Tottenham Hotspur 2018 - 2019 thread

54,029 Views | 948 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BBallAggie06
Beau Bevers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nothing is more unreliable than English football gossip blogs. If it's not from BBC Sport, Sky Sports, or Eurosport UK, consider it the National Enquirer.
Ronnie Mund
Did you click the link? It's news on a betting line shifting dramatically, not really gossip. Either way, hope he stays.
Beau Bevers
AG
I did click and read it. It's pretty standard fare for what qualifies as football "news" over there. Again, nothing to see.
Ronnie Mund
Beau Bevers said:

I did click and read it.
I'm sure you did after your post.
Beau Bevers
AG
No, I didn't.
Ronnie Mund
Uh huh
Beau Bevers
AG
I don't get it. You're calling me a liar because I don't believe the premise of the article you linked?
theNetSmith
AG
Ryno01 said:

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I will be in attendance for the Tottenham/Barca match at the Rose Bowl tomorrow night. I like Tottenham, but my youngest son is a much bigger fan of the club. Apart from Eriksen and Son, I don't really know who to watch for. Any recommendations?
Ronnie Mund
Beau Bevers said:

I don't get it. You're calling me a liar because I don't believe the premise of the article you linked?
You don't believe the "premise" that actual odds are shifting?

I believe Kane stays, but money makes odds shift and that is interesting. Same thing happened with Kawhi/Raptors. Doesn't make it any less real because you think Kane stays.
Ronnie Mund
theNetSmith said:

Ryno01 said:

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I will be in attendance for the Tottenham/Barca match at the Rose Bowl tomorrow night. I like Tottenham, but my youngest son is a much bigger fan of the club. Apart from Eriksen and Son, I don't really know who to watch for. Any recommendations?
Lucas Moura
theNetSmith
AG
Wow... fast and scrappy is Lucas...

Beau Bevers
AG
Ronnie Mund said:

Beau Bevers said:

I believe Kane stays, but money makes odds shift and that is interesting. Same thing happened with Kawhi/Raptors. Doesn't make it any less real because you think Kane stays.

The Daily Express is a mid-level tabloid in England. There are no other articles making the same claim as what you posted.

No one is concerned with Kane being transferred to United. There is nothing to the article.
Ronnie Mund
Beau Bevers said:

Ronnie Mund said:

Beau Bevers said:

The Daily Express is a mid-level tabloid in England. There are no other articles making the same claim as what you posted.

No one is concerned with Kane being transferred to United. There is nothing to the article.
You can check odds and see that they are shifting. There doesn't need to be an article for that. It's ok that you don't believe the odds are shifting, I think he stays too.
Beau Bevers
AG
Fair enough
theNetSmith
AG
Howdy from the Rose Bowl. Will post some pics on Monday when I get back.
wangus12
AG
The view on the tv sucks.
theNetSmith
AG
theNetSmith said:

I got a lot of pics at the Rose Bowl and will hopefully post them soon. Yesterday didn't go as planned.

The game itself was fantastic. In spite of a number of decent Spurs chances in the first half, Barca was in control, going up 2-0, but the second half was a different story. Granted, Barcelona made 8 subs at the half, but their backups were more than capable. Tottenham played with much greater intensity and determination than they showed in the first half, tying it up and forcing kicks from the mark to decide the game.

Eriksen nearly scored on 2 free kicks. One was tipped wide by the Barca keeper in the first half and the latter was off the post in the 2nd half. It was truly amazing to see such world-class strikes from distance.

Son had a goal, but he did not appear to be 100% for much of the game, and he pulled up lame at one point (but stayed in). I felt like the outcome would have been different had he been playing at top form.

Lucas Moura was fantastic on the ball, dribbling through 4-5 Barca players at one point in the first half with amazing control and pace. This happened practically right in front of us, which made it even more special.

I have been to a Chelsea-West Brom match at The Hawthorns in Birmingham, and nothing in the U.S. will ever rival that, but I was very pleased with the crowd and the overall experience. The atmosphere at the Rose Bowl was incredible, from the pre-game "fan experience" to the in-game crowd behavior/reactions. After the final whistle, the Spurs came to the corner of the field where the largest concentration of Tottenham fans were seated and thanked them.

Tim
aznaggiegirl07
AG
theNetSmith said:

theNetSmith said:

I got a lot of pics at the Rose Bowl and will hopefully post them soon. Yesterday didn't go as planned.

The game itself was fantastic. In spite of a number of decent Spurs chances in the first half, Barca was in control, going up 2-0, but the second half was a different story. Granted, Barcelona made 8 subs at the half, but their backups were more than capable. Tottenham played with much greater intensity and determination than they showed in the first half, tying it up and forcing kicks from the mark to decide the game.

Eriksen nearly scored on 2 free kicks. One was tipped wide by the Barca keeper in the first half and the latter was off the post in the 2nd half. It was truly amazing to see such world-class strikes from distance.

Son had a goal, but he did not appear to be 100% for much of the game, and he pulled up lame at one point (but stayed in). I felt like the outcome would have been different had he been playing at top form.

Lucas Moura was fantastic on the ball, dribbling through 4-5 Barca players at one point in the first half with amazing control and pace. This happened practically right in front of us, which made it even more special.

I have been to a Chelsea-West Brom match at The Hawthorns in Birmingham, and nothing in the U.S. will ever rival that, but I was very pleased with the crowd and the overall experience. The atmosphere at the Rose Bowl was incredible, from the pre-game "fan experience" to the in-game crowd behavior/reactions. After the final whistle, the Spurs came to the corner of the field where the largest concentration of Tottenham fans were seated and thanked them.

Tim
To be fair, Son has to go play in another tournament and basically battle for his life...So maybe that's why he held back..
whitehart
Anyone know of stream for Girona game today?
Ronnie Mund
https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/comments/94jyza/1800_gmt_girona_vs_tottenham_hotspur/
whitehart
Good man! Thanks.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Transfer Day Update
t - cam
AG
Haha, I really don't care. Not sure what we add other than depth.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Keeping em was WAY more important so that's a win. I do think our PLAN B for players is pretty scary...but our first team is amaIng

And really hoping we see some new contracts for Eriksen and Alli

And it's never happened before that no one out and no one in.
bobinator
AG
Who's ready to rage* and get this party started?

*- Rage meaning get to bed early so I can wake up early tomorrow.
t - cam
AG
I have gotten myself all fired up for more Lucas Mora!! Who cares if your added in January or August?
Bryan98
AG
bobinator said:

Who's ready to rage* and get this party started?

*- Rage meaning get to bed early so I can wake up early tomorrow.
This is my exact plan. We'll see how it works out.

EDIT: Does anyone here go to the Houston Spurs watch parties? They're at Bar Munich. I'm definitely not going to make it there for a 6:30am game, but I do want to check it out at some point.
bobinator
AG
I've been to games with the Austin Spurs but not Houston yet, the Austin crew definitely rolls hard.

They have a drink special where you get a lone star and a shot of whiskey for 5 bucks and more than few of those went down for a 6 AM kick.
titanmaster_race
Why did the club announce during the transfer window that they were listening to trades for Alderweireld and Dembele? Have I missed something? Those are two pretty crucial players.
t - cam
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Why did the club announce during the transfer window that they were listening to trades for Alderweireld and Dembele? Have I missed something? Those are two pretty crucial players.

Trades? Alderwiereld has one year left on his deal and wants hardware. We probably should have sold him. Dembele is a bench player that is trying to get a final large pay day.
DeangeloVickers
AG

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
bobinator
AG
Meant to post in here earlier to check in but was making breakfast tacos and moving sprinklers around. At least there's been quite a bit of action since it's an early one.
mike_ags_fan12
2-1 at the 52nd min
bobinator
AG
If I were a Newcastle fan I'd like the toughness they play with. Definitely not just sitting back and letting our boys outskill them.
gougler08
AG
This has been an even match, Newcastle look much better than I expected

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.