* Liverpool 2018-2019 Thread *

86,947 Views | 1475 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by OregonAggie
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jeffk said:

Keita looking rusty.

And now he's out with an injury.
OregonAggie
AG
jeffk said:

jeffk said:

Keita looking rusty.

And now he's out with an injury.

They subbed him out?
jeffk
AG
Yeah, Hendo is on now.
OregonAggie
AG
Thank you sir. How we looking? I started following it on ESPN but can't watch. Seems like we must've played better towards the end of the 1st half considering possession numbers and chances.
jeffk
AG
Really struggling in possession tonight. Last I saw, Napoli has the edge 59-41%. Also have no shots on or corners. Just seem like we're missing a spark in the midfield and the attack. Defense has been decent enough, but we can't even move the ball up the field consistently. Hopefully we'll get a sub in there to liven things up. Maybe Shaqiri?
jeffk
AG
Pretty sad performance all around. No real threat to score and our midfield was non-existent. Gave up a ton of chances to Napoli and they finally connected on one in the 90th minute. Need to find a spark somewhere or we'll get housed by City this weekend.
gig them
AG
Napoli fully deserved all three points. Was hoping we could nick one we didn't deserve, but I can't complain about that result.
eiggA2002
AG
That was awful all around. Napoli was the better side yesterday and deserved that one. This pretty much sums the night.

Sorry, I had a tweet in there that was picking up a naughty word, but it said:
"The only thing worse than our fullbacks tonight have been our midfielders and the only thing worse than our midfielders have been our forwards and the only thing worse than our forwards are our fullbacks." - LFC Offside Twitter

OregonAggie
AG
That quote is pretty damn funny.

I haven't had time to listen to the random Liverpool podcasts I subscribe to but I'm predicting a full blown BAttered Aggie Syndrome Style meltdown...
gig them
AG
Maybe this is a bizarro year where we steamroll everyone but our direct title competitors and it's still enough to nab the title

A guy can dream
OregonAggie
AG
gig them said:

Maybe this is a bizarro year where we steamroll everyone but our direct title competitors and it's still enough to nab the title

A guy can dream

That would be absolutely hilarious. I wonder how many point it'll take to win the league this year? 80? 90? 95?
jeffk
Dalton Hughes
Staff
AG
Let's go, Reds! Wrap up a perfect sports weekend for me.
Out in Left Field
AG
Cagey match
Dalton Hughes
Staff
AG
Mo couldn't hit the broad side of a barn right now, let alone the back of the net.
Out in Left Field
AG
OMG
jeffk
AG
Meh match, but I liked the way we looked at times. Glad to get a point from the affair.

Really hoping Mo breaks out of this funk soon.
gig them
AG
This weekend I sat down to watch Liverpool/City, A&M/Kentucky, and Texans/Cowboys in their entirety.

Please excuse me while I gouge my eyes out with an ice cream scoop.
jeffk
AG
Good news: Mo scored for Egypt today.

Bad news: Mo left the game with a thigh injury in the second half.
OregonAggie
Out in Left Field
AG
VVD puts one in for the Oranje.
jeffk
AG
And now he's coming home early with a rib injury.
jeffk
AG
Keita and Mane apparently picked up minor injuries in international duty too.
OregonAggie
AG
VVD - Been playing with 2 broken ribs per Ronald Koeman the Dutch coach....
Keita - Hamsting injury....
Mane- Had surgery today on his hand...
Salah - Groin strain...

Damn this was a tough international break but at least Huddersfield is coming up. VVD will play but the other probably won't. Reports are stating that Keita thinks he'll be fine but we will see. Good news is that our squad is pretty deep and I have no doubt the Little Rectangle will be starting this weekend!
OregonAggie
AG
Here's an interesting article about how Liverpool needs to rotate players more moving forward if y'all are interested.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/big-disadvantage-troubling-liverpool-title-15293400.amp

The author mentions that Liverpool's start has been a tough one due to the number of games they played in such a short window.
OregonAggie
AG
GAMEDAY TODAY V HUDDERSFIELD
ssmason
jeffk
OregonAggie
AG
Lineup:

Alisson; Gomez, Van Dijk, Lovren, Robertson; Henderson, Milner, Lallana; Salah, Sturridge, Shaqiri. Subs: Mignolet, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Firmino, Origi, Matip, Alexander-Arnold.

Good to see Origi called up and hopefully we can get a good lead so that Fabinho and him play today.
jeffk
AG
Also starting the rectangle up front with Mo and Sturridge. Should be interesting.
OregonAggie
AG
Shaqiri to Salah for the goal!!!!!
OregonAggie
AG
I'll say it now...Shaqiri is creative and works hard. Dude should be a no brainer starter on this team in my opinion.
jeffk
AG
jeffk said:

Also starting the rectangle up front with Mo and Sturridge. Should be interesting.

Update: it's been a good interesting so far.
OregonAggie
AG
Lucky to not have a handball on Milner and close offside call took a HUD goal off the board. Huddersfield is either better than their record or we aren't organized defensively.

Salah still looks off too. He keeps trying to play tricky passes instead of making easy passes. He needs to get back to basics.
texagbeliever
Not so sure that player was offsides. VD's foot might have kept him on...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.