* Liverpool 2018-2019 Thread *

86,848 Views | 1475 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by OregonAggie
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
100% yes.
Dalton Hughes
Staff
AG
Got Porto
jeffk
eiggA2002
AG
I'll take that! If we advance, we get the winner of Barca v United. Spurs got City. Juve v Ajax.
jeffk
AG
The salt from the rest of the EPL fans is amazing.
FriedTex
AG
Hopefully Spurs will beat up City along the way to make them slip in the league
gig them
AG
jeffk said:

The salt from the rest of the EPL fans is amazing.

It gives me life.
OregonAggie
AG
Well hell yes!!
jeffk
AG
I love the "LFC got a dream draw again" stuff. Like we just played Bayern two days ago!
BenderRodriguez
AG
jeffk said:

I love the "LFC got a dream draw again" stuff. Like we just played Bayern two days ago!

And we had a super easy group draw too.
eiggA2002
AG
Seriously get over it. Group of Death then Bayern Munich! If anyone has gotten off easy it's been City. An absolute crap group, crap round of 16 opponent, and finally a legitimate opponent. I think they play Spurs 3 times in 11 days. No one left is an easy out. Play the games and stop whining!!!
OregonAggie
AG
jeffk said:

We got out of a group with Napoli and PSG, and beat Bayern. If only we had Schalke in the round of 16 to up our strength of schedule so to speak.

Porto is going to come to play and their schedule this far has been pretty dang easy. Can't wait for the next round to start!
jeffk
AG
Get on up!
OregonAggie
AG
LETS DO THIS BOYS
Out in Left Field
OregonAggie
AG
I'm nervous as **** now
Out in Left Field
OregonAggie
AG
I'm as big a fan of Salah as anyone here but he's been playing selfishly lately. I get tired of watching players play selfishly. Too many opportunities to make a pass or cross yet he tries to dribble by people himself.
OregonAggie
AG
Hey all I had to do was complain!
jeffk
AG
Mo is definitely pressing to get out of his scoreless slump, but he's also creating some amazing opportunities for Mane and others. Hope he gets on the score sheet soon though.
AG@RICE
AG
I think Mo is fine. He made a great hustle play to suppress a counterattack late in the game, and possibly saved a goal. He is certainly a bit selfish attacking wise, but that is the case with most goal scorers. He will have a multi-goal game soon, but I'd also like to see Shaqiri get a run in his spot periodically. Klopp is under utilizing Shaq and a fresher Salah will be better for the team.
OregonAggie
AG
I don't think Mo had played poorly. I feel the opposite actually, but the front the last year worked the ball around a little more because none of them were selfish.

I fully agree with you about Shaq needing some playing time. I think every player needs a rest throughout the year and this was the perfect game to give Shaq some time. Not only do you worry about Salah getting worn down, but you also have to worry about the confidence of players on the bench. I think watching Lallana play the past few weeks shows how much confidence from you manager impacts your on the field play.

carl spacklers hat
Did anyone else see the kid sporting the block A&M beanie two rows up in the 84th minute?? Shot was of a Liverpool player toward the sideline and the kid was in the background.
eiggA2002
AG
Can't wait for the break to be over. Sounds like Trent may be out against Spurs and Gomez is back in training.
AG@RICE
AG
Looking forward to having Gomez back. His speed allows them to set a much higher line while still having a get out of jail free card.

Virgil is an incredibly fast CB in his own right, but Gomez is like a cheetah.

OregonAggie
AG
AG@RICE said:

Looking forward to having Gomez back. His speed allows them to set a much higher line while still having a get out of jail free card.

I agree as well but will point out that Matip has played well with Gomez out. I could see Gomez on the right with Matip at CB until Trent is healthy
AG@RICE
AG
OregonAggie said:

AG@RICE said:

I agree as well but will point out that Matip has played well with Gomez out. I could see Gomez on the right with Matip at CB until Trent is healthy
Matip has really surprised me wit how well he played in Gomez's place. I thought for sure the defense would fall apart, but Matip has been great back there. Different set of strengths, but still effective.

I think the one takeaway from this season is that VVD can make anyone look like an all world CB.
jeffk
AG
Spurs tomorrow.
OregonAggie
AG
jeffk said:

Spurs tomorrow.

I read earlier that they have a few injuries too. Dier, Winks, and Aurier. Not sure how much the fans will be missing Dier though.
Dalton Hughes
Dalton Hughes
Staff
AG
What. A. Game.
OregonAggie
AG
I couldn't sit down for the last 15 minutes...hopefully Salah's involvement in that goal boosts his confidence!
jeffk
AG
Lol. Tough beat for the Spurs, but I feel zero sympathy for them because they're the Spurs.

3 points out of one of biggest tests left this season.

Being in a title race increases my stress level 3x during games. Not complaining or anything, just that extra level of meaningfulness with every goal.
jeffk
AG
byfLuger41
AG
Love it.
2017 World Series Champions - Houston Astros

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.