* Liverpool 2018-2019 Thread *

86,920 Views | 1475 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by OregonAggie
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Blah. Henderson and Wijnaldum still doubtful for this weekend.
eiggA2002
AG
The past couple of matches have emphasized how much we miss TAA. The lack of a fit RB is affecting and influencing the way we line up, set up, and our movement. It's like if you hurt your right leg and have a limp, your body compensates for it, but your left leg starts hurting. Couple that with the Hendo injury and we have to play Milner at RB. I have to assume that was not Klopp's first choice in that situation (surely he preferred Fabinho), but with Hendo unavailable we would have had no number 6, thus Fabinho plays there. Lallana starts over Shaqiri for defensive reasons to track back and help Milner. Crystal Palace absolutely owned him his last time at RB. Lallana was not bad by the way. I think he was one of our better players. Gini out and Keita had to play again. Then, well, the rest of the team sucked. It started with no RB. We were just out of sorts. Off balance, no space, and horrible on set pieces. Disappointing, but it's two draws and not two losses without our first choice RB, CB, MF. That's says something to me about the squad. Last year that is two L's. We've got what it takes to finish this out. We need some help on the injury front, but I'm confident and excited about the run in. Allez allez allez.
jeffk
AG
And when we're uncomfortable we seem to play far more narrow offensively through the midfield. The Hammers set up to close down the middle of the field and we just kept slamming into their packed defenders time and again. Ball's still in our court, just need to put some goals on the board and get guys healthy.
gig them
AG
We had Clyne in the fold for exactly this reason... and then we loaned him out in January.

I get that the situation was far different at the time, but it stings to watch it play out like this.
jeffk
AG
Added Ox to our CL roster, so there's that at least.
jeffk
AG
Everton gave me hope for 46 minutes. I was a fool.
jeffk
AG
CHERRIES
jeffk
AG
Gini back tho
jeffk
AG
Mane 1-0
Mathguy64
AG
Can you guys score goals without being offside?
OregonAggie
AG
Sure am glad to see Gini back on the field.

Holy crap what a great goal for GINI!!!!
jeffk
AG
That's just a beautiful touch finish from Gini. 2-0
jeffk
AG
mathguy86 said:

Can you guys score goals without being offside?

No. The fix is in. We're going to win the 'ship because we've bought the calls. Just accept it.
jeffk
AG
Slinky on for Bournemouth.

Also, as pretty as Gini's goal was, our third was just even more amazing.
jeffk
AG
TAA coming on.
gig them
AG
Excellent performance. That was a fun morning.

If this thing comes down to goal difference, we may rue the 4+ odd-man counterattacks that we didn't convert, but that's a problem for a different day.

It felt like December again.
OregonAggie
AG
I think Gini proved his importance to the squad yet again today. Absolute workhorse on both ends of the field.
AG@RICE
AG
OregonAggie said:

I think Gini proved his importance to the squad yet again today. Absolute workhorse on both ends of the field.

His name doesn't leap off the page and he rarely makes flashy plays, but he is so important. He is incredibly athletic and energetic, but also very disciplined. He constantly recovers balls in the midfield and then makes simple passes to preserve possession. He is the type of player that allows you to quietly dominate an opponent.
jeffk
AG
What are the odds Chelsea actually put up a fight tomorrow and get a win or draw?
toucan82
Not looking good
Mathguy64
AG
jeffk said:

What are the odds Chelsea actually put up a fight tomorrow and get a win or draw?

Apparently they were (-6) :1
jeffk
AG
Yikes.
joemeister
AG
Nobody quits mid-season quite as spectacularly as Chelski.
eiggA2002
AG
Forgot that Virg is suspended for the Bayern Munich match. Looks like it'll be Matip and either Hendo/Fabinho. Lovren still out. I guess whoever doesn't play CB will be in midfield with hopefully, Gini and Keita.
OregonAggie
AG
eiggA2002 said:

Forgot that Virg is suspended for the Bayern Munich match. Looks like it'll be Matip and either Hendo/Fabinho. Lovren still out. I guess whoever doesn't play CB will be in midfield with hopefully, Gini and Keita.

I think it'll be Fabinho at CB and Hendo/Milner/Gini in midfield. Klopp seems to have that as his favorite midfield group in big games.
jeffk
AG
Bayern looked beatable today.
jeffk
Dalton Hughes
Staff
AG
Let's do this.
eiggA2002
AG
Allez allez allez
OregonAggie
gig them
JoeOlson
BenderRodriguez
AG

Rocking my red today. Ignore the dog hair on the coat.
OregonAggie
AG

OregonAggie
AG
Very curious how Matip and Fabinho deal with Lewandowski and also how high up the field Bayern pushes themselves. I really think they need to score an away goal today but they also cannot lose by too much today. Pushing too high opens their slow CBs to a ton of pressure...They also have a ton of speed with Coman and Gnabry so counterattacks could be deadly.

This is going to be a helluva tactical game to watch.

YNWA!!!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.