Arsenal 2018-2019 Thread

113,953 Views | 2116 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CoolAggie
joemeister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How is Mustafi consistently in the team? There has to be a youth team player that can at least run fast right?
wangus12
AG
We were on a really good streak and then we lost Rambo. There is no confidence in the side right now. We can't even bother to really show up against the mid-table teams in the league, so playing against a top 4 la Liga team doesn't bode well.
wangus12
AG
Pathetic. At least Wenger's teams only had one collapse a year around Christmas and usually the team finished strong enough to give you some ****ing hope for the next. This feels like we need to sign ~10 new starters to be somewhat competitive.

And I'm not saying Wenger should have been kept. But this is one of the worst run of performances I can think of in the last 25 years
AggieRob93
AG
Arsenal has become a slump buster. Ugh.
wangus12
AG
The fact that we still have a chance at 4th after everything is ridiculous
Maximus_Meridius
AG
wangus12 said:

It really doesn't speak well to the quality of the EPL this season, does it?
wangus12
AG
Maximus_Meridius said:

wangus12 said:

It really doesn't speak well to the quality of the EPL this season, does it?
Which is crazy because it very well could end up with 4 English teams in the CL and Europa league finals
chjoak
AG
More than anything this off-season I want a new Def coach. Our problems can't all be related to the player's. The only 100% common factor between Emery and AW is Steve Bould. Think it is time to move on. AW has his faults but can't help but wonder if we could have held things together longer had he replaced Bould with a better coach 4-5 years ago.
TXAggie2011
AG
Just back from the UK.

Did the Emirates Stadium "Legends Tour" this time, tour guide was Charlie George.

I'm not gonna say it was 100% worth the added price to get a tour from George, but it was my birthday and it was pretty damn close.

Wasn't able to make an Arsenal match but it wasn't one of our best two week stretches of the year. Watching in some pubs was good enough.
TXAggie2011
AG
chjoak said:

More than anything this off-season I want a new Def coach. Our problems can't all be related to the player's. The only 100% common factor between Emery and AW is Steve Bould. Think it is time to move on. AW has his faults but can't help but wonder if we could have held things together longer had he replaced Bould with a better coach 4-5 years ago.

Maybe, but Bould is only in his 7th year as a first team coach and the defense was pretty darn good for much of his first few years.

To be more serious, yeah, Bould may need to go. But this team has had more problems than what Bould is responsible for.

The weird formations and the stagnant offense and effort goes higher than Bould.
wangus12
AG
Arsenal hasn't made the announcement yet, but BBC is reporting that Aaron Ramsey is officially done for the year. Definitely feels like he was the heart of the team this year and we've fallen off a cliff since he was injured. Bummed that this is how his Arsenal career is ending.

Suarez has also been ruled out for the rest of the year with a groin injury. Waste of 2+ million to bring him here on loan and I see no way that we'll purchase him in the summer.

Big match tomorrow so hopefully we'll turn up. Playing against two former players in Gabriel and Coquelin. It would be really nice if Gabby makes a mistake like he used to for us.
wangus12
AG
And now I'm sad. Dude is a legend in my book for the club. A big game player with an incredible engine and we are gonna miss having him.

https://instagr.am/p/Bw7Qj_fANFS

https://instagr.am/p/Bw7U1itF6kN
Maximus_Meridius
AG
That sucks.
wangus12
AG
At least we are running a back 3 today

Cech, AMN, Mustafi, Sokratis, Koscielny, Kolasinac, Xhaka, Guendouzi, Ozil, Laca, Auba

chjoak
AG
wangus12 said:

Cech, AMN, Mustafi, Sokratis, Koscielny, Xhaka, Guendouzi, Ozil, Laca, Auba
Your missing one. I assume Kola?
wangus12
AG
chjoak said:

wangus12 said:

Cech, AMN, Mustafi, Sokratis, Koscielny, Xhaka, Guendouzi, Ozil, Laca, Auba
Your missing one. I assume Kola?
I figured we'd just play down a man from the start. Not like having 11 in defense has helped us in the past
OneBlitzer
AG
Ugh!
chjoak
AG
The lack of defensive effort on set pieces is crazy.
OneBlitzer
AG
Nice team goal. Lacazette finished well.
PJYoung
AG
lol we looked like we were about to get swept off the pitch.

Beautiful quick goal
OneBlitzer
AG
Lacazette again. Header barely gets across goal line. Excellent response since Valencia goal.
wangus12
AG
Love seeing the intensity. Just wish they'd do this every damn game
chjoak
AG
We've looked solid to good on offense from the first whistle. It's the D that gives us issues.
wangus12
AG
Need to grab a couple more
chjoak
AG
Laca should have had a trick
chjoak
AG
Also, Kola has been dog sheet on offense today. All of his crosses have been horrible.
chjoak
AG
chjoak said:

And again
chjoak
AG
chjoak said:

And again
chjoak
AG
PAE!!!!!!!
PJYoung
AG
Well that felt like a massive goal.
chjoak
AG
1 away goal should wrap it up as long as we don't have a total meltdown.
wangus12
AG
Glad we got a 3rd. We really needed it
OneBlitzer
AG
Totall agree! Will still be a nervy match. As you alluded to earlier, intensity is huge.
texagbeliever
Great Result! B/R still sucks.
wangus12
AG
I swear the **** that media complains about. I thought after we gave up the goal, we played really well yesterday and had a professional performance. ESPNs headline from one of the pundits:

"Arsenal's performance didn't fill me with joy"

**** man we've gotten stomped the last three matches, not losing fills me with joy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.