Arsenal 2018-2019 Thread

113,895 Views | 2116 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CoolAggie
OneBlitzer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
True. I'm greatful Arsenal controls their destiny despite the missed opportunities. Chelsea and Man U have underwhelmed. I'm optimistic based on Europa League performances.
wangus12
AG
Sounds like we reached an agreement to bring in a young Brazilian winger Gabriel Martinelli
t - cam
AG
OneBlitzer said:

Bad loss! Hope this one doesn't come back to haunt us at the end of the season.

It is the end of the season.
wangus12
AG
For the love of God please show up and play with some urgency today
chjoak
AG
Seeing rumors that we made another run at Edu for Technical Director and this go was much more productive. Claims that the signing of Gabriel Martinelli is atleast partially due to Edu's interest in the player. Also seeing some links to a young Brazilian RB and DM. Both were linked last summer (I believe) but are popping up again with the rumors of Edu.
wangus12
AG
Lets ****ing go

OneBlitzer
AG
t - cam said:

OneBlitzer said:

Bad loss! Hope this one doesn't come back to haunt us at the end of the season.

It is the end of the season.
Technically the end of season is after 38 mathches in the EPL.
wangus12
AG
Started really well, but we slow down far to quickly as we come into the final 3rd. Need to get a goal
wangus12
AG
Or not. **** off
OneBlitzer
AG
Ugh!!! Nice goal off free kick by Wolves.
wangus12
AG
Goodbye top 4
OneBlitzer
AG
Crap! Premier League top four hopes are fading..
Smokedraw01
TXAggie2011 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

Just start the 2019-2020 thread.

No!

Now?
PJYoung
AG
lol. Back to work.
gougler08
wangus12
AG
How the **** does Steve Bould still have job after years and years of atrocious defending. Coupled with the fact that we seem to be mentally inept at playing outside of the Emirates.
PJYoung
AG
He was offside but nobody cares.
OneBlitzer
AG
Done and dusted! Look like sheet today. Down 3 nil. What the hell Arsenal?!?!?!?
wangus12
AG
I look forward to another year of Europa league.
Jason_Ag98
PJYoung
AG
lol, no heart on the road continues. They just expect to lose it seems.
wangus12
AG
Just for once I'd like to see some actual guts from this team. There is no desire or fight about any of them. Another year of this level of mediocrity coupled with the fact that we don't have an owner willing to invest will probably cripple the club. A team with an older history of success that is now your average mid table club
wangus12
AG
We have all this possession and we don't try anything. Guess they can't score if we just pass it around the back.
OneBlitzer
AG
Two bad losses in a row. Four points seemed a reasonable expectation going into last weekend but Arsenal couldn't even grab one point.
AggieRob93
AG
wangus12 said:

How the **** does Steve Bould still have job after years and years of atrocious defending. Coupled with the fact that we seem to be mentally inept at playing outside of the Emirates.
I was typing this damn near exact post after Sunday's loss, then backed away. All I can chalk it up to is, besides Bould's own incompetence, Wenger did not seem capable of putting together and retaining a back 4 worthy of top flight football, for which Arsenal is still paying the piper.
wangus12
AG
I don't want to see a back 4 for the rest of the season. I don't want to see Emery get cute with the ****ing lineup. We have 5 games left. The best players available have to play. No rotation. We play a back 3 (Sokratis, Koss, Monreal) with AMN and Kola as wingbacks. That group in that formation for the rest of the year. The back 4 hasn't worked well all season for us. No point to continue it.

I'm concerned that we are almost a year in and it feels like nothing has changed defensively. I know we'll be on the market for players, but I doubt we can afford the actual level we'll need to fix things. I'm not sure how you can fix the away game mentality. Emery's teams have always had an issue playing away from home so I'm not sure he can fix it.

I imagine we will see several players that see a lot of minutes currently on their way out in the summer, but who we'll replace them with is a concern. It showed in January that recruiting people to the club that we need is going to be difficult.
PJYoung
AG
wangus12 said:

I imagine we will see several players that see a lot of minutes currently on their way out in the summer, but who we'll replace them with is a concern. It showed in January that recruiting people to the club that we need is going to be difficult.

Give me more additions like Kolasinac and Sokratis and less like Mustafi please.
chjoak
AG
If we miss CL I think it may become a good deal more likely that we end up moving some vets like Ozil, PAE, Laca, etc... whether we truly want to or not. While it's highly unlikely, it kind of make the conspiracy theorist in me wonder if Emery wasn't told to throw some matches to miss top 4 this year so we could offload some bad salary and rebuild in his image.
TXAggie2011
AG
chjoak said:

If we miss CL I think it may become a good deal more likely that we end up moving some vets like Ozil, PAE, Laca, etc... whether we truly want to or not. While it's highly unlikely, it kind of make the conspiracy theorist in me wonder if Emery wasn't told to throw some matches to miss top 4 this year so we could offload some bad salary and rebuild in his image.

Nothing convinces other teams to take on high salaries like underperformance from those high salaries.
gougler08
AG
West Ham trying to give us an opening (again)
wangus12
AG
Playing 4 at the back again
wangus12
AG
AMN gets a yellow for a shoulder to shoulder while Leicester get away with stamping on Torreria without a call. **** Michael Oliver
wangus12
AG
AMN sent off.
wangus12
AG
It was only a matter of time
gougler08
AG
That had been coming

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.