* Liverpool 2018-2019 Thread *

86,882 Views | 1475 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by OregonAggie
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Alright guys. I'm with ya'll

jeffk
AG
Delete your account.
jeffk
AG
Seriously though, I don't know if our bandwagon can handle that sort of bad juju.
wangus12
AG
Straight up, I will consider buying one of you guys a jersey if ya'll win. We cannot handle anymore **** going wrong in North London
jeffk
AG
Fine, I'll let you buy me a purple drank Mane kit if we win.
TheStunned
wangus12 said:

https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/59798952_2680685631948284_6975777988289757184_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=cfa9abb21317b9377dfed24a5913af81&oe=5D69D7FE

Don't think I've seen anything uglier in my life.
byfLuger41
AG
Just win!
2017 World Series Champions - Houston Astros
jeffk
AG
So Kane may be healthy by June 1 and we should get Bobby and Mo back by then too.
wangus12
AG
jeffk said:

So Kane may be healthy by June 1 and we should get Bobby and Mo back by then too.
You might want that. Spurs have actually been pretty dang good when Kane hasn't played because they seemed to be forcing everything through him.
AG@RICE
AG
wangus12 said:

jeffk
OregonAggie
jeffk
AG
VVD got another player of the year award.
BenderRodriguez
AG
I've been watching Liverpool since the early 2000s.

This team, this season has been the most fun to watch of any of them, including the 05 Istanbul team.

No matter what happens, it's been a hell of a season. I've loved watching it.
joemeister
aeroag14
AG
City down by 1

Reds up by 1

LETS GOOOOO!

toucan82
not sure I can handle this
aeroag14
AG
Annnnnnd city tied it up.

Aguero of course
toucan82
of course

of course
Out in Left Field
aeroag14
AG
City up

It was only a matter of time with how the game was going
Out in Left Field
AG
Welp
Out in Left Field
AG
Almost with a freekick
Out in Left Field
AG
All over but the crying
toucan82
welp

still a good season with a chance to win a pretty big trophy
OregonAggie
AG
Hell of a season in the Premier League. 2nd always sucks but it still isn't over for us.

Let's bring that trophy back from Madrid boys!
jeffk
AG
Third highest point total in EPL history (City this year and last). Outstanding season and still a title game to come.

ChipFTAC01
AG
The crowd as they realized that City was losing was incredible.

Hell of a game and he'll of a season. As they said during the game, I don't even know what upgrades I'd try and make in the off-season.
AG@RICE
AG
Need a proper back up to Bobby and maybe a backup LB or RB.

Starters are set though. I'd roll the 1st team out against any other in the world with confidence they could win.
OregonAggie
AG
AG@RICE said:

Need a proper back up to Bobby and maybe a backup LB or RB.

Starters are set though. I'd roll the 1st team out against any other in the world with confidence they could win.

100%. I actually think we should get rid of Shaqiri and hopefully Origi/Brewster can backup the whole front line. Shaqiri hasn't seemed to fit in Klopp's plans for a while now. We could certainly use a backup outside back for TAA and Robertson. It would be awesome if we could find a replacement that could play either side but I don't know how common that is. Hell I wish Milner was a little faster as he can do that.

It wouldn't upset me to see us keep basically the same roster into next year. Lovren could probably be moved too and perhaps move up one of the young CBs.
joemeister
AG
Moreno is out of contract and I don't think Milner or Gomes are ideal second choice fullbacks. Having Ox back to full health should help provide depth at attacking mid (he was firmly in the starting 11 last season when he got hurt). I'm hoping that Keita continues to improve next season and we keep the front 3 and back 4 together. The only player I've seen consistent rumors about leaving is Mane to Real.

We've been heavily linked with Timo Werner from RB Leipzig. If Mane were to leave, I hope we go all in for him. There are also a good number of younger players in the system that have shown serious attacking promise. Rhian Brewster and Ben Woodburn have shown serious talent.

The biggest separator between City and Liverpool this year was City's depth. Need to continue bringing in quality players that fit the system.
OregonAggie
AG
One "Good" thing about Mane leaving, if there is one, would be the transfer fee they pay for him. He'd be damn expensive.
deadbq03
AG
And you'd be able to get Werner on the cheap since he's entering the last year of his contract, still hasn't extended, and supposedly has initial terms worked out with Bayern for when his contract lapses. Leipzig are very keen on a) not letting him go for free, and b) not letting him go to Bayern at all... so it's highly likely that he's gonna get sold for a discount this summer to a team outside Germany.

But there's hopeful speculation that he might actually extend at Leipzig if certain release clauses are put in place... Liverpool would most certainly make the list of teams with a release clause, but rumors are that the clauses would be for next summer and beyond. The club desperately wants to keep him for incoming coach Nagelsmann's first year, and supposedly there's interest the other way too, with Werner wanting to play for him.
jeffk
AG
Wish we could have seen Ox play a full game with this roster towards the end of the season just so I'd know if he was a viable candidate to start in the midfield next year or if we'll need to get a player on the market this summer.

Mane will fetch a heavy price if he does depart - him co-winning the golden boot was actually a really fortunate development for him/us. Other than him, are there any starters or regular subs we think will leave? Shaqiri maybe (I actually really like him if he's okay with coming off the bench)? Or Gomez?
joemeister
AG
I'm guessing the plan with Gomez is for him to be the long-term CB partner to VVD. He was first choice CB for the first half of the season.

I think Sturridge is an obvious candidate for a move. He proved he can stay healthy for a full year, granted with very reduced minutes. Origi is a much more flexible player, has the speed and work rate to play on the wing, showed in the last two games that he does a good job tracking back and holding onto the ball when he plays center forward. Much like Milner and Fabinho, the ability to play multiple positions adds a lot of value to the team.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.