My U11s flip throw.

1,744 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Rudyjax
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Proud dad brag here. Move along if not interested. It was her first in a game. She let go a little late, but I'm proud as hell.

Rudyjax
AG
You can hear my fil saying, don't fall down. Don't fall down.
Wrighty
AG
Your u11 daughter is badass.
CDub06
AG
Baller
OregonAggie
AG
That's awesome she had the confidence to do it! They're only going to get better from here.
Rudyjax
AG
OregonAggie said:

That's awesome she had the confidence to do it! They're only going to get better from here.

This was game 3 of a tournament. Her coach came up to her after the second game and and told her to do it game 3.

He called for it so she didn't have time to think about it.

He's a good coach. One of the few select dad coaches that is a good coach. He doesn't even have a kid on this team because of the birth year change.

jeffk
AG
Very cool.
fletch01
Rudyjax
AG
We watched it on th big screen. She said wow, I was lucky it didn't go backwards.
Rudyjax
AG
Her teammates insisted she show the Scottish coaches at camp today. Scroll down a bit.

https://www.facebook.com/NorthTexasCelticFC/?hc_ref=ARSm3cccDfbvUy1Y_HN7p9YKDkOPLdonatOF6jnYyn17VqZRrhLw6G_EvJ05RMXYv9Y&fref=nf
aTmAg
AG
Unthought Known said:

Her teammates insisted she show the Scottish coaches at camp today. Scroll down a bit.

https://www.facebook.com/NorthTexasCelticFC/?hc_ref=ARSm3cccDfbvUy1Y_HN7p9YKDkOPLdonatOF6jnYyn17VqZRrhLw6G_EvJ05RMXYv9Y&fref=nf
A girl on my youngest daughters team did it like that for a while. She too would put the ball down, walk back without the ball and then do the flip throw. However, when she put the ball down it would give the other team a chance to catch on to what she is doing. If your daughter can eventually take the ball with her, and do this once or twice a game when the ball is near their goal, you might be able to get an easy goal out of it by surprise.
Rudyjax
AG
Great advice. We thought it would take the other team by surprise the first time, but it really didn't .

We're working on it without putting it down, but her hands aren't big enough or she's not strong enough to do it yet. I wish she'd be allowed to take her ball to tumbling where the risk of injury is less.

We'll see how it progresses.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.