As if I needed a reason to hate her more

2,180 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good 'ol Hope doesn't want the World Cup here

http://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-world-cup/story/3519765/hope-solo-fifa-should-not-vote-us-as-host-of-2026-world-cup
jeffk
AG
Hope, FIFA doesn't actually care about any of the things they say they care about.
PatAg
AG
If you read her comments, she lives in a fantasy world
Bryan98
AG
Man, she is really embracing this heel turn!

By the way, how does she have any faith in FIFA after accusing their top executive (Blatter) of sexually assaulting her?
akm91
AG
She's trying too hard to stay relevant.
aznaggiegirl07
AG
I feel bad for her. I feel she got penalized way too harshly.
jeffk
AG
I did see that she was cleared of all her domestic violence charges. Sadly, that fact won't get reported 1/10th as much as the initial event did.
AgGrad99
AG
I read that article earlier.

Not a very well thought out opinion.

Yes, you might hate the USSF...but you dont punish an entire country, and stunt the sports' growth here because of that.
gambochaman
AG
What a moronic statement
Her reasoning is completelt devoid of logic good grief
TheMasterplan
aznaggiegirl07 said:

I feel bad for her. I feel she got penalized way too harshly.
True. She spoke in a time of emotion so I can get that. And she's right about the media not reporting on her charges being dropped. Welcome to what it's like to being a man being accused of rape and then charges being dropped. Media doesn't report on it either.

Despite my disagreements with her, she actually tried to make change and run for president. I give her that. She didn't just stand on the sidelines.
ColoradoMooseHerd
jeffk said:

I did see that she was cleared of all her domestic violence charges. Sadly, that fact won't get reported 1/10th as much as the initial event did.
The charges were dropped because the family members are tired of the case and no longer will testify. They said they wanted the family to move on.

She was not cleared.

Also it was reported on, but the incident still happened. Do you feel good about Kobe because he paid the accuser millions of dollars and she would no longer cooperate with the investigation?
jeffk
AG
Dropped, not cleared. Thanks for the correction.

And no, I don't "feel good" about Kobe paying off the 19 year old girl he assaulted to avoid prosecution. Solo isn't someone who I'd ever choose to be around, but her getting drunk and fighting with her 17 year old nephew (who's the size of an NFL D-end) doesn't quite compare with Kobe raping a hotel employee.
EastSideAg2002
jessexy
AG
She's her own worst enemy. Maybe she didn't deserve to get such a harsh suspension for the comments, but that was like the 15th incident with her. I can see the USWNT and USSF just doing that so she would go away. Of course, she didn't
Dre_00
Hope's a 37 year old who acts like a 17 year old and will act like a 17 year old when she's 87 year's old.
Cancelled
AG
She showed the world her butthole.
aTm papi
The only thing I agree with is that there should be relegation and promotion in the MLS.
gambochaman
AG
HEY HOPE, SUCK IT
jeffk
AG
Honestly, her endorsement of Morocco probably was enough to put us over the top.
Mathguy64
AG
aTm papi said:

The only thing I agree with is that there should be relegation and promotion in the MLS.
I agree Hope Solo is a tool but I dont ever see Pro/rel happening here. The teams dont own the stadiums the cities do. The only way you can get to pro/rel is if the teams (i.e. the owners) buy the stadiums. And buy at full construction plus appreciation (including interest in construction bonds). You also have the problem of owners who bought into MLS with the up front franchise fees they pay MLS. That has to end and you pay back the ones who did buy in. And MLS doesnt have the money to pay them back.
TXAggie2011
AG
I don't think promotion and relegation is realistic right now; but that aside, I also don't think its going to be quite the nirvana that some people think it would be. That's not to say it wouldn't help some, but I think there are more important things to figure out.
TXAggie2011
AG
By the way, why do games played by teams trying to qualify for the MLS playoffs so often get overlooked by the proponents of promotion/relegation when talking about creating increasing meaningful games?

I watch these commentators sometimes that talk about how MLS doesn't prepare its players to, say, get a result so to advance to the World Cup...they say prior to the playoffs themselves, MLS doesn't put players in must-get-a-result situations...

...seems to me having your mid-to-bottom teams playing to qualify for a knockout tournaments seems pretty analogous to mid-to-bottom hexagonal teams playing to qualify for, well, a knockout tournament.

Just something that bugs me pretty consistently when I see discussions.
PatAg
AG
I think people sometimes make the jump that, because Europe has promo/relegation..and europe has better teams than we do...that we must then have promo/relegation to get better.

Personally, I don't think we ever get to the point where we could pull it off. I also don't remember any teams ever really 'tanking" in the MLS either.
If anything, they could shrink the # of teams in the playoffs, or go to single table/no playoff model to increase the meaning on regular season play.
AgGrad99
AG
I would love to have that system here, but it's not feasible. We're still trying to build our main league, much less build quality second tier leagues.

In Europe, even if your team is relegated, the rabid fan base doesn't abandon the team (in general). Sometimes you see them rallying behind the team more, hoping for promotion. It reminds me of college football here in the US.

We're a long way from that type of dedicated support, and a team can't survive long if no one supports them.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Hope !
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.