* Liverpool 2018-2019 Thread *

86,955 Views | 1475 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by OregonAggie
OregonAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey what do you know, Salah again tries some stupid flick instead of just playing Shaqiri a normal through ball.

Just make a normal pass.
OregonAggie
AG
Lallana had a good game today and hopefully he can stay healthy this year. Off in the 69th minute for Fabinho.
jeffk
AG
Our passing in the final third today was atrocious.
eiggA2002
AG
Reds > Red Star
OregonAggie
joemeister
BenderRodriguez
AG
eiggA2002 said:

Reds > Red Star

Only real question is if Reds>Injuries
eiggA2002
AG
I'm excited about this lineup. Very attack minded against a team that is going to sit back.
OregonAggie
AG
Great to see Fabinho on the field. Hopefully he gets settled and more part of the team now.
OregonAggie
AG
FYI you can get audio if the game on Liverpool's website

https://video.liverpoolfc.com/player/0_wx0n9muc
OregonAggie
AG
Up 2-0 at half by Firmino and Salah. Assisted by Robertson and Shaqiri but Shaqiri was involved in both goals.

I seriously can't see how Klopp can keep him off the field at this point. Dude is a creator.
OregonAggie
AG
Fabinho is having a helluva game. Winning a lot of hard tackles.
BenderRodriguez
AG
Fabinho looked good, the Swiss Cube was phenomenal....I really don't have much negative to say about how anyone played today.

And icing on the cake, Napoli and PSG end tied and we're on top of the group. Feels good.
jeffk
AG
Today was a good day.
eiggA2002
AG
Alpine Messi was incredible again! He makes our formation a bit wonky but he needs to be on the pitch. Every time he touches the ball I think we're going to score. Fab was really good today too. Good day. Good times. Beat Cardiff City.
AG@RICE
AG
eiggA2002 said:

Alpine Messi was incredible again! He makes our formation a bit wonky but he needs to be on the pitch. Every time he touches the ball I think we're going to score. Fab was really good today too. Good day. Good times. Beat Cardiff City.
I don't understand how Shaq screws up the formation more than Coutinho did. It's not like the Brazilian was actually a good defender.

I didn't get to watch the game yesterday, so I'm generally pissed at Turner broadcasting.
eiggA2002
AG
You can buy individual games on the B/R Live app for $2.99. That's what I did. Looks like we are the early game in a couple of weeks so we'll either be on TNT or one of the Spanish speaking channels most likely.

We were more in a 4-2-3-1 last night with Mo up top which is different from the normal 4-3-3. Just saying we probably don't see that shape against City, Spurs, etc. I read that Klopp had two team sheets ready and they were working two different systems as late as the last training session. Shaqiri has been so great when he plays that you can't sit him right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar against Cardiff. Hopefully it's just taken this long to get the new guys used to our style of play and now we have more options!

OregonAggie
AG
eiggA2002 said:

Hopefully it's just taken this long to get the new guys used to our style of play and now we have more options!

Thanks for the suggestion on the B/R app. I'll be doing that for our games that aren't televised!

As far as this comment goes, I've read a bunch of articles about Klopp's integration of newer players and he has a history of not playing them until 10-20 games into the season with few exceptions. Firmino, Robertson, Gundogan, and now Fabinho/Keita/Shaqiri.

I made a comment a month ago about how it would suck if Fabinho was a bust...which a few folks here called me on it for good reason. After reading all the articles about how he integrates players, it makes sense. He wants perfection and a new player into his system isn't going to know where to be at all times in the beginning. Shaqiri is a great example of that.

I think this team is going to be phenomenal when all the players are comfortable in their roles and Fabinho took a big step forward yesterday. It's great to hear the number of tackles he made yesterday and that he was involved in the offense as well.
gougler08
AG
Just use reddit streams on a computer or tablet...
Mustang1
AG
The away game against Red Star in 2 weeks will be on TNT. Noon start.
jeffk
OregonAggie
OregonAggie
AG
Lineup today

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Van Dijk, Moreno, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Substitutes: Mignolet, Matip, Gomez, Robertson, Milner, Shaqiri, Sturridge.
ssmason
Out in Left Field
ssmason
Mo!!!
OregonAggie
AG
Damn Mane hammered that shot.

2-0 Liverpool!
Out in Left Field
AG
Show me the Mane!
OregonAggie
AG
Shaqiri with his first Anfield goal 85th minute!!!

3-1 Liverpool and this one is over. Great pass from Salah at the corner of the 18 and Shaqiri had a nice little hike to free up space for an easy shot.
OregonAggie
AG
Mane with another in the 87th!!!!

4-1!

Perfectly weighted through ball to Mane for an easy goal.

Salah has played great today
Out in Left Field
AG
Weeeeeeee
BenderRodriguez
AG
Given Man City's GD, I would have liked to see even more goals.

Great to see Shaq get his first, Mane and Salah back to their scoring ways...

All it took was me taking Mo off my fantasy team...
joemeister
jeffk
AG
Mo back.
FriedTex
AG
That last goal

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.