* Liverpool 2018-2019 Thread *

87,069 Views | 1475 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by OregonAggie
gig them
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was excited about having a full squad, for once. To me, that means you can absorb some losses (or even purposefully choose to rest people) and still grab points in a game like this.

Not my favorite Liverpool watching experience.
Out in Left Field
AG
Good win!
Out in Left Field
AG
Everton did their job. Now we have to root for ManU
jeffk
jeffk
AG
With the lineup ManU trotted our today they'll be lucky to only lose by four.
jeffk
AG
I'm happy to be wrong though.
jeffk
OregonAggie
AG
Sturridge facing possible suspension for betting on football? Apparently the FA is investigating whether or not he placed money on his own loan to West Brom in January...that may be a lengthy suspension.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/football/premier-league/daniel-sturrridge-charged-by-the-fa-for-gambling-on-football/news-story/783e33a04fabbab1ff0a3980d16f024e
gougler08
AG
OregonAggie said:

Sturridge facing possible suspension for betting on football? Apparently the FA is investigating whether or not he placed money on his own loan to West Brom in January...that may be a lengthy suspension.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/football/premier-league/daniel-sturrridge-charged-by-the-fa-for-gambling-on-football/news-story/783e33a04fabbab1ff0a3980d16f024e

I'd be more worried about getting offed by a bookie than a suspension. Peaky Blinders style
eiggA2002
AG
Happy International Everyone Gets Injured Break!!

jeffk
AG
Got through it healthy... unlike PSG.
gougler08
AG
jeffk said:

Got through it healthy... unlike PSG.

Mbappe and Neymar hurt? Yikes
jeffk
AG
We play them in a week. Not sure how severe the injuries are but I'd be fine if they were held out as a precautionary measure.
gougler08
AG
Can't imagine Neymar playing if there's anything remotely serious with a groin injury.
joemeister
AG
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46290480

Quote:

Barcelona must pay 100m euros (89m) on top of a transfer fee if they try to sign a Liverpool player before 2020.

Pretty savvy IMO if it's true.
eiggA2002
AG

I laughed
OregonAggie
AG
Hahahaha. That made my day right there.
OregonAggie
AG
gougler08 said:

Can't imagine Neymar playing if there's anything remotely serious with a groin injury.

I agree with this. I hurt my groin in high school and couldn't play for a month.

Good news for us. If we beat PSG and Napoli beats RedStar, both us and Napoli are guaranteed for the next round. I just want to be the group winner!

Edit to post this article from a couple hours ago. PSG is saying that the injuries are not serious. They're saying both players will undergo a 48 hour treatment period before training.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.goal.com/en/amp/news/psg-issue-update-on-neymar-and-mbappe-injuries-ahead-of/1dks4targ94mv1vdugygryz6ef
joemeister
jeffk
AG
3 points
OregonAggie
AG
I knew the game would be tough but damn I was getting anxious until Salah put that goal in. Alexander's free kick was spectacular and I thought the defense looked great today as well.

Henderson looked pissed all game and I knew he was eventually getting a red. All good though because I like the captain playing with some fire.

jeffk
AG
Apparently Salah did Sergio Ramos' goal celebration today.
jeffk
AG
Just saw the ManU score.
BenderRodriguez
AG
jeffk said:

3 points

Man City's goal differential.

I hate to be a pessimist, but I'd be perfectly happy with putting everything toward CL this year, because the EPL might already be bottled up. That's Bayern level GD during their dominant years in a much weaker league. It's insane.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, we'll need them to trip up multiple times AND beat them head to head.
OregonAggie
AG
BenderRodriguez said:

jeffk said:

3 points

I hate to be a pessimist, but I'd be perfectly happy with putting everything toward CL this year, because the EPL might already be bottled up. That's Bayern level GD during their dominant years in a much weaker league. It's insane.

13 games into the season and we are 2 points back. A lot can happen in the next 25 games...25 games is a long damn time.

I'm not saying that we are going to win it but it's hardly time to be pessimistic about our title run.

I'm no doctor but I feel you may have a lingering case of Battered Aggie Syndrome that is now affecting your mindset in soccer...I will pray for you my friend.
OregonAggie
AG
Squad set for the trip to Paris tomorrow:

Liverpool squad: Fabinho, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Milner, Keita, Firmino, Mane, Salah, Gomez, Alisson, Henderson, Sturridge, Moreno, Mignolet, Shaqiri, Robertson, Matip, Kelleher, Camacho, Alexander-Arnold.

Camacho with the call up but doubtful he plays. Hopefully we can win this and secure entry in the next round!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-surprise-inclusion-psg-squad-15472742.amp
OregonAggie
AG
Man I love that the Little Rectangle is on our squad. I laughed off the criticism of him not having a good attitude based on his time at Stoke...I mean lord almighty it was Stoke!

"It's going to be a difficult game in Paris and a good game to show how good we are. We go there to try to win, for sure"

Heck yeah.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverpoolfc.com/amp/news/first-team/326929-xherdan-shaqiri-liverpool-psg-champions-league
gig them
AG
OregonAggie said:

BenderRodriguez said:

jeffk said:

3 points

13 games into the season and we are 2 points back. A lot can happen in the next 25 games...25 games is a long damn time.

I'm not saying that we are going to win it but it's hardly time to be pessimistic about our title run.

I'm no doctor but I feel you may have a lingering case of Battered Aggie Syndrome that is now affecting your mindset in soccer...I will pray for you my friend.

I second this diagnosis.

We've got a squad that can keep us in contention for both. So.... let's win both.
BenderRodriguez
AG
gig them said:

I second this diagnosis.

We've got a squad that can keep us in contention for both. So.... let's win both.

I'd love to be wrong, I really would.

But all that matters right now is 3 points on Wednesday!
OregonAggie
OregonAggie
AG
LINK TO AUDIO FOR THE BEATING WERE ABOUT TO HAND THESE FRENCHIES

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/fans/accessible/audio-commentary
jeffk
AG
Freakin' Bleacher Report Live. What the crap was Champions League thinking?
jeffk
AG
This midfield ain't it.
jeffk
AG
I hate Neymar so much.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.