*** FIFA 2026 Vote ***

3,399 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by akm91
Not a Bot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FIFA meeting will start in Moscow at 1am CT Wednesday.

The voting will take place at the end of the meeting, as early as 3am, likely a bit later.

Live on FS1 and FIFA Youtube channel.

This will be nerve racking given the typical FIFA corruption and current state of geopolitics. They haven't exactly been voting for the best bids on paper.

Days like this don't come along very often. I'll probably be wide awake all night watching.

https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/06/12/world-cup-2026-host-bid-vote-live-stream-time-tv-channel
wangus12
AG
I have zero faith in FIFA making a competent decision so I'll find out in the morning
Not a Bot
AG
They are voting on all these measures electronically via an app.

In Russia.

This will go well.
Not a Bot
AG
Test question: Is the 2018 World Cup in Russia?

Apparently 5% answered no.
Not a Bot
AG
Winner!

WC coming back!
who?mikejones
AG
We got it
These are my people, Americans.
Not a Bot
AG
134-65

I think a lot of folks were thinking it was closer.
gambochaman
AG
YYYYEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
JJxvi
AG
Still on track for my USA in the world cup final on July 4, 2026
dallas ag
AG
Does that mean the US gets an auto bid for 2026? What about Mexico and Canada?
Gig 'em!
JJxvi
AG
Probably. The World Cup is expanding to 48 teams though, so the days of Mexico or USA being in danger of not qualifying are probably over
Olsen
AG
I'm assuming that Mexico and Canada have auto bids as well with the US. It's an entire continent bid that's made up of 3 countries.
jeffk
MB19
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

I'm assuming that Mexico and Canada have auto bids as well with the US. It's an entire continent bid that's made up of 3 countries.
This. Canada and Mexico will host 10 games each and the USA will host 60 games. The Final is projected to be at MetLife Stadium in the Meadowlands. It's an automatic bid for all three nations. We won because all of our infrastructure is already in place. Morocco was going to have a massive construction project for the next 8 years. Given that is the case for Qatar in 2022, I suspect a whole lot of folks were wanting to avoid that scenario again.
wangus12
AG
Definitely autobids with the expanded field.

Start saving for tickets now fellas
akm91
AG
wangus12 said:

Definitely autobids with the expanded field.

Start saving for tickets now fellas
No kidding! Still pretty damn awesome. Will need to hit up my brother in law to make sure I get tickets. He has connections and got really good tickets for Brazil '14 and for Russia '18.
wangus12
AG
The nice thing is that Jerry World will probably host 4-5 games at least so I can go right down the road
BenderRodriguez
AG
Really excited we're hosting.
Brick Tamland
Might be cheaper to go to another game in another state
Mathguy64
AG
On Sirius XM this morning they said US Soccer confirmed that there were 3 automatic qualifier slots for the 3 teams. They also said the 60-10-10 split of games was subject to change; FIFA could decide to alter that mix later.
jeffk
AG
Atlanta-Nashville is a intriguing pairing.
akm91
AG
Yeah, Orlando will probably get a game. Hopefully it'll be Brazil since there is a huge amount of Brazilian's here.
wangus12
AG
Not once you include airfare and hotels.
wangus12
AG
Here's your stadium list that will be narrowed down to 11-12 I think

Quote:

Atlanta (Mercedes-Benz Stadium), Baltimore (M&T Bank Stadium), Boston (Gillette Stadium), Cincinnati (Paul Brown Stadium), Dallas (AT&T Stadium), Denver (Sports Authority Field), Houston (NRG Stadium), Kansas City (Arrowhead Stadium), Los Angeles (Rose Bowl and the new NFL stadium), Miami (Hard Rock Stadium), Nashville (Nissan Stadium), New York (MetLife Stadium), Orlando (Camping World Stadium), Philadelphia (Lincoln Financial Field), San Jose (Levi's Stadium), Seattle (Century Link Field) and Washington (FedEx Field).
Gordo14
gambochaman
AG
has anyone found a vote split? they displayed it briefly in the congress but i couldnt really see
JJxvi
AG
Basically the entire western hemisphere voted for us (except Brazil). Seems like Africa voted mostly for Morrocco, Europe and Asia majority to us. Its hard to tell. Overall we got 2/3
gambochaman
AG
https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload/voting-results-for-the-2026-fifa-world-cup.pdf?cloudid=vpnl19m2xr8zk50mnor3

found the breakdown
gambochaman
AG
so Spain, Slovenia and Cuba abstained

Iran was the pouty face that voted for none of the bids

surprised to see some of the major powers like France, Netherlands, Belgium and Italy vote for Morocco
jeffk
AG
I figure some of the Southern European nations voted for Morocco hoping its proximity would benefit their own economies
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
**** YEAAAAA

Any predictions on the stadiums?

I'm thinking:

USA
  • LA Coliseum / Rose Bowl
  • Cowboys Stadium
  • Metlife Stadium

Mexico
  • Estadio Azteca (Mexico City)
  • Estadio BBVA Bancomer (Monterrey)

Whatever stadiums Canada has.
JJxvi
AG
FIFA can apparently decide on a different mix. But the Canadian and Mexican stadiums preferred by the bid group are set already.

Azteca (Mexico City), Estadio BBVA (Monterrey), Estadio Akron (Guadalajara), BMO Field ( Toronto), Olympic Stadium (Montreal), and Commonwealth Stadium (Edmonton)

10 cities expected to host games in the United States, and I think there are like 20+ stadiums curently in consideration.

My guesses would be

NY/NJ (Final)
LA (Opening US Match)
Dallas
Houston
Miami
Philadelphia
Atlanta
Palo Alto
Seattle
DC
gambochaman
AG
Boston is going to figure in there too
Denver?
JJxvi
AG
It's easier to pick 12 cities. It's hard to leave Denver out. Kansas City I would think would be a good site as well. I might drop Philly honestly, out of the group I picked. Boston, I think is unlikely. Its a high profile city I guess, but I dont think the stadium is really up to snuff for FIFA matches, and I believe its maximum field size is small.
gougler08
AG
JJxvi said:

FIFA can apparently decide on a different mix. But the Canadian and Mexican stadiums preferred by the bid group are set already.

Azteca (Mexico City), Estadio BBVA (Monterrey), Estadio Akron (Guadalajara), BMO Field ( Toronto), Olympic Stadium (Montreal), and Commonwealth Stadium (Edmonton)

10 cities expected to host games in the United States, and I think there are like 20+ stadiums curently in consideration.

My guesses would be

NY/NJ (Final)
LA (Opening US Match)
Dallas
Houston
Miami
Philadelphia
Atlanta
Palo Alto
Seattle
DC
That seems like a weird choice considering Vancouver or Calgary would make more sense from a host city, but maybe their stadiums suck
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.