* Liverpool 2018-2019 Thread *

86,909 Views | 1475 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by OregonAggie
eiggA2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Watched late on DVR (went radio silent all day) and woke up the children, wife, and dog after Bobby's goal. Milner is unbenchable at this point. He's been absolutely incredible as has Gini. What a match. What a team. It's fun to be a Red.
jeffk
AG
OregonAggie
AG
It's going to be interesting to see who plays this weekend against Southampton. I think Salah needs a break. I'd like to see Fabinho/Keita/Hendo in the midfield to give Gini and Milner a rest. Damn Milner and Gini have been great so far this year but this is why we brought in more talent: we can now rest players for the long season ahead.

I watched the game again last night with my daughter and she was screaming at the TV the whole game. It was badass when Bobby put that goal in just to see her jump off the couch screaming!
gig them
AG
AG@RICE said:

Bobby is so F'n good. Probably one of the top 3 CFs in the game right now. Since his arrival at Liverpool there has been one big-time goal scorer after another: Mane, Coutinho, Salah, and probably Mane again this year. The constant is Bobby.

I still can't understand why he didn't start for Brazil during the World Cup. They were basically a team full of divas and they desperately needed Bobby's unselfishness and movement. I spent so much time during Brazil's WC matches screaming because they left their best player on the bench.

That team was screaming for Firmino's presence. But Brazil, for some reason, seems determined to pound square pegs into round holes and act surprised at the results.
AG@RICE
AG
Shaqiri needs a run in the worst possible way.

Unleash the little rectangle.
OregonAggie
AG
AG@RICE said:

Shaqiri needs a run in the worst possible way.

Unleash the little rectangle.

Aside from Alisson, I was the most excited about this signing. I think he's a helluva player and can add so much to this team. I really think he needs to start a game or two in the next few weeks. It'll help give Mo and Mane some rest but also keep him dialed in.
jeffk
AG
OregonAggie
AG
GAMEDAY!!!!!!
ChipFTAC01
AG
Game isn't on regular tv this morning is it? Not seeing it
AG@RICE
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Game isn't on regular tv this morning is it? Not seeing it

I believe it is the 930am NBCSN game, however for some reason my guide (uverse) never updated. Website says it'll be Liverpool at 930 though....

Nice to see Shaqiri in, looks like they are giving him the coutinho role....should be fun.
jeffk
AG
Human rectangle critical in getting us on the board with that OG.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Found it, thanks
jeffk
AG
And now Matip scores. 2-0
jeffk
AG
Saw it posted yesterday that Klopp turned down the opportunity to have the team featured on the All or Nothing show like Man City was last season. Part of me is glad he eliminated the potential distraction but another part of me is sad we dot get to see more behind the scenes stuff from what seems like a really fun, interesting team.
jeffk
AG
What a FK from Shariqi and follow from Mo. 3-0.
OregonAggie
AG
Anyone else surprised that Klopp pulled Shaqiri off at half for Milner? Why wouldn't he have at least chosen Keita or Fabinho?

I thought the point of dining all these guys was to actually play them and give the starters a rest.
jeffk
AG
A little, but we have a very, very full schedule the next couple weeks so maybe he's got plans to use him a lot more in the games ahead?
jeffk
AG
3 points.
jeffk
AG
Talks about the subs here:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/317795-shaqiri-substitution-klopp-liverpool-southampton
AG@RICE
AG
[looks to the left].....[looks to the right]...

Hey, where did Chelsea go? She was right next to us and now I can't find her...
gig them
AG
I can't say enough about VVD. He just commands the space around him.

Here's hoping his injury is not serious.
jeffk
AG
That article I linked above says it's nothing that should keep him out our next match. That said, I don't know how seriously we're taking the Caribou Cup this year, so he and some other starters may get some rest Wednesday.
eiggA2002
AG
I hope we see a lineup like this:

I'd love to see it with even fewer 1st Teamers. Play the youngsters and if you win fine, if you don't meh.

Shaqiri - Solanke - Sturridge

Keita - Fab - Gini/Milner/Jones

Moreno - Matip - Gomez - Clyne

It would be even better if we came out in some random formation like a 3-5-2 and show Chelsea absolutely nothing.
OregonAggie
AG
I'll echo what Jeff said. Klopp said after the game that it isn't serious and he actually came into the game with a slight rib injury. He wasn't able to yell anymore so they took him off the field Klopp doesn't think he's going to be out because of it and hell he probably wasn't playing the game Wednesday anyway.
gig them
AG
Play the kids, and see what they can do. If we lose... the calendar opens up a little bit.
jeffk
AG
I've seen that a couple of Chelsea players came out with quotes about how they're coming in to Anfield looking for a win. It'd be kind of funny if we just rolled out a bunch of reserves.
gig them
AG
Dang y'all, this is a pretty salty next four. And it'll all be done by noon next Sunday. Yikes.

H Chelsea ([insert sponsor here] cup)
A Chelsea
A Napoli
H Man City
jeffk
AG
gig them
AG
I guess I forgot that we actually have a squad now, and that sitting the starters does not automatically mean a team full of teenagers.

It is bizarre, this feeling.
OregonAggie
AG
0-0 at half. I missed the first 15 minutes but it seemed that they were in control until around the 30th minute. Sturridge and Mane both had chances but couldn't convert. Keita has a good run to the 18 but Caballero made a good save.

Moses is eating Moreno up...no surprise there
jeffk
AG
jeffk
AG
They brought their big guns on...

1-2
jeffk
AG
Oh well.
OregonAggie
AG
Too many missed chances. Good news is that we only had 2 starters on the field to start and didn't look bad. The important game is Saturday anyway.

Sure would've been nice to win this one though but the premier league and CL are the main goals.
eiggA2002
AG
I'm totally ok with this result. It does let the squad get some playing time, but we could use the rest and our schedule is congested enough going forward. Saturday is so much more important.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.