* Liverpool 2018-2019 Thread *

86,879 Views | 1475 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by OregonAggie
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Also, we're officially dubbing these our "Purple Drank" kits.
Spaceball 1
AG
The away kits are awful.
jeffk
AG
I don't really like them either, but hopefully we'll win in them and change my mind. I really, really liked the green/white aways from last season though, so it's a tough act to follow.
OregonAggie
AG
Jeez those are horrendous and I won't be buying one...but I hope they bri g the same luck as the pumpkin spice kits!
OregonAggie
AG
I wonder how Golovin would fit in with our team? 2 assists in excellent crosses, comfortable on the ball, good vision, and a great free kick...me likey!
ChipFTAC01
AG
Mo starting on the bench
jeffk
AG
Emre Can officially gone to Juve.
Dalton Hughes
Staff
AG
jeffk
ChipFTAC01
Dalton Hughes
Staff
AG
Bobby!
gig them
AG
No buyout clause for Mo
ChipFTAC01
AG
Lebron rocking a Pulisic jersey on instagram. Maybe a ploy to woo him to Liverpool?
OregonAggie
AG
Just wanting to point out that Lovren has had a great WC so far. I hope it results in a lot more confidence for his games in Red this year!

YNWA!
BenderRodriguez
AG
I hope croatia makes it all the way to the final. But if he makes it to the final he's going to be not ready for the start of the season.

Next to Neymars flopping, that's why I was glad to see Brazil go out. Let Bobby get his R&R now, and come back fresh and hungry for the next EPL season.
jeffk
AG
Hendo also having a great WC.
jeffk
AG
Shaqiri signing looking likely.
OregonAggie
AG
jeffk said:

Shaqiri signing looking likely.

I hope this happens because that dude is a badass.
akm91
AG
Seems like LFC needs another GK stat! Karius not having the best start to preseason.
OregonAggie
AG
akm91 said:

Seems like LFC needs another GK stat! Karius not having the best start to preseason.

I've been really surprised that they haven't pulled the trigger on one, even if they have to overpay. Hell they might have won the Champions League last year if they had a top tier goalie.

I think Karius can still grow into being a great goalie but his confidence is going to be shot for awhile. Going into the season with a goalie that lacks confidence would be a major mistake and I don't think Klopp will allow that to happen.

Apparently 60M is the asking price for Allison and they need to make that happen, even if it means paying 75-80M. I would do that even if it meant shutting down all other transfers.
gig them
AG
Agreed on all fronts.

Any Karius mistake during the season is going to come with a ridiculous amount of baggage.

It's unfortunate, but that's the situation we're in. He really needs to play somewhere else.
ChipFTAC01
AG
For those of you who live in Houston, what's the crowd like at Ron's Pub for a game? My wife and I watched the WC game there yesterday and it was a little more of a subdued crowd than I expected. Very few Brits.
jeffk
AG
Agree on the need for a true #1 keeper. I like Karius and feel bad for the dude, but we need some stability in net this year. We have the funds to make a big signing there and I know it's a priority, so I guess I'll trust JK to make the right moves.

Anyone think Pulisic leaves Germany this off-season? Seems like he's been rumored to join every top 6 EPL side at one point or another.

Also, how fun is it to watch Lovren toe the line between hard-nosed defense and dangerous card-worthy play every game this WC?
akm91
AG
Hope Pulisic stays put for now. He's at a place where he'll get consistent minutes and playing in a high caliber league to continue his growth. Not sure he'll have the same situation moving to EPL.

If they can't pry Allison away from Roma, the Croatian keeper may be worth picking up. No way they can get Curtois nor Lloris.
texagbeliever
I think lovern has benefited from the no card policy of the WC. If he had picked up an early yellow I think he would be more cautious.
jeffk
AG
For sure! He was knocking people around yesterday. Got whistled for a crap-ton of fouls but never carded.
jeffk
AG
I'm torn on Pulisic - I'd love to see him playing for 'Pool and under Klopp's tutelage, but I also know he's in a good spot for his development currently.

And yeah, the Croatian keeper (Subasic?) has looked really good this WC.
jeffk
AG
Also, New Balance and LFC released the third kit details today. Meh from me, but it's hard to beat the three we had last year.

OregonAggie
AG
I think Pulisic needs to stay there. I honestly don't see how he would get the same amount of minutes at any of the top 4 EPL club's at this point and he needs the minutes. I'm hoping he shows more development this year.
eiggA2002
AG
No way we spend big on a keeper. Klopp has never spent big money on one. Alison is overpriced and wasn't great in the WC and tune up matches. We need a fresh face no doubt, but I'd be ok with someone like Pope from Burnley as that fits more in Klopp's price range (don't like Butland). As long as they can play out of the back. Also, it seems like Danny Ward is going to get a shot...yikes! If they decide to spend big time on a GK that'd be great, but I just don't see Klopp signing off on that. Other than Shaqiri, I hope there is one more big fish out there as far as transfers go and it's either Fekir at a reduced cost or someone we haven't heard much about like the Fabinho signing.

Also, Lovren is a boss...Go Croatia!!
gig them
AG
jeffk said:

Also, New Balance and LFC released the third kit details today. Meh from me, but it's hard to beat the three we had last year.

Do these come with an automatic guarantee of victory? Or is that reserved for last year's alternates.
jeffk
AG
It's kind of weird how last year we had:

Home - red
Away - white/mint
3rd - pumpkin spice

and now we have:

Home - red
Away - purple
3rd - grayish AYSO pattern

Kind of switched around the light/dark arrangement of the away/3rd.
jeffk
AG

jeffk
AG
jeffk
AG
Men in Blazers mentions it regularly, but Shaqiri really is a rectangle with legs. The dude is all 90 degree angles.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.