Arsenal 2018-2019 Thread

113,914 Views | 2116 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CoolAggie
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The first 20 minutes or so were awful and then Arsenal were easily the better side.

Dumb.
TXAggie2011
AG
wangus12 said:

I swear the **** that media complains about. I thought after we gave up the goal, we played really well yesterday and had a professional performance. ESPNs headline from one of the pundits:

"Arsenal's performance didn't fill me with joy"

**** man we've gotten stomped the last three matches, not losing fills me with joy.
I saw that. I had to stop watching before I even got to that line.

Its an incredibly silly take for this point in the season and the tournament.
chjoak
AG
Quotes from an interview with Lee Dixon...

Quote:

"One of the most disappointing things about Arsenal over the past few months is that, defensively, they are not getting any better.

"They are still making the same awful mistakes and [Unai] Emery is still chopping and changing from a three to a four at the back, which can't be helping matters. He is obviously not happy with what he is seeing and trying to juggle the players to find the right defensive combination.
"I think there will be some major movement in that area in the summer because he realizes it is one of the major issues for this team, and will know by now which players are not good enough.

"He changes the formation all the time because he is trying to find the magic mix with what he has got at the club, when maybe he does not have the right personnel for the team to have the correct mentality when they don't have the ball."
PJYoung
AG
Lol Spurs go down at Bournemouth with 2 red cards.

Frustrating to think Arsenal could still be in control of their own fate with any kind of decent form down the stretch.
wangus12
AG
Rumor that Barca want to go after Lacazette if the don't get Griezmann. Anything less than 100m and they can **** right off
chjoak
AG
Read that yesterday. Heard the proposed deal was 60-70m or a swap involving Umtiti or Gomes.
OneBlitzer
AG
Penalty given to Arsenal. Aubameyang converts! Nice start!
OregonAggie
AG
chjoak said:

Read that yesterday. Heard the proposed deal was 60-70m or a swap involving Umtiti or Gomes.

That really isn't a bad deal right there. If this team had a defense you'd be scary as hell to play.

Man I hope you guys qualify for CL.
OneBlitzer
AG
Brighton playing with confidence. Not exactly a guaranteed 3 points.
chjoak
AG
OregonAggie said:

chjoak said:

That really isn't a bad deal right there. If this team had a defense you'd be scary as hell to play.

Man I hope you guys qualify for CL.

I'd really rather not give up Laca but I question if we will truly be able to get a quality defender at a discount. If we swapped for Umtiti we would have the quality CB we need (rotation of Sokratis, Umtiti, Kos, Holding & Mov) for a 4 man back line and then switch to Emery's preferred 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 formation with PAE as the lone ST. I think it will be easier to find a young backup target forward that can push PAE at a cheapish price then it will be to find a starting quality CB for a similar price tag.
OneBlitzer
AG
Xhaka brain fart. Brighton penalty converted. Level at one.
wangus12
AG
That was so ****ing dumb. He is running that ball out. You ****ing morons
Smokedraw01
Xhaka gonna Xhaka.
AggieRob93
AG
What a frickin' whimper.
OneBlitzer
AG
Crappy finish today and the recent form in the Premier League. One win in last six matches. WTH Arsenal?!?!?
AggieRob93
AG
What will be insufferably ironic...Arsenal make it to the Europa final, and lose to the fightin' Hazard's, who have already qualified for the CL.
wangus12
AG
So basically 2 months of premier league matches against mid-table teams or worse and we've only manged to win 1 ****ing game with a luck goal against 10 man Watford who still dominated us. Pretty sure most top managers get fired for that ***** Its an absolute embarrassment and Emery better be on a short ****ing chain. I don't care if he doesn't have his exact players because he should still be able to win those matches with what he does have.
chjoak
AG
Only chance at CL is to...

1. win EL
2. Spurs to lose to Everton and us to beat Burnley and the GD between those 2 games is +9 in our favor (ie our + GD plus Spurs - GD must be greater than 8.

At this point it is EL or bust. Only advantage is we have been playing well in EL. Sucks because if we took care of business in the last 6 or so EPL games we would be comfortably in 3rd.
wangus12
AG
Well we've scored 5 goals in our last 6 matches in the league so spurs will have to do us the favor of losing by 7+.

4 points out of 18. Players making incredibly stupid decisions all around. We got stone-walled by Brighton at home. It took an incredible save from Leno to save us a point while we just wasted chances at the other end.
TXAggie2011
AG
Mother ****er. What a **** show.

Unai Emery can coach in a tournament.

Dude won't last too long at Arsenal, though, if he can't learn to coach in a league.
wangus12
AG
It was announced during the lap of honor that Welbeck is officially leaving at the end of the season as well. Rambo was in tears when they announced him leaving.
OneBlitzer
AG
Gonna miss Ramsey and Welbeck was easy guy to root for and like.
PJYoung
AG
Fittingly booed off the pitch after that disaster. Sorry Ramsey and Cech had to watch that.
chjoak
AG
Rumors popping up that we have agreed a 5yr deal with Edu to be our Technical Director
wangus12
AG
Just coming to post this. Hopefully he can hit the ground running since he has almost no time to prepare for the summer transfer window.
chjoak
AG
Have a feeling we are fixing to see an influx of young inexpensive Brazilians. Outside of Martinelli (whom I've heard Edu is a fan of) we have already been linked with 2-3 others in the last several months.
wangus12
AG
If they can be effective wingers, so be it.
wangus12
AG
chjoak
AG
Not seen any other wingers linked yet. DM & RB so far from what I recall.
TXAggie2011
AG
chjoak said:

Have a feeling we are fixing to see an influx of young inexpensive Brazilians. Outside of Martinelli (whom I've heard Edu is a fan of) we have already been linked with 2-3 others in the last several months.
Young Brazilians sounds like a great way to plug a leaky defense.
texagbeliever
Key for Arsenal tomorrow...dont take a 3 goal lead.
wangus12
AG
Jesus has found a way to make me root for ****ing Liverpool
wangus12
AG
Huge match. We've definitely played much better in the EL than we have the league. This competition is all that matters right now. Hopefully we can knick an early goal to cancel out their away goal and build from there. Valencia is very good at home so we have to be very focused at the back and can't afford any **** ups like we've had recently.

We desperately need that CL money to help with bringing in more players.
gougler08
AG
Going to go post up at a resort bar and try to watch this one...going to need at least one goal so hopefully we come out like we did against Napoli
wangus12
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.