Bevers
AG
Goal Ajax

Ajax 1-0 Spurs 15'
Rudyjax
AG
If you're going to have VAR, get it right.

That was offsides.

And even if he was inline, the other player, while not touchiing the ball, affected the play.

And I'm not a spurs fan.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Totallly outclassed

Wanyama and Llorente are massive liabilities at this stage...
Bryan98
AG
Llorente can't run with the ball and he can't pass. However, he has fabulous hips!
DeangeloVickers
AG
Damn
Rudyjax
AG
Took towards the end of the half to put anything together.

That away goal is huge.
Chef Demas 2020
AG
Wanayama is lost....

We are desperately missing Kane and Son....can't get anything going.
OregonAggie
AG
I think this Ajax team may win the whole damn thing. They gave Bayern everything they could handle then knocked off Juve and Real. They're also the most exciting team to watch without a doubt.

They're the last team I'd want to be matched up with.

I think the announcers are right: you've gotta rely on solid defense and balls in the box. Intensity all around the field needs to step up too. Dramatically.
DeangeloVickers
AG
They are letting Trippier play awful ball after awful ball in.

Let's try Rose's side...it's amazing what Sissoko has done...we are so much bigger than them
DeangeloVickers
AG
Kane is perfect to play against this Ajax team

Very encourage about 2nd leg with Son back
DeangeloVickers
AG
Very impressive what they've done. Someone is gonna pay big $$$ for De Light

Hustle and grit wins out...hope Jan is okay

No transfers haunts us....gotta stay in top 4 at least
jeffk
AG
Getting out of there only down one goal with that start and that squad is an accomplishment.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Throw the kitchen sink at them in the road match.

Need 2 goal minimum.
Dre_00
Sissoko coming in really changed the game. If it's any solace, that was probably the worst Ajax has looked in the knockout stages. If Spurs can recreate that 2nd half in Amsterdam, they'll have a shot.
DeangeloVickers
AG
t - cam
AG
Sissoko is amazing. Can't believe how the game completely changed when he came in.
Socrates05
AG
Once Sissoko came on and we moved away from the ridiculous 5 man back line, plus actually giving Wanyama some midfield support, we looked alright. Took control, just toothless upfront. That is with a knackered Wanyama and the waste of space that is Trippier. Tough result but could have been much worse.

Winks surgery is concerning but it looks like we'll have at least one CM healthy in Sissoko with Son back for some attacking threat giving us a chance in the away leg. If Kane or even Lamela is back then better to chase a late goal.

Llorente played well today but drastically changes the setup. Rose and Trippier's terrible crossing only exacerbated this. The key though for me is Dele and Eriksen have been neutered by moving them back because of lack of bodies. It just wasn't an option with Sissoko and Winks out, Wanyama crocked, and Dier recovering. Get two of those healthy enough and you will see such an improvement.

In the return it has to be a back 4-2-3-1. Foyth has earned a start with Davinson if Jan can't go. Sissoko must play, besides Dier by necessity. Son up top, with Lucas in support and Dele and Christian freed up to attack.

All we need is two! CoYS!
Bryan98
AG
Don't even need two in regular time. We just need to be winning by one at the end of 90 minutes to nullify their away goal. 1-0 sends us to extra time, 2-1 wins the tie outright.

I really think we're gonna do it. Son back, Sissoko starting...REALLY hope Jan is fit but they shouldn't play any games with that. Come On You Spurs!

PS Please take whatever ManU is offering for Trippier and buy some new blood this summer.
Rudyjax
AG
Any updates on the Tongan?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.